Sen no Sukiru o Motsu Otoko - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a business expert but only 125% profit? for merchandises that cannot be reproduced anywhere and could draw huge demand? bet that noble dude gonna swim in riches with 1000% profit margin by reselling them

Dex-chan lover
is there a typo?
i can't see those stuff went up to 100k yen( about 900 usd)
maybe 10.000 yen?

Page 19 "Your movement's much more improved now." It's so bad, you don't need half of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Dezaki generally businesses make 30% profit normally. 125% is crazy good, but they def could have at least asked for 600% profit and still be super generous for the merchant. Normally any merchant would be wary af if they were getting something of heard of quality so cheap. But this is the trashisekai genre.

Contributor
Isekai aside, I kinda like the slow burn thing they got going on.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure their "exquisite" tea set for 200k yen would be considered trash there 🤣
they don't even try to think, this level of obliviousness is not funny anymore

@Dezaki
1000% is in the worst case, more likely he'd just auction stuff as unique for millions (it's true worth as for incomparable quality and offer on local market)

In the novel, the values were much different. They spent 22458 yen on the items and sold it for equivalent 1019000 yen. Which is 45 times in value, maybe they changed it for the manga. The chapter where I've found this is on 28.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm still lost on the whole point of his wife.
Feels like the author threw her in just to spite probably his real life wife if he has one.

Trying to sell kitchen knife to noble. Why noble would even need kitchen knife? It's servants who use them.

Dex-chan lover
@aigomorla The point? Its his backstory, all it needs to do is show us who he is and what his life has been like. We get some emotional state stuff from it and she may well come back into relevance later.

I am not sure what you mean by "the whole point of his wife".

Fed-Kun's army
@Merilirem
Basically it means he gives himself his own justification to cheat on her with the woman from the other world.
Why not just skip the entire wife story entirely, and just be single, hence no guilt from cheating, as there is no cheating to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
I think their target was wrong. They should not try to get 'better quality' products such as knives, rather stuff that cant be made, are way more rare or just doesnt exists yet. Imagine selling shampoo and hair conditioner to a noble's family, so their hair would be clean, shiny and smelling better than flowers? You would profit so much off of that, and there would be less risk of them trying to re-sell this stuff (they would want to keep it to themselves), so the price upfront would be higher. Heck, you could probably buy a city if you were to supply this kind of thing to the higher nobles and king.

Or clothes even, doesnt even needs to be expensive ones, just pretty and decent quality clothing would sell for a lot. 100% cotton underwear? Geez, that would be so good.

Users who are viewing this thread