Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 14 Ch. 70 - Tradition.

Power Uploader
No the part of the problem is you. This person isn't MTL first off, they're doing it naturally, they're just not a native speaker. It's people like you that make outsiders think our community is full of toxic elitist and makes people stay away.

You say zero effort but then what the hell was that in your last post? You said you posted when you were getting started and got tore into. Was that zero effort? There is a clear improvement in quality between last chapter and this one they're getting better. But how are they gonna get better if they stop?

And respect the manga? Oh that is laughable. We're fucking pirating this shit. If you get down to it we're all disrespecting the manga unless we have express permission from the owner to translate.

And are you stupid they're going for their N2 Japanese proficiency, plenty of groups would want someone at that level. But things take time, just like you took time to learn. You didn't come out perfect right from the gate. The only difference between you at the start and this guy is that they are working with TWO languages they aren't native in, and they don't have a proof reader to go over their things before they post.

You can't even say anything that is factual, it's just nothing but baseless hate. You're entirely blinded by some stupid superiority complex and your insecurities that you can't even speak truths. Your entire argument is based on you AASSSUMING you know anything more about this person than has been reveled. But you're just plain wrong. Like for one it's pretty freakin' obvious this isn't MTL, because the mistakes are simply grammar mistakes, we're not looking at context issues or anything like that. Also the drastic improvement in quality suggest it's not MTL as well. You'd know that if you bothered to actually look into what you're complaining about before you bitched.

And I think Mangadex as a website would prefer to be known as warm and inviting to people trying to get into the community, rather than as a cold place full of elitist who will tear you apart because you don't instantly meet their quality standards.

There are tons of guides over the internet and even a discord server named "THE SCANLATION SCHOOL" where helpful people will help you avoid mistakes and even with the translation if you have doubts. Even a channel to submit your typesetting and get advice. You can find all of these with a quick google search. But this guy here thought he was better than that. Between the two chapters, he what? Changed font? Oooh...

And why not try to translate for people who speak his own native language? I'd hope he's better at it than English? Just the fact he chose to translate in English a popular manga goes to show he just wants a larger audience, not help anyone.

Group Leader
I don't see anyone pointing the guy towards a guide to get better. You say I'm not willing to defend people who put in effort. But I've don't that plenty times over the years. Defended a lot of translation groups on both sides. Here's where your argument falls apart.

This translator is just getting started, has none of these guides or anything, and rather than giving them the chance to improve, people are blasting them. It doesn't matter if you think they didn't put in effort, you have no idea what they're going through or what effort they have put in. Maybe they just didn't know there were guides to get. They changed the font at people's request, something totally minor and inconsequential and 100% subjective. And their quality of translation has improved. So how is that showing no concern for the reader? Two releases 10 days apart, and there is improvement between those releases. How long would it take the scanlators in your group to completely change their entire way of doing things on their own from ''wrong' to 'right' without any help in doing so?

And yeah this isn't perfect on word choice but it's doing pretty good so far and getting better, that improved too. You want to talk about the author's intent. What do you think the author would appreciate more? Someone enjoying their work and using it as a way to improve themselves, or for their work to become a bad memory for that person because they were viciously mocked and bullied over the work?

Why don't you as a group leader offer them some guidance without insults or some guides. Instead of deciding their fate, actually take your position of knowledge, and offer some help? Cause if you yourself aren't going to offer it, don't make your judgement of their character on the assumption that help was ever offered to them.

I think that it's pretty easy to google guides on scanlation and it's what I did before I started scanlation, I was able to produce something far better than what OP produced for my first release, and that was like 10 years ago or something at this point, with far less resources available to me. With respect to translations, you either know both languages or you don't, you'd have to go through the raw and the english and point out both how OP has mistranslated, and how what they said isn't actually what people say in English, and then go on to show how they haven't properly represented the actual original language. The people that are willing to do that are people in your group because they have decided to take you on despite your shortcomings, OP has released with the hubris that he doesn't need to go through a group and is willing to release in broken English, which is not acceptable.

