Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Pursuit

Aggregator gang
@grimmycoffee Kyo = Kyoto the at that time capital of the nation. and hinamoto if im correct is the region or erea around it.

Ok, for those who don't know:

1. Hinomoto is the name of Japan prior to the modern era. Japan as we know it today is called Nihon / Nippon.
2. Kyo is referring to Kyoto. It's the ancient capital of Japan, prior to the rise of the Tokugawa. After Tokugawa took over, they constructed Edo and chose it as the new capital. To prevent confusion, some time later, they changed the name of Edo to Tokyo (Imperial Capital), while Kyo is changed to Kyoto (Old Capital).
3. Also, the reason why the people of Japan supposedly hated their own Self-Defense Force, is mostly due to the whole mess caused by the predecessor of the SDF, the Japanese Imperial Armed Forces, back in World War 2.

Fed-Kun's army
"for some reason, some japanese hates jsdf" oh i could think of a few reason why some people might hate the jsdf. having oda nobunaga, the great uniter of japan say that he doesn't understand why certain people would hate the jsdf is... certainly a choice by the author... this, paired with the wolf named wittman, is just... it's a lot...

Dex-chan lover
Welp shes pretty much become one of the most important people to him now cause he knows he cant trust her since she doesnt have any connections to this time period

I bet all of this is just a dream of hers
Not even a stretch to think that some history nerd has a crazy vivid dreams about living in some other time period
She also thought about having exactly that kind of dream in chapter 1

@chuchuchoerry Well it makes sense that he would like it since he has a wildly different world view and ideals compared to current day people
he also doesnt know shit about recent history and the current state of affairs
He thinks war good
honor good
women lesser
a bunch of young men going to protect their country probably sounds rad as fuck to him

Fed-Kun's army
@Kampfarsch that's not what i mean. also oda nobunaga from this work is not the real oda nobunaga. these choices are artistic choices, chosen by the author to represent their thoughts. i'm not saying that nobunaga wouldn't have these thoughts, far from it since knowing japan's militarist and misogynistic history, he would exactly have thoughts like this.
but my point was that it was the author's choice to have nobunaga disagree with the criticisms that people have of the jsdf, which is that with that same militarist history that japan has, they're scared that the "self defense" purpose of the jsdf will turn into what it was in imperial japan.
the fact that there was no explanation of this (that there are japanese people who are against the rising nationalism in the country), paired with the wolf named wittman (which someone on here earlier on said could named after a nazi tank commander who is an actual person named michael wittman), is a whole lot of problems in a suitcase that i'm not even willing to proverbially unpack.

Dex-chan lover
Noooo, why go this route?
I never like it when the secret of another world is so easy to reveal, more so when the story revolves around information importance.
She could double down and say her grandpa stranded in a really far away island that nobody ever heard cause their secrecy life choice is what made their society thrive in peace. But she oppose that idea and want to share their prosperity with outside world. Which led her being banished from there.
Why theres a need to reveal her true identity so early, it should be something grand at the end.

That half lidded eyes...
Shizuko, he's old enough to be your father.

Users who are viewing this thread