Sensitive Boy - Vol. 3 Ch. 26 - Self-aware, and at the same time...

Dex-chan lover
I really don't think that will happen. It just doesn't fit the tone of the manga and I doubt Kaede will do something like that
I agree, its just that this chapter has Kaede struggle to understand his own feelings, to the point where he brazenly blurts out to a grown adult woman that he likes her, without considering what is appropriate. he is just a teenager, and after his fucked up experience, the lines between what is and what's not appropriate to do with other people could be blurred. At most, he might force himself on someone when they are not comfortable, but i dont think he'll go all the way.

Dex-chan lover
Expecting rejection, and hopefully will continue to move on. Honestly im more concerned about the fact that he just confessed to someone else pretty damn quick after his first break up. As the title calls him a "sensitive boy," his aversion to emotional pain may be... concerning for his future.

Dex-chan lover
this is like some kind of Boy's Abyss where instead of it being that the people are fucked and abusive (rapist aside), it's that the characters are just well intentioned but naïve. And also there was a rapist but she's gone now and all that's left is a bunch of well-intentioned people fumbling the ball around.

this is also like Boy's Abyss in the questionable boy/Older Woman relationships.

Double-page supporter
Nah, he's done, he's been saying all that stuff about her being mature and yet he does this this soon.
And about him going back to the first girl, if he does that I'm done with this too.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy chaps 27 and 28 comments gonna be VERY interesting

D-day is coming for a certain someone

Supporter
Interesting to see the level of self-awareness from him where he's able to put himself in Tsubasa's shoes, but at the same time he's still an impulsive, emotional teen who just blurts out his feelings to his boss at work.

I have a feeling he himself is expecting to be rejected, but we'll see. Probably won't make it hurt any less. At the same time, his realization might give him a chance to make amends with Tsubasa - not that I think they should or will get back together, but more that it'll give them both a chance to get some closure and move on, because that was kind of a shitty breakup, especially with their friends getting involved.

So far the overall theme of the manga seems to be "fantasies vs reality". Note how Sensei forced herself on Kaede as a result (or part) of her mental breakdown caused by the reality of teaching not matching up with how she'd imagined it'd be. Note how the playboy keeps disappointing girls and causing them to break up with him because their fantasy of what dating a hot guy would be like doesn't line up with the reality of dating him. Note how Tsubasa had a fantasized view of Kaede when they first met, and because of that she was entirely unprepared to deal with the reality of who he was. Kaede himself also had a kind of unrealistic view of what dating and having a girlfriend would be like, and even now he seems to have a fantasized view of who his boss is and what she's like. I suppose next chapter we'll get to see how that measures up against reality. I, for one, am really enjoying this series.

Users who are viewing this thread