We're not talking, "not perfect on word choice", we're talking absolute shit. Half of the sentences are not coherent. much of the language used doesn't make sense for the context, and OP is just literally using the wrong words, he doesn't have the vocabulary or the understanding of English and should not be attempting translation in a public manner until he gets far better.

I really don't think that authors are going around going "well sure they butchered my work and don't even know the target language that they are translating into, but I'm glad that they are enjoying themselves" LOL.

The judgement on their character on my part was that they did not do basic research before starting on their endeavor. If they had applied to a scanlation group they would not have been accepted because they do not have a good enough understanding of the English language, they have not attempted to learn the basics of typesetting and they have not released something that is even tolerable. They should not be scanlating with their current ability - read a few guides, ask people for feedback, read a few more books in english, have a complete do-over of their previous chapters, ask people for more feedback, and then they might be in a place to continue. As things are now, they are just being disrespectful.

Dex-chan lover
There are tons of guides over the internet and even a discord server named "THE SCANLATION SCHOOL" where helpful people will help you avoid mistakes and even with the translation if you have doubts. Even a channel to submit your typesetting and get advice. You can find all of these with a quick google search. But this guy here thought he was better than that. Between the two chapters, he what? Changed font? Oooh...

And why not try to translate for people who speak his own native language? I'd hope he's better at it than English? Just the fact he chose to translate in English a popular manga goes to show he just wants a larger audience, not help anyone.
I think that it's pretty easy to google guides on scanlation and it's what I did before I started scanlation, I was able to produce something far better than what OP produced for my first release, and that was like 10 years ago or something at this point, with far less resources available to me. With respect to translations, you either know both languages or you don't, you'd have to go through the raw and the english and point out both how OP has mistranslated, and how what they said isn't actually what people say in English, and then go on to show how they haven't properly represented the actual original language. The people that are willing to do that are people in your group because they have decided to take you on despite your shortcomings, OP has released with the hubris that he doesn't need to go through a group and is willing to release in broken English, which is not acceptable.

We're not talking, "not perfect on word choice", we're talking absolute shit. Half of the sentences are not coherent. much of the language used doesn't make sense for the context, and OP is just literally using the wrong words, he doesn't have the vocabulary or the understanding of English and should not be attempting translation in a public manner until he gets far better.

I really don't think that authors are going around going "well sure they butchered my work and don't even know the target language that they are translating into, but I'm glad that they are enjoying themselves" LOL.

The judgement on their character on my part was that they did not do basic research before starting on their endeavor. If they had applied to a scanlation group they would not have been accepted because they do not have a good enough understanding of the English language, they have not attempted to learn the basics of typesetting and they have not released something that is even tolerable. They should not be scanlating with their current ability - read a few guides, ask people for feedback, read a few more books in english, have a complete do-over of their previous chapters, ask people for more feedback, and then they might be in a place to continue. As things are now, they are just being disrespectful.
It doesn't matter how many guides there are of you don't know such a thing exist publicly. Why again did you guys not point him that way instead of complaining? Remember their native language is not English, so it's not likley they're searching for and looking for things in English.

And he might not be translating for his native language because maybe there isn't a huge community to give feed back for. I don't know? You'd have to ask them instead of being a total asshole. That's how you find out about people.

As for What Bentoki said

Again, you are suggesting help that you straight up say 'That's what your group does" but they don't have a group. Why don't you offer to help, and if you're not willing point them in a direction they can instead of bitching.

Also "Half the sentences are not coherent'" is just plain wrong. The first one was worse but this chapter is way better it's easy to understand what is trying to be conveyed, they just have mistakes in grammar and such.

And I didn't say the author is saying that I said they'd RATHER have that than someone being mocked and bullied for trying.

