Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - Parting Ways

Dex-chan lover
It's a folding knife.
Alright, but what are the odds of someone walking around with a folding knife on them?

Thought it was the teacher's son, but no, it was literally just her. How did she get such a short sentence to already be out? It wasn't statutory rape, it was just rape.
Female-on-male rape. I'm surprised she got jail time at all.

Also, Japanese jail sentences seem to be shorter than American jail sentences, with the caveat that Japanese jail is especially unpleasant to begin with.

Aggregator gang
Lol, what the fuck?

Where did she even get the knife?

This is just over the top and unrealistic.
This kind of revenge things actually happen quite often in real life as well, most of SA perpetrator don't get jail time, since most of the victim kind of forced to negotiate it instead of bringing it to court (and even in court sometime it ended with a "peaceful negotiation" instead of jail time). So after the SA perpetrator roam free, some of them seeks revenge toward their victim who report them, even more so if their career got destroyed and also mentally unstable like this woman for example.

And about the knife, that kind of knife are legal to have in Tokyo (but illegal to bring in public) and since it's small, I guess she hided the knife in her pocket before she uses it to harm Kaede (it looks like a foldable knife).

So in conclusion this chapter is as realistic as it can get with real life. The unrealistic bit part is the scene where Tsubasa jump in to save Kaede, it's unrealistic for someone non-profesional to react that fast in that situation but it's possible to happen.

Double-page supporter
holy shit, that bitch really need a reality check, probably with a gun or something

Aggregator gang
Thought it was the teacher's son, but no, it was literally just her. How did she get such a short sentence to already be out? It wasn't statutory rape, it was just rape. She should've been put away for a while.
Japan already looks lightly on sexual assault. Add in that it happened to a male and that sentence was likely reduced even more

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it is axed, more of concluded. It didn't smell like a long-running manga from the beginning, and there's no way to make it into one without also turining it into Boy's Abyss
It's just how the industry works. If something gets popular they usually keep it going for as long as they can. That's usually why a lot of manga has an interesting story in the beginning, but after four-five volumes where they've used their original ideas and had expected it to end, they have to start doing convoluted plots to keep it going.
If this had been more popular and sold more, most likely it would've had Kaede meeting the teacher again at a later point, but probably not in such a random setting like this.
I honestly think it's good that it ends now and doesn't get dragged out, manga that gets popular and dragged out suffer a lot in quality really.

Aggregator gang
Kaede-chan's character development woah.
Also, this manga never fails to amaze me with the roller coaster plot.
IDK what the author eats to make this plot.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck was that, I don't understand why people are praising this chapter.

Random sensei appears,
sensei used stab,
Tsubasa used protect,
Tsubasa protected Kaede,
But also took a critical hit.

Tsubasa now understand Kaede's emotional pain by just one physical stab. Wtf. Imo author just fucked this all progression of 33 chapters in just one chapter.

Tsubasa understands her behavior was bad after her friend pointed it out. What are you on about?

Regarding the emotional pain, I think the physical pain plus adrenaline just amplifies her empathy towards Kaede, especially after she realized how hurtful her attitude to Kaede was.

Wow what the hell is pacing on this? The teacher came out of no where why didn't the writer take like a panel or something to set this up better and show the teaches story post incident because this "drama" does not feel earned in the slightest.

Dex-chan lover
Wording suggests that kaede's story arc will conclude while the series still continues. My guess is that it will focus on the blonde friend of tsubasa.

Thank you for the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread