Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 16 - ❤️So Be grateful, Nerd❤️

Double-page supporter
This is great. There should be more brat breaking where otaku-kun doesnt die or act like an asshole but instead gets his own happy end.

Dex-chan lover
What gets me is the number of "this just hurts" comments. Shitting on this guy was her normal mode of operation. Yet you're all hurt by her loss? Geez, how TF are you treating your romantic partners? Maybe rethink that a little?

Keep in mind here. There's the boy with his own desires. And the student council prez also with her own desires, and both of them are happy at the end. So why are you only feeling sad for the brat who cries in the last panel and not happy for boy and prez?

Double-page supporter
Yeah, I can't feel sad for her, she should have confess her love for the guy. She had time and they were together a lot, she had chances but she wasn't honest about her feelings.

Dex-chan lover
this one hurts.
she's even the type of the usual brats.
but that's the point eh.
to hit the reader where it's most sensitive.

Dex-chan lover
to hit the reader where it's most sensitive.
In the groin?

People forget words like hers are demeaning and would ruin self-esteem.
From context she wasn't cruel to MC, as she was a friend, but she clearly wasn't kind either.
  • At worst, she was an emotionally abusive brat who caused emotional harm to his self-esteem.
  • At best, she was a communicative disorder or shy girl who dragged her feet and lost her chance.
Without knowing if it was teasing, or emotional abuse, in 1-page encapsulated story, we can't tell.
This is why I preferred the longer multi-page/arc chapters prior -- where we had context.

Dex-chan lover
What gets me is the number of "this just hurts" comments. Shitting on this guy was her normal mode of operation. Yet you're all hurt by her loss? Geez, how TF are you treating your romantic partners? Maybe rethink that a little?

Keep in mind here. There's the boy with his own desires. And the student council prez also with her own desires, and both of them are happy at the end. So why are you only feeling sad for the brat who cries in the last panel and not happy for boy and prez?
Teasing and shitting on are different my dude
They are clearly good friends

Users who are viewing this thread