And let's think about what you just said. You're saying "They didn't do enough research" but then you said if they applied for a group they'd' be rejected for not knowing enough English. That would mean That if they wanted to meet up to your standards you're giving for them to post, they have to wait to finish their N2, and then get better at English before they even post stuff. That could easily be a year, what if in a year something happens and they never get the chance to post. They would've never got to try out scanlating because they got gate kept. That's like saying "You shouldn't try to play a sport until you're at least competent enough to play at a high school level" This is a recreational hobby. People should be free to try it out whenever they want without being told they are disrespecting people by doing so.

And maybe they would ask for more feed back if they didn't get such a hostile response. They were in this forum earlier looking at it, I saw them actually on the list. But do you think with all the insults being thrown around they want to post "Hey what can I do?" There are people here like Kirin baselessly attacking their character and lying about them. Would you want to make yourself vulnerable in such a place and ask for help? Especially when it's all in a language that isn't your native tongue?

Dex-chan lover
He wouldn't get "mocked and bullied" if he did things differently. For instance picking up a series that currently lacks translators or doing things like filling gaps in series or even translating existing chapters of a really poorly translated /MT series. Or for instance taking a series that has English translations but lacks his native tongue chapters (or the reverse when applicable) which would allow him to not only practice both languages but also check his work against the completed chapters. All of those are arguably better ways to practice too so that excuse is out the window. These are very obvious ways you could contribute in a much more productive way and it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to think of them. There are tons of groups, guides and discords he could join too if he just wanted to practice. Simply put it's not gate keeping to tell someone that premier league isn't the place to practice.

The reality is that while it's technically true that no one gets hurt by someone sniping a series like this, after all you can just close your eyes and moonwalk away from your computer, but the reality is that the benefits are few and the downsides are many. There is for instance a non zero chance that when faced with the scenario where your quality process takes time and someone throws together slop faster than you the quality group can get discouraged and simply move to something else. Or the quality group might skip out on their quality and prioritize speed over accuracy and getting the intended meaning across. You are needlessly doing double work on a series and encouraging a race to the bottom when you could be doing unique translations in a series that clearly needs them more in a manner that matches your skill level. When you post something of low quality faster than an active group that is releasing high quality translations on a steady schedule you absolutely deserve a hostile reaction, he only has himself to blame for that, it's not like anyone forced him to do this.

Power Uploader
It doesn't matter how many guides there are of you don't know such a thing exist publicly. Why again did you guys not point him that way instead of complaining? Remember their native language is not English, so it's not likley they're searching for and looking for things in English.

And he might not be translating for his native language because maybe there isn't a huge community to give feed back for. I don't know? You'd have to ask them instead of being a total asshole. That's how you find out about people.

As for What Bentoki said

Again, you are suggesting help that you straight up say 'That's what your group does" but they don't have a group. Why don't you offer to help, and if you're not willing point them in a direction they can instead of bitching.

Also "Half the sentences are not coherent'" is just plain wrong. The first one was worse but this chapter is way better it's easy to understand what is trying to be conveyed, they just have mistakes in grammar and such.

And I didn't say the author is saying that I said they'd RATHER have that than someone being mocked and bullied for trying.

And let's think about what you just said. You're saying "They didn't do enough research" but then you said if they applied for a group they'd' be rejected for not knowing enough English. That would mean That if they wanted to meet up to your standards you're giving for them to post, they have to wait to finish their N2, and then get better at English before they even post stuff. That could easily be a year, what if in a year something happens and they never get the chance to post. They would've never got to try out scanlating because they got gate kept. That's like saying "You shouldn't try to play a sport until you're at least competent enough to play at a high school level" This is a recreational hobby. People should be free to try it out whenever they want without being told they are disrespecting people by doing so.

