Sankakkei no Kowashi-kata - Vol. 4 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
I would argue that we're seeing a more proactive Erika, she is not really helping Aya and Koto here, but rather she is sabotaging their relationship. Instead of encouraging them to communicate, Erika is planting doubts in Aya's mind and keeping Koto in the dark about Aya's whereabouts. Given their history, it's understandable why Koto would be worried about Aya disappearing. Additionally, we gain insight into the conversation Erika has been hiding from everyone. Not saying that Erika is some sort of monster, but she is clearly not helping here.

I think this chapter further shows that Aya truly loves Koto, and that they need time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
hmmm tricky tricky. sadly both Erika and Koto are adults while Aya is still a teen. Both should act their age when dealing with Aya. Sadly both are being immature. Aya has to think like a grown-up to deal with them. Such a tragic triangle

Fed-Kun's army
hmmmmm we made progress although I feel like it's still going to be tricky figuring out what Aya and Koto should do.

Double-page supporter
At this moment of the series, I still don't see the MCs as love triangle. Koto loves Aya, Aya loves Koto, and Erika loves Koto. So it's currently just Koto-Aya love relationship with Erika watching them.
Erika is good and the most reasonable one here, but hopefully she can get over and find herself another love or target in life, since 7 years have passed and all Koto's feelings are towards Aya.
For Koto and Aya, their relationship is vulnerable, but they surely love each other (even when maybe they are too invested in the ideal image of each other, but I can feel that they truly love each other). So I hope that they can figure it out and be happy together.

Dex-chan lover
This kind of pressure should not be being pushed on Aya. The girl is seventeen or whatever, she’s still a kid. She can be forgiven for trying to cling to the past relationship like nothing major changed because, for her, time didn’t pass. It’s these other two adults that are the problem.

Erika continues to do the correct thing for selfish and hurtful reasons. Hopefully Aya’s running off spurs Koto to improving herself and to stop being a controlling and possessive person, though I doubt that.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting to see where this goes, I feel really bad for Aya. Maybe I'm misinterpreting that wink early in the chapter but it was Aya's, not Erika's choice to not tell Koto? Erika wants them to break up for selfish reasons, but can she really sabotage Koto/Aya's relationship when it is barely even a relationship? Both of them are holding on to an idealized version of the person they're dating that no longer exists or didn't exist in the first place. Given Koto's disturbing behavior last chapter, the advice Erika and Ushio gave Aya was good advice. Even if the way Erika goes about is slightly cold and cruel, what is the alternative? Allow the situation to further escalate into something more dangerous? She's tried to reach Koto for years and failed so I understand her behavior here, as messy as her motivations are.

I also think it's interesting that Ushio's advice "to look properly at your partner" also applies to Erika's love for Koto, even if she is deeply in denial about it at the moment.

I'm wondering if this is all leading up to a Koto disappearance and a 2nd time jump.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I feel like Erika did the right thing not telling Koto. That's maybe not the best environment for Aya atm. The two need time and space to sort out their feelings, and just throwing her back there would just restart the cycle.

Now, what I'm curious about is the deja vu. That, plus the "script" scene earlier, definitely something else going on here. Timeline shenanigans, that Erika and/or Koto know more of then letting on.

Supporter
Deja vu, huh? Interesting.

Erika continues to treat Aya well while not necessarily having the best intentions towards her. Aya's in a good environment with Erika where she can pursue her interests, learn, and grow. Unlike the potentially suffocating and controlling environment that Koto provides.

I'll continue to ship Koto x therapy but I know it won't happen.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Erika did the right thing not telling Koto. That's maybe not the best environment for Aya atm. The two need time and space to sort out their feelings, and just throwing her back there would just restart the cycle.

Now, what I'm curious about is the deja vu. That, plus the "script" scene earlier, definitely something else going on here. Timeline shenanigans, that Erika and/or Koto know more of then letting on.
Yeah, there is more going on here than just who gets together with who.

They seem to be foreshadowing that Aya's current existence itself may be dependant on that script and photo.

So many questions.

Is she even the real Aya at all? Or just some form of supernatural clone created from that script.

Will her going "off-script" affect her existence? Will she disappear if something happens to the script?

Has she been repeating these events on loop cause she HAS gone off script before in alt timelines?

Double-page supporter
Something deffinetly happened 7 years ago, it wasn't just deja vu, they had this conversation before. The obvious assumption is that Erika had a hand in Aya's disapearence. Maybe it was an innocent wish or something more malicious we don't know.

Anyway Erika did the correct thing. Aya REALLY needed a space where she could be apart from Koto.

Double-page supporter
I still think Erika's motivations are messed up, and it's clear she had something to do with Aya's disappearance. The only way she did the right thing is if she told Koto that Aya is safe at her place and needs space. If she didn't... well...

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if this will lead to/end with them all going back in time again bc other than the interpersonal romance/love triangle, i'd think there'd be issues with her paper work/existing other than her straight up changing her identity and stuff and living as a 'new' person

Users who are viewing this thread