Seton Academy: Join the Pack! - Ch. 107 - A Blank Page from a Jurassic Youth

The lore of this world is so crazy if you think about it.
* the obvious questions brought up by sexual dimorphism
* where the carnivores get the meat from
* student's that die of old age before graduating high school
* How 'extinct' animals are still alive (at first I thought they were cloned if they even bothered to bring it up)
* And now we get the revelation that the dinosaur teachers have been alive literally since before they went 'extinct'

It is insane and nonsensical but I love it all the same.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized Mikeo is wearing a baseball jacket!

What a chad!

I was expecting a dromaeosaur or Tarbosaurus for the girl, but nice to see allosauroids getting some attention too
How the hell does that lore work anyway? Does it suggest that in his junior year, Terano wasn't even a T. rex but a smaller and earlier tyrannosaur? Because that's what the info text seems to imply, referring to him as "tyrannosauri" (which is incorrect btw) instead of his species name.
And the author researched for some dinosaurs as obscured as Siats, but made the tyrannosaurs look the same as current Terano just with less pronounced head scales? Earlier and/ or younger tyrannosaurs look much more gracile, with longer and flatter skulls. You can't tell me he bothered to look up Siats but didn't know what tyrannosaurs contemporary with Siats looked like.
27788053_475377446197726_240809248730669626_o.jpg

Sorry about the rant, but it just upsets a paleo nerd to see half-assed research like this

Dex-chan lover
@GaoMuscle Tyrannosaurus Rex only took 15 - 25 years to mature, and they're in Highschool, so well within that range. As for your other point, characters seem to get random power ups just by believing themselves to be stronger, like Yukari or Yena. It's likely that some proto-Jin told all the "tyrannosauri" that they're now bigger and stronger, so they got a power up.

Also the obvious idiosyncrasies with the time scale. Best not to think about it.

Finally a female who is not a mammal, but from the way Terano is telling it, it seems that this will be the first and last arc where we will see her 😢

Dex-chan lover
dino waifu time

end of chapter: and then they all died

oh

Dex-chan lover
Why do pre-human females still look human? How would mating even work with a T-Rex and her?

Dex-chan lover
@Wildstag
You're asking that now? After a whole manga with human-sized females, and males who're essentially hamsters? Now you ask this?
This story never made any sense, it's comedy for comedy's sake, yo.

@Wildstag
SEX LAKES! SEX LAKES! SEX LAKES!

@Assaultsquirt
Not really. Terano is currently 124 years old, while the oldest T. rex known was 30 at the time of death as a fully grown adult. So pretty sure this series applies human years to all species. He should still look like a teenage/ subadult rex in junior years.
And now that I look at Mikeo again, he is basically (current) Terano with 1 extra finger with pointy bony bumps directly above his eyes instead of in front. Absolutely no one will see that thing as an allosauroid.

Users who are viewing this thread