Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~

it's pretty good. the only thing that bothers me is that the MC doesn't even try to get a better physical status event though it always drags him down.

Would you rather:
1. Stubbornly abide by your old world's principle that marrying your sister is unacceptable, run away and abandon your new community that loves you solely because you refuse to break that arbitrary principle, only to start the bog-standard isekai magic adventures that has been done a million times before?
Or...
2. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Accept that in this new realm this is what is expected of you. Do your best to not disappoint the people who care for you while still holding on to what you believe in. Learn to cope with a sister-wife of yandere potential, a development much more rarely encountered.

The MC chose the former. He was given something worth more than being overpowered, a family, and he decided that it's something to be thrown away. He had an opportunity for a more atypical isekai story but decided it's not for him and instead switched to the usual track. That's what I think annoyed me and other people about it.

Double-page supporter
so you don't fk your own family because.... it is not a social normal?
and not because of the many modern studies of the negative effects of incest to the next generation?
any modern man would probably base every bit of their decision on their learned scientific knowledge when thrown in this situation.
I'd run away too if a mutant baby with no nose is the price for some sort of feeling of belonging lol

Dex-chan lover
"Learn to cope with a sister-wife of yandere potential, a development much more rarely encountered."

Just lol
Any scenario in which I'm being forced to marry my sister and I'm out of this degenerate madhouse faster than MC

And had he been transported to a world where it's customary to screw 5yo kids, should he have just done it too then?
I mean it'd be rude not to right?

It became a shit manga after the "marrying sister" arc, huh? Sigh, such a waste of potential.

Double-page supporter
@Otaku_Gandulf I mean if you, as a learned modern man, would decide.
if you knew better would you really be partaking in "the local customs"? ***key and peele british accent

Aggregator gang
excuse me? incest tag?
I was planning on reading this, but I was taken aback.

@jazz9 If you are in a group where everyone else is hunting animals for sport, it would be rude of them to force you to kill, after all it's your choice.
But the MC's family never really asked anything else of him until the arranged marriage. He is indebted to them for living up to that point. And as everyone here knows, it's not the "marrying your sister" that is the problem, but the genetic defects that may occur in the offspring. Thus, he should have simply made the condition to his sister to never have children together.
Wikipedia says:
"Children of parent-child or sibling-sibling unions are at increased risk compared to cousin-cousin unions. Studies suggest that 20-36% of these children will die or have major disability due to the inbreeding. A study of 29 offspring resulting from brother-sister or father-daughter incest found that 20 had congenital abnormalities, including four directly attributable to autosomal recessive alleles."
But as other people have suggested, disability due to inbreeding might not even be a thing in their world. If he had made a study to estimate the risk of congenital abnormalities in sibling-sibling unions in his village's population he may have found that it's much lower. But no, the only thing he is able to care about researching is magic because... plot reasons.
Anyway, this is getting far too big brain to ask for from a manga such as this, so it's best to just drop the subject.

@greyhud90 both of his parents are siblings and both children are fine, so i think figuring the world has different rules would be a safe guess.
pretty easy drop for me, though i am curious what @hello_world_programming had said / spoiled that got so many people to drop it.

Iteresting manga until the turnpoint at cap 6, after that its just another shitty isekai

Users who are viewing this thread