And maybe they would ask for more feed back if they didn't get such a hostile response. They were in this forum earlier looking at it, I saw them actually on the list. But do you think with all the insults being thrown around they want to post "Hey what can I do?" There are people here like Kirin baselessly attacking their character and lying about them. Would you want to make yourself vulnerable in such a place and ask for help? Especially when it's all in a language that isn't your native tongue?

All I see here is you making up stupid excuses.

Are you even reading what you write? "their native language is not English, so it's not likley they're searching for and looking for things in English". Stupidest excuse ever. WHY EVEN TRANSLATE IN ENGLISH THEN?

Just because I took Spanish in school and know a bit doesn't mean I'm going to start translating in Spanish. I'm not that conceited.

He can translate and do scanlation if he wants, and eventually improve, but not try immediately with the popular stuff that other people are doing right. There are TONS of oneshots out there, or even twitter or pixiv comics they could translate to train themselves. But nooo, they have to go for the big thing and ruin an otherwise good manga because it's more fun.

I have ZERO respect for that guy. And ZERO respect for you. Because you don't respect manga and you don't respect the hard work of actual translators who actually know more than one language.

And ZERO respect for the guys sucking on his dick and praising his "good quality translation".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
More scumsucking mtl trolls to block:
Tnx for translating this chapter
Thanks for the good quality translation
Based. Undeterred by the Redditors screeching.
Thank you for the translation! :salute:
Thank you for the translation ^^
Massive improvement, it was a seamless translation.
You can also ignore all of the "feedback" and continue posting, which would be hilarious if nothing else.
I will never understand. Why are people people in here complaining and telling the translator to stop. Let them do it, you don't have to read it. But yet when we complain about translators catching up or being slow we get a "Don't complain you don't pay them" or some nonsense like that. Well you guys aren't paying this guy so sit down and shut up.

If you've got constructive criticism than fine give it, but don't discourage someone from doing something they chose to do. You have the option to sit down and wait for Yado, so you don't need to be here saying anything.
exactly. If the other group didn't want to be sniped, they shouldn't have dropped the series. It's one thing to be one chapter behind schedule. But this series is waaaay behind the raws. And this is a monthly manga, if I remember it correctly.
And for this idiot who thinks the more they post the more correct they'll be...
It's not likely they're looking for any help at all, if they're dumping this shit here.
How and why is that an excuse? Oh right, because a small community of readers means less ko-fi donations.
As for What Bentoki said

Why would anybody want a talentless lazy sniper fuck like this in their group?
In other words, it's not coherent. If it isn't even done in English correctly, who know how many mistakes they've made in context of the original text.

Nobody is "gatekeeping" anything you moron. Being told to do a better job and not snipe, refusing to do so, and getting told to fuck off isn't gatekeeping. If you want respect, you earn it.
They're in the forum for the same reason all the other losers and yourself are in this post: to get a kick out of the response to their worthless troll translations.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I have experience reading HxH with how many walls of text there are here
I'm glad I learned to read in elementary school. Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Plus when you can read you can see this translation is dogshi- oooooh that's why people don't understand why it's bad, they're borderline illiterate! Explains why they have to be trolls, they're malding over good translation having big words that scare them!

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I learned to read in elementary school. Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Plus when you can read you can see this translation is dogshi- oooooh that's why people don't understand why it's bad, they're borderline illiterate! Explains why they have to be trolls, they're malding over good translation having big words that scare them!
This braindead moron attacking people because they don't wanna read his shitty wall of text on a manga forum's discussion page lol.

Feel free to keep replying to me, cunt, I'm going to ignore you and keep reading this guy's shitty translation just to spite dumbass like you.

Actual no-life turd calling everyone a "troll" because they don't agree with his opinion.

Dex-chan lover
All I see here is you making up stupid excuses.

Are you even reading what you write? "their native language is not English, so it's not likley they're searching for and looking for things in English". Stupidest excuse ever. WHY EVEN TRANSLATE IN ENGLISH THEN?

Just because I took Spanish in school and know a bit doesn't mean I'm going to start translating in Spanish. I'm not that conceited.

