Reverend Insanity

Fed-Kun's army
Bing Bing Wahoo isn't a heroine for the same reason every other woman in the story isn't a heroine, Fang Yuan literally only cares about becoming immortal, 500 years of dealing with people kinda made him see other people as something to either exploit or kill, there's like one woman that gets any kind of reaction out of him and we won't even hear about her for years.

Oh, look, a xianxia style manhua, with isekai+reincarnation theme, where the MC and NPCs actually have some brains and the story flows naturally. I hope this pattern last for a while...

How it switches from funny to deathly serious is just super nice and not without direction to actual development

So Leaf is now using a timer for his chapters? Too bad I was using him to know when Meraki got theirs up.

Dex-chan lover
@Ramanash Me too lol. Everytime I see Timeless' chapter in my follows list, I just thought "Oh cool Meraki's chapter is up on their site, Imma go there."

I had to click the eye icon to view all the chapters here since the views don't register when I read outside of MD.

@ark-sama I beg to differ. Compare both translations from Timeless and Meraki and you'll quickly find that Meraki's much more fluid and packed with emotion, unless you're the type of person who doesn't care about literature as long as what you read isn't alien.

Dropping this one: Too many "gotcha" moments and convoluted political situations. It's not that I'm not smart enough to understand, it's that I'm smart enough to know when a writer is trying to fake being clever. Anyone can seem clever if they simply withhold information from the audience and then spring it later like they had it prepared the whole time. When your character has to explain to the audience how they set everything up, the writer has made a mistake.

Plus the MC is an unrepentant prick with no redeeming qualities, which is shallow and boring despite trying to be different from other stories.

@jestervae It's just the adaptation doing shit. In the novel, everything has a real reason behind it. Fang Yuan is arrogant when he wants others to see him as arrogant. He can be everything if it's for benefit. He can't care much about what is said about him. Fang Yuan was a demonic path Blood Immortal, the worst kind of criminal. He's just playing with the older of the sect, they're only babies in his eyes.

The adaptation skips too many details and turns the characters into low-rank ovation bringer for the mc. I have never seen side characters that were hailing the mc for being extraordinary in the entire novel. Every time someone says something about Fang Yuan, he always disregards it.

It's such a waste for this fabulous story. Just the fact that Fang Yuan is the only beautiful character show that the adaptation misses it, in the novel, Fang Yuan is said to have an average face. And there was no mention of other character being ugly like in the adaptation.

If you have time, I suggest you read the novel and discover the real depth in its writing. This adaptation should only serve as testing water in case someone wants to read the original. The first few chapters were not too bad but still skipping minor details. But that's just the point of a novel reader~

Contributor
@DaoLaw You're losing your time trying to convince this infidels xD

Wait 'till they reach Three Kings Arc and see the fuckin' climax by themselves, they will beg for more xD

@DaoLaw I still haven't ever made the jump into reading light novels. Maybe I'll give it a try with this one.

@kurosa You realize that DaoLaw was agreeing with me that the manwa is shit, right? The light novel may be great, but this manwa is crap. If you didn't understand that from the conversation, then I can see how you might think otherwise about the manwa, too.

Contributor
@jestervae I did not even read you, I just read Dao's message and then I comment 🤒

Did you expect anyone will read all the thread before comment?

Aggregator gang
Why are 2 groups both translating the same chapters? Sorry if this has been asked before im just curious

Users who are viewing this thread