Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Maybe she wants him to atone for his sins by making her happy instead of the "easy way out"

Contributor
I don't think most war veterans are crawling on kitchen floors shouting "please kill me!" while some little girl tries to slice an apple lmao

A little girl being adopted by the family of the man that killed her father so she can be that man's replacement sister is absolute tele novela tier melodrama.

I understand that this is all very dark and it's taking itself very seriously but it's also very silly and I'm too old and jaded to fall for it.
I saw a lot of people with ptsd beg to be killed , but it was towards law enforcement. As in this case, the dude has psychotic episodes so seeing a girl he thinks is related to the man he killed wielding a knife may lead to him assumin she's out to get his family ( he assumed she would try to kill the mother too i think, the guy has paranoia :x), i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to be honest. As for the girl, i can only assume the mother knows and adopted her out of remorse? i dunno, anyway you do you chief, if you don't like this just stop reading i suppose,it's free anyway

Dex-chan lover
What a hard chapter. Kazuma really feels so guilty for having made his family suffer so much from his actions. And he still has thoughts about the repercussions from his actions? Will he ever recover? He doesn't think so. That's why he has to die.

Clearly though his mother doesn't want that. She wants to have a new family along with Shiika and Kazuma. Is Shiika a replacement for Yuri? Perhaps, but is there something wrong with that?

Shiika sees how mentally damaged Kazuma is, and refuses to let him go. I don't know if she really thinks Kazuma has changed, but she's not willing to let him go. She's ok with her new family situation.

Dex-chan lover
I am really liking this series but damn is this series hard to read (in a good way)

Group Leader
Not really my cup of tea, but it's interesting. And sad too. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
You can read the testimony's of people who've killed somebody in self-defense and they almost never give a fuck.
He didn't kill anybody in defense of anyone, let alone himself-- he murdered a man that raped his sister (an act that contributed to her suicide) in a fit of rage.

Just japan things. Even if he brought justice upon a scum,
This isn't a "Japan thing"-- he didn't bring "justice". He committed premeditated murder instead of even trying to get the rapist put behind bars/executed by the state through the established legal channels. He did it in front of her daughter and left her an orphan. He did it partly out of the tremendous guilt he had for not being able to prevent her sister from being raped, or at least from killing herself.

It's not that I'm not profoundly sympathetic to what he did, and I find it difficult to feel as if he did anything wrong, but he still clearly did something wrong and I'm suspecting that most of the people in these threads that keep going "Japan is like this" and "Japan is like that" don't even fully understand what the protagonist did or is feeling, let alone how Japanese culture works.

I don't even think many of them have a coherent conception of violent crime or humanity. If we're suggesting that rapists should be made outlaws, why does that not at all apply to other violent felons, like murderers? Why are rapists "not human", as if human beings aren't capable of depravities sometimes worse than what happens among animals?

relying on therapy for all your life's problems isnt the answers like you Muricans think it is.
That's an exaggeration, but perhaps not by much. It might be an especially American-style conception, but I don't think it's one that comes out of experience as much as it does from social dogmatic phrases. As in, many (not all) of the people prescribing "therapy" don't have a serious or rounded experience with it.

In this scenario, for instance: what about the protagonist's circumstance is going to be fixed by a shrink? He's guilty about not being able to save his sister-- what can a therapist say to that that his mother or another sympathetic individual can't? What if the therapist reinforces that guilt instead of absolving him of it? He already believes in his guilt, so it's not as if he would be shopping around for a therapist to tell him he did nothing wrong.

It's just poor writing. The author is creating drama where normally there would never be any by making the MC act in dumb unrealistic ways and people in this thread have deluded themselves into thinking this is a realistic portrayal of this sort of situation.
There are 8 billion humans on the planet-- surely there are more than a few people that would think like the protagonist.

Not only that, but the idea of "realism" is a false idol. Nobody needs for realism to be represented in a fictional work: they want something that engages them. Part of that engagement comes from an internal consistency in the story and characters-- and so far, the protagonist has been very consistent in that regard. The way he thinks has been clearly explained.

Last edited:
if that's what the MC wanted why didn't she let him ? why should he bear the sadness and the sorrow of being a "weight" to his family

Dex-chan lover
Part of me is wondering if her father abused her as well and hated her father for what he did to her and other kids and almost welcomed seeing someone kill him.

That's basically the only way right now I can make sense of her being so concerned for her father's killer. Maybe, in some way, she sees him as saving her from that man that did those things to her.

Group Leader
This author has a weird perception of the world or gives the charcter it. I'm sure everyone would sympathize with him and only the trolls online pr religous nuts would ever demonize him. Maybe japan is just weird, the alternative is the girl has a rapist for a father in jail and is bullied about it, don't see the diff except the father being alive the brother would probably still be depressed as well as the mother.

ivv

Dex-chan lover
I wish he could imagine how devastated his mother would be if he left...
She doesn't deserve any of this.
My throat hurts in stopping my self from crying

Dex-chan lover
He didn't kill anybody in defense of anyone, let alone himself-- he murdered a man that raped his sister (an act that contributed to her suicide) in a fit of rage.
Who asked?
I don't even think many of them have a coherent conception of violent crime or humanity. If we're suggesting that rapists should be made outlaws, why does that not at all apply to other violent felons, like murderers? Why are rapists "not human", as if human beings aren't capable of depravities sometimes worse than what happens among animals?
Also what is this pseudo-intellectual redditor rant? The reason rapists are sometimes more stigmatized than murderers is because there's no justifiable reason to rape someone, but there are plenty of justifiable reasons to kill somebody.

Aggregator gang
Seems like she's trying to reach her own atonement by filling in the void left by Yuri. Seems to have worked for the mom, probably won't work as well for the MC.

Not that she has anything to atone for, but whatever helps her sleep at night I guess.

Dex-chan lover
More than anything I feel for the mom, seeing the your child in such a broken state must be really hard, I really-really do hope the best for them

Group Leader
The typesetting for this manga is 10/10, I have doubts whether the scanlation quality would be as great if someone else took over.

Excellent work!

Users who are viewing this thread