Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 14 Ch. 59 - My dear home

Dex-chan lover
Hold it. When did it become decided that Freya was a concubine?

Especially when was it decided by Aura???

Dex-chan lover
oh man oh man how i miss their little talks and some quality time with each other. i still remember how she said she's lucky to have our mc since he could just be a deadbeat seed-giver but he still chose to support her ruling in every way he can.. like how fucking sweet is that statement :glee::glee: it's also sweet how she appreciates mc's every action not matter how little it is

Dex-chan lover
Hold it. When did it become decided that Freya was a concubine?

Especially when was it decided by Aura???
https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0d3a310-03f3-4f2b-ad3a-2e75307bb49c/10

It was decided around this time, where Aura saw the benefit of the concubine outweigh the cons.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0d3a310-03f3-4f2b-ad3a-2e75307bb49c/30

And this is her convincing Zenjirou, ironically, the biggest hurdle for concubines.

Edit: Note that there hasn’t been an official ceremony yet so it’s not official yet but everything and everyone is proceeding like its a done deal.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the TL. Sevenseas' record for translation is horrible at best. However the question is whether the manga is translated or merely just published by Sevenseas. The novels are done by J-Novel Club after all.
The Light Novel was licensed by J-Novel Club in 2021.
Seven Seas had licensed the Manga in 2019.

Dex-chan lover
I guess TL is talking about the comment I made before.

But what can I say, the slow rate they are releasing the Manga Chapters would make anyone think like that. Any 3rd Party would come to the same conclusion.

I mean the official 7Seas translation is currently at Chapter 60, while Raws are at Chapter 76 (with Chapter 77 releasing within a few days).

If they really hate 7Seas, then why match their release speed?

Power Uploader
I guess TL is talking about the comment I made before.

But what can I say, the slow rate they are releasing the Manga Chapters would make anyone think like that. Any 3rd Party would come to the same conclusion.

I mean the official 7Seas translation is currently at Chapter 60, while Raws are at Chapter 76 (with Chapter 77 releasing within a few days).

If they really hate 7Seas, then why match their release speed?
I'm not sure if you're a newcomer to Risou, or the current scan scene is THAT bad that people expect us to break our back to push release to match raw... But here's a recap.

Risou is one of the few sponsored series that I actively pay a translator to make release. One might think it's easy to just pump out 2-3 chapters per month but reality's a bitch, sadly. For once, Agisilver is working for many groups, the fact that he's been with us for this long is enough of a miracle (Consider that we've lost FlameShin's service 5 chapters in). Secondly, Risou is a mess when it comes to translating because of all the talking and politics, plus each chapter average 35-40 pages (This is a lighter one, but we aren't always so lucky), requiring even more time to properly research and translate to make sure you get everything right.

It's manpower that we don't have - we CANNOT work faster than what we're currently doing, UNLESS by some miracle someone decided to throw a few grands to pay Agsilver's bill and make him full-time-TL for Risou. That simply won't happen.

Contributor
I agree with the TL. Sevenseas' record for translation is horrible at best. However the question is whether the manga is translated or merely just published by Sevenseas. The novels are done by J-Novel Club after all.
You can check the credits, but I think the translation is owned by Seven Seas alone.

Also, have you guys actually seen the official translation for this, or are you just basing your beliefs on doomposts?

Contributor
Always trust fan scanlaters over offical. Ones a passion project of effort and quality checking, the others a half assed cashgrab
(looks at the constant MTL translations we get)

(looks at Baki scanslations, which were intentionally fucked up)

(looks at the constant rivalries and drama between snipers and fan translation groups)

Power Uploader
You can check the credits, but I think the translation is owned by Seven Seas alone.

Also, have you guys actually seen the official translation for this, or are you just basing your beliefs on doomposts?
I've seen many of 7Sea's TL including Risou. They just don't do the manga its justice.

A notable example in C52, when Giuseppe tries to push Lucreza to Zenjirou. In the raw, he explicitly tells Zenjirou to use "her body" as he sees fit (as a concubine), but this doesn't fit 7Sea's view so they changed it to "put her to work"

Double-page supporter
Always trust fan scanlaters over offical. Ones a passion project of effort and quality checking, the others a half assed cashgrab
There are people who are too used to fan-translations that they can't let go of Japanese honourifics or words that they bash the Official English release.

Of course for official releases we expect accurately translated, well-edited, and clean pages but to call them "a half assed cashgrab" ignores "fan" translators that put up lazy MTL with zero editing, proofreading, or cleaning, but still cries for donations in their credits page. Hell, for some "fan" groups that do this, they also snipe what's popular in hopes of getting money and have ego-trips.

jak

Contributor
I get that this is a harem manga but I do personally wish that relationships with mc and concubine(s) stay platonic with reasons for their positions being purely political. probably very unlikely but oh well
I mean even if he cares about them and has children, it's pretty clear he will only love Aura.

Dex-chan lover
Freya of the fridge, what's your wuisdum?
image.png

That a protagonist shouldn't be thinking of fridging people

Aggregator gang
Oof, sucks that he has to be careful with how he speaks with his son. Mixing up two languages can put a strain on someone young.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't. In pretty much every case I've heard of you just learn both languages. I speak from both personal experience and knowledge. The most efficient approach to this is if each parent( or even grandparents) speaks a different language exclusively.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0d3a310-03f3-4f2b-ad3a-2e75307bb49c/10

It was decided around this time, where Aura saw the benefit of the concubine outweigh the cons.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/c0d3a310-03f3-4f2b-ad3a-2e75307bb49c/30

And this is her convincing Zenjirou, ironically, the biggest hurdle for concubines.

Edit: Note that there hasn’t been an official ceremony yet so it’s not official yet but everything and everyone is proceeding like its a done deal.
You're a Hero. Thanks for that.

They really should hurry up and make that official.

Even with that happening, pretty sure Zenjirou still isn't convinced and is just agreeing on a surface level to appease. Aura/Freya must know this.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a light political game played -- An arc where it's Aura & Freya trying to push forward with the concubine ceremony vs Zenjirou's strategic deterrence of it.

Users who are viewing this thread