He can translate and do scanlation if he wants, and eventually improve, but not try immediately with the popular stuff that other people are doing right. There are TONS of oneshots out there, or even twitter or pixiv comics they could translate to train themselves. But nooo, they have to go for the big thing and ruin an otherwise good manga because it's more fun.

I have ZERO respect for that guy. And ZERO respect for you. Because you don't respect manga and you don't respect the hard work of actual translators who actually know more than one language.

And ZERO respect for the guys sucking on his dick and praising his "good quality translation".
Wow you're dumb. I mean they are not searching in English for tools to use to improve translation. They are probably googling in their native language.

Now you want to talk about excuses? Let's take a look at you. You've decided to harass someone. And make accusations and assumptions of their character based on what? On the quality of their translation. And what evidence do you have? You have nothing, you're assuming everything but you're using those assumptions as an excuse to attack someone's character.

The only one here without respect is you. And I don't want respect from you, because that would mean that I'm a trash human being. Respect for manga? You mean for a media that is supposed to entertain people and most people write the stories for people to enjoy? How DARE you talk about respecting Manga when you're using it as an opportunity to put people down. At least other people are focusing on insulting the work. But you are using it as an opportunity to attack someone's character. You should be ashamed to even think about talking about respect. And I do respect translator work and the effort it takes as someone who is trying to learn another language and who also has a background in Computer graphics as well as writing, I understand how hard it is. What I have no respect for are Elitist who make up nonexistant 'rules' and use them as weapons to gate keep and insult people for their own pleasure so that they can make themselves feel superior.

You talk all this shit about stuff, but why the hell are you even here? You're afraid your translation group will stop because of the low quality? Don't give me that shit. If you're such a great translator, pick it up yourself afterward. If you don't like the translation don't waste your time being here. Want to say he could translate a smaller series? Well you could just not read it. Grow the fuck up and get the fuck out dude.

Dex-chan lover
Never-Give-Up.png

This upload is much better than the last one, would you consider revisiting ch.69 to do it (and yourself) justice?

And gotta commend you for not getting discouraged despite being showered with criticism, creative or not.

Maybe someone could typeset for him.

Group Leader
It's not my responsibility to provide them play by plays on how shit their translation is, why don't you help them?

It kinda feels like you just don't know what you're talking about, these aren't grammatical issues, the sentences don't make sense.
The person who is stealing their work and shitting all over it? Yeah they are probably not big fans of them and I wouldn't be surprised if they prefer that they are bullied for it.

It's absolutely fine if they have to wait till they are good enough at the language they are translating into before they start translating into it LOL, if that means that they don't get to do it, that's absolutely fine. Instead of your horrible analogy, what if OP wanted to be a doctor, just started up their own clinic, and a bunch of people died because they don't know what they are doing, so people tell them to stop trying to be a doctor, and you're all in here like

"what, so you're saying they should wait to get their doctor's training before they start being a doctor? They are improving on the job. If they have to go through their doctors training, they might never actually be a doctor!"

You're not a scannie, so you might just not get it, but this is just how scanlations are, we relentlessly attack each other for self improvement. If you can't take a little "uh maybe you should know english before translating into english" then it's not gonna work anyway. I honestly think that OP has such massive hubris to just translate and release this pile of slop into a language that they admittedly aren't very good at. I genuinely couldn't imagine just like being really bad at a language and just releasing a chapter to people who speak that language, like here, bitches. I know that it doesn't even make sense, but it's something, I guess.

Power Uploader
Wow you're dumb. I mean they are not searching in English for tools to use to improve translation. They are probably googling in their native language.

Now you want to talk about excuses? Let's take a look at you. You've decided to harass someone. And make accusations and assumptions of their character based on what? On the quality of their translation. And what evidence do you have? You have nothing, you're assuming everything but you're using those assumptions as an excuse to attack someone's character.

