Setting Things Straight With Brats - Ch. 9 - Otaku Kun Who Got A "Lucky Pervert Moment" With A Brat

Dex-chan lover
Knock out: okay
Getting a concussion for that: yes

Being killed by that: I don't think that makes sense
Although the weird part of "That was the last time I saw him" is the bit I don't get. I wonder if maybe he took brain damage. I don't tihnk he died cause it'd have lauded it at us he died.

I do appreciate this series attempts to show real reactions/consequences to these manga tropes.

Dex-chan lover
This one doesn't really fit in with the rest, like, she wasn't even that mean to him.

Dex-chan lover
For those that say that it's unrealistic that he dies for that fall, I'm sorry to tell you, people do die for falling when they're even at the same level floor what makes you think they'd survive if they had extra weight of another person on top with that fall?
This one doesn't fit the theme of the manga, it's not her fault since it was an accