Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 35 - A Young Boy's Normal

Dex-chan lover
8288cl.jpg

yup, this arc kinda felt like this

And oh boy, is psychiatry in Japan even a thing?
it's not because what would the neighbours says about it ???
joke aside ( or was it ? ), i can recommend you Shrink ~Psychiatrist Yowai~ a manga who goes deeper the mental health issues and how bad it is
https://mangadex.org/title/dfb1718e-6702-4606-bdb5-5ae3fa76b3b9/shrink-psychiatrist-yowai

Dex-chan lover
I dont get it, what did their reactions meant when they parted ways?
Simply that despite leaving in good term and agreeing they're both sorry for each others the scars are still there. The girl can't walk alone from the knife trauma and the boy never "healed" from this whole arc.

Fed-Kun's army
They broke up and have full and mutual acknowledgement that they are not the right people for each other. Kaede is not the "prince" for her not because of his past, he's not the prince because they both found out that they are incompatible.
I don’t think it’s that they were incompatible, I think they stepped into a world they didn’t understand or were ready for. Tsubasa seemed like she had this fairy tail idea of love where no one has trauma or pain whereas Kaede wasn’t psychologically ready for a relationship

Might be the contrarian here but I think this ending is fine. Frankly because trauma is just a thing you carry, you can never forget it, it just gets lighter. On the other aspect of relationships shown? Sometimes you just acknowledge the past but move on, very realistic imo. Maybe the final closing lines should of emphasized this more but was satisfactory enough for me.

Dex-chan lover
A rather grounded and realistic story overall. Thank you for the translation and I look forward to the next arc.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so this is the end of this arc about Kaeda. Next arc will be about another boy?

Dex-chan lover
hmmm it would've been better if the author focused on kaede's journey rather than starting a new arc that might not be as interesting as this one.Saying that you can't get over trauma that easily may be true but it's still anti climatic.I wanted to see him get over his trauma lil by lil and be happy and even the ex-gf has a trauma now.I don't think she deserve such an ending as a matter of fact i wanted her to be happy as well so ending it like this is just not satisfied
Author: Trauma is a long lasting thing that won't heal just like that.
Author: But who's got time for that, let's end this story.

Ah well, don't want to be too judgemental, just a bit bummed since this ending feels rushed and a bit inconclusive.

Dex-chan lover
Even though I understand this ending... I still find it... Unsatisfying.
I suppose it's redeemable, but that remains to be seen. Not bad, actually quite good writing... It just feels somewhat incomplete, even if a non-ending is the intent.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this was a waste of my time. Didn’t realize this was going to be some sort of anthology series?

Was kinda looking forward to an actual ending for Kaede but I guess author’s depression and cynicism will not allow that. :/

huh, is that it? seriously? the ending feel kinda rushed for me, what happen with the teacher anyway, is she got into prison or what???

Users who are viewing this thread