The only one here without respect is you. And I don't want respect from you, because that would mean that I'm a trash human being. Respect for manga? You mean for a media that is supposed to entertain people and most people write the stories for people to enjoy? How DARE you talk about respecting Manga when you're using it as an opportunity to put people down. At least other people are focusing on insulting the work. But you are using it as an opportunity to attack someone's character. You should be ashamed to even think about talking about respect. And I do respect translator work and the effort it takes as someone who is trying to learn another language and who also has a background in Computer graphics as well as writing, I understand how hard it is. What I have no respect for are Elitist who make up nonexistant 'rules' and use them as weapons to gate keep and insult people for their own pleasure so that they can make themselves feel superior.

You talk all this shit about stuff, but why the hell are you even here? You're afraid your translation group will stop because of the low quality? Don't give me that shit. If you're such a great translator, pick it up yourself afterward. If you don't like the translation don't waste your time being here. Want to say he could translate a smaller series? Well you could just not read it. Grow the fuck up and get the fuck out dude.

If you're going to do something in English, you google in English. It doesn't take a genius to do that. They didn't even bother.

The only one dumb here is you, because you eat shit and you boo people trying to tell you that you don't have to and can eat much better stuff, just by telling people who are shitting in your mouth to stop.

You can like shit however you want, but that doesn't mean other people have to tolerate shit on their table.

You're defending the indefensible. You're some kind of fucking sjw defending the right of Mr Shitter to shit all over the place because you don't mind personally. You think you're so woke, but you're just pathetic.

Dex-chan lover
It's not my responsibility to provide them play by plays on how shit their translation is, why don't you help them?

It kinda feels like you just don't know what you're talking about, these aren't grammatical issues, the sentences don't make sense.

The person who is stealing their work and shitting all over it? Yeah they are probably not big fans of them and I wouldn't be surprised if they prefer that they are bullied for it.

It's absolutely fine if they have to wait till they are good enough at the language they are translating into before they start translating into it LOL, if that means that they don't get to do it, that's absolutely fine. Instead of your horrible analogy, what if OP wanted to be a doctor, just started up their own clinic, and a bunch of people died because they don't know what they are doing, so people tell them to stop trying to be a doctor, and you're all in here like

"what, so you're saying they should wait to get their doctor's training before they start being a doctor? They are improving on the job. If they have to go through their doctors training, they might never actually be a doctor!"

You're not a scannie, so you might just not get it, but this is just how scanlations are, we relentlessly attack each other for self improvement. If you can't take a little "uh maybe you should know english before translating into english" then it's not gonna work anyway. I honestly think that OP has such massive hubris to just translate and release this pile of slop into a language that they admittedly aren't very good at. I genuinely couldn't imagine just like being really bad at a language and just releasing a chapter to people who speak that language, like here, bitches. I know that it doesn't even make sense, but it's something, I guess.
I don't have the time in my day to help. That's part of why I'm thankful for him doing it.

I'm looking at grammatical errors as I go through it. What are these abundant "not grammar mistakes" I see some but they aren't the majority.

Your analogy to a doctor is the one that is horrible. As I pointed out, this is a recreational activity, there are no stakes no risk. Them translating even poorly doesn't hurt people. A doctor has people's lives at stake. Or are you going to sit here and honestly say the level of risk involved in being a doctor and translating is the same? That was the dumbest analogy I've ever heard, you started this discussion with good arguments, but now you're just losing yoru senses to try and prove your flaawed point.

I do get it. Hence why I said constructive criticism fine. That's also why my responses to you and to Kirin are different in tone. I'm not telling people like you to stop, I'm telling people like you just to make sure you're actually giving meaningful feedback and not ONLY insults. That's why I said don't judge them on the possibility of them having help that you didn't offer them. And why I said why don't you point them in that direction. You're right I'm not a scannie. You are. You have a wealth of information that I don't. I'm not telling you that you have to help them, but when you don't use that experience and skill to help someone who is trying, the only thing people like me can do is leave positive remarks so they don't stop so they can be in it long enough to get better.

