Sen no SKILL o Motsu Otoko Isekai de Shoukan Kemono Hajimemashita! - Ch. 66

Dex-chan lover
It feels like the visit to the island was supposed to last 2 or 3 chapters but the mangaka attempted to cram it all in just a single chapter. It felt so rushed that I believe it would've been better to just skip the island and have Lenara sniff cat powder on the boat.
At least we got some minor world-building (information about catfolk, human-eating tigerfolk) in this chapter so it wasn't completely pointless.

Group Leader
Dex-chan lover
While interesting, it kinda feels like nothing of substance, much like most of the chapters in this arc. It just feels like it’s going nowhere while moving forward. “Look the MC has skills that I couldn’t find a use for in the past so I’m just gonna make chapters that equate to nothing so I can show off how powerful the MC is.” Is the feeling I’m getting from the arc.

Idk it just feels like the story is stagnating hard and is trying its damnedest to keep moving despite being stuck narratively. I did want to say it might be because of short chapters, but with the chapters being 25-30 pages long that can’t be the case. Perhaps I feel the chapters being short because nothing of substance is being written?

I think the main way to fix this is to focus less on the MC and his skills and more on the story of his friends/love interest trying to find him or if they really wanted to just put the focus on the MC they should do it in a way that doesn’t make each chapter be about a random skill of his. While I understand that this chapter had said skill come in at the final 2 pages, but I do believe my point still stands.

While these are my personal thoughts on the manga and others may have different opinions than I, however I don’t think that means I shouldn’t share my thoughts.

Contributor
Despite him gaining something in the process of this filler-like chapter, this isn't progress at all; he's just regaining things he already had before, giving the illusion of progress. Just more delaying tactics, I don't suppose we're finally meeting this Indian hero next chapter, are we? Or perhaps getting Clara to somehow catch up with Kouta, but we can't have the female lead having a proper role in helping to save her man now, can we?

Dex-chan lover
Idk it just feels like the story is stagnating hard and is trying its damnedest to keep moving despite being stuck narratively. I did want to say it might be because of short chapters, but with the chapters being 25-30 pages long that can’t be the case. Perhaps I feel the chapters being short because nothing of substance is being written?
pretty sure this. it feels like it drags on because too many pages, yet it also feels short because it nothing happens but some filler, and even that filler feels a bit rushed.

Despite him gaining something in the process of this filler-like chapter, this isn't progress at all; he's just regaining things he already had before, giving the illusion of progress. Just more delaying tactics
to make things worse, it is not even an interesting use, like using the summon to fight the tigerpeople. just a free horse/cow

Dex-chan lover
ah yes another stupid filler and we're still 200km from the goal wonder how many filler chapter to fill that range
This absolute afterbirth of an amnesia arc has now been going for 20 chapters.

That's fucking third of the entire manga. Why!?

Bro even I'm about to get amnesia due to how long this shitty arc has gone on for. Wrap it up already for fuck sake.

Users who are viewing this thread