Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 15 Ch. 61 - A gift from the Queen

Dex-chan lover
FInally we get to this. It won't be relevant for a few volumes, but it's easy to read into.

Dex-chan lover
I love the duality of Francesco. Lazy af and only wants to research magic tools + ambitious enough to turn the world on it's head for probably the same reason.
Yeahh 100%
I get the feeling francesco wants to make that so everyone can use magic one day or something like that, doubt he wants to conquer the world he's far too into research for that I think

Dex-chan lover
Wait a minute, wouldn't the bestowal magic tool more likely kill the Sharowa Royal Family than allow them to conquer the world?
Funny you say that, that logic is probably exactly why their family forbids making a tool like that.

Another way to view it is what happens if one country has a monopoly on factories. Sure, they can give their factories to others but they’ll need to be maintained (or intentionally made to require maintenance). And now you can’t go against the factory country cause your country will be annihilated by your enemies if they’re friends with the factory country. And thus, everyone is now friends with the factory country, but not really because they have complete control over everything such as market price and they don’t need to be friends with you while you have to be friends with them so you’ll do anything to suck up to them.

Dex-chan lover
‌‌ >dilute the value of bestowal magic by turning it into a commodity
‌‌ >the technical ability to produce the bestowal tools becomes critical
‌‌ >unstoppable once it is shown to work
clever girl
Treaty regarding MC's kids and the twin kingdom would be kinda pointless, too, if I an inferring the right points.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this Manga feels so big brained.
Legit have to resort to the comments to understand the real implications of what is being said or done.
Is there a way to practice how to think more political or something?

Double-page supporter
Page 13: using "his majesty" for Benedicto got me confused for a bit, since that's usually reserved for the king/queen.

I think something different ("his holiness"?) would be better for the Pope.

Dex-chan lover
Page 13: using "his majesty" for Benedicto got me confused for a bit, since that's usually reserved for the king/queen.

I think something different ("his holiness"?) would be better for the Pope.
I think he is a king, isn’t he? They described the twin kingdom as 2 family of equal power. I think they just look like the christian religion, Pope implies religious content which I don’t think is the case.

Dex-chan lover
I really miss the time when he just got to hangout at the palace with his wife and son. I hope this convoluted business gets finished soon.

The Sharowa Royal Family have a Monopoly on Bestowal Magic, if the prince is trying to make a magic tool that creates magic tools:

A) He wants to create this magic tool to free himself from the sharowa royal family (from being used as a reason)
B) He either wants to make the sharowa royal family monopoly of magic tool stronger (World Domination)
C) He maybe plans to give this tool to the capua kingdom and making the monopoly of magic tool be obsolete :unsure:

Dex-chan lover
I guess I'll wait a bit to see the bigger picture. As novel it's probably fine because the answer is in the next page, but having information dripped every month in manga messes with my understanding of the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Francesco is...Interesting, aiming for Interesting Times...
I very much think he's lying about those 10 years though.. Even money he's already figured out how to do it, but is looking for an opportunity to be Safely Away from his (extended) family, to be able to avoid... "tragic accidents"...

I don't think he's looking for "world domination", but is rather a very strongly opinonated/idealistic Nerd/researcher with a Life Goal.
Those can be quite dangerous, because they tend to never, ever, have the Law of Unintended Consequences interfere with their Vision of the Future.
And depending on how the device works, there may well be many Unintended Consequences...

Won't stop him from trying to build one though... One way or the other..

Users who are viewing this thread