Also maybe the reason they are releasing this series is because they know they are bad at English. They want to practice, but maybe they don't want people to have to rely on their translation as the only one to figure out what is going on in the story. That is an equally plausible assumption to your assumption of hubris, and to Kirin's assumption of malice. But we'll never know what their motive was because instead of talking to them about it here we are trying to shape their actions into our own narrow ideals and what's convenient for us.

Dex-chan lover
If you're going to do something in English, you google in English. It doesn't take a genius to do that. They didn't even bother.

The only one dumb here is you, because you eat shit and you boo people trying to tell you that you don't have to and can eat much better stuff, just by telling people who are shitting in your mouth to stop.

You can like shit however you want, but that doesn't mean other people have to tolerate shit on their table.

You're defending the indefensible. You're some kind of fucking sjw defending the right of Mr Shitter to shit all over the place because you don't mind personally. You think you're so woke, but you're just pathetic.
Yet again here you are putting it on your table. Who really is the stupid one? If you don't like it so much but you keep coming back. Are you just a masochist?

Power Uploader
Yet again here you are putting it on your table. Who really is the stupid one? If you don't like it so much but you keep coming back. Are you just a masochist?
I'm not the one putting it on my table.

He is.

And at the same time, he's discouraging the others to put the good stuff on it.

That manga was in my reading list for a reason: I liked it. But he's trying to take away the good stuff and replace it with his garbage.

And I'm supposed to moonwalk away and forget about it?

We can continue on the food analogy if you want. Because you don't have any taste buds left doesn't mean everyone should eat garbage.

And now, for you, to not be willing to eat garbage means being an elitist.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And what I don't understand is WHY he had to choose a manga ACTIVELY done by another group (even if arguably slowly) instead of doing one of the thousand manga out there that have been actually abandoned and that people are waiting for.

He just wants visibility, so he chose a popular manga, that's all there is to it. It's just a guy putting out some trash and jerking off to the attention. He's literally ruining the scanlation of a good series because it drastically increases the chances of the other group dropping it. And we're supposed to thank him to put out some barely legible English with bad grammar and spelling because "it's better than nothing"? What will happen if that guy drops it now because he became bored, it's "too much work" or his mommy cut his internet? You'll have NOTHING.

That guy doesn't have any pride. Or if he has, it's really misplaced because his chapters are a huge pile of dung.
To be honest, even though a translation group drops their series it's their own right to do so and you can't do anything about it even if you're whining and bitching like a kid, you're being way too entitled to get free and pirated translation.

Power Uploader
To be honest, even though a translation group drops their series it's their own right to do so and you can't do anything about it even if you're whining and bitching like a kid, you're being way too entitled to get free and pirated translation.
If I really want to read a manga in good quality, and there's no translation, I just read it in Japanese.

Actually, if this shit goes on, that's probably what I'll do for this one. I'm more fluent in English than in Japanese, but I can make an effort for a manga I really like.

For another series I like, I actually redid the chapters that a MTL'r had (badly) done, for the benefit of the readers, because I thought the series was worth being read in good quality by more people.

I'm the last person you'd call entitled, because I'm actually BUYING all the raws of the manga I translate. And I even buy the volumes to translate the extra. All for the sake of sharing with people like you. Maybe I shouldn't.

What have you done in your life for scanlation, except being a consumer?

Fed-Kun's army
constructive criticism
Hard to give concrete feedback to someone translating from a language they're trying to learn to a language they self-admittedly can't speak very well, as their mistakes might come from misinterpreting the original, failing to convey the meaning in English, or both.

IF they really wish to learn something, they should be trying to TL to a language they're familiar with, i.e. their native language. They're not gonna learn anything like this

Users who are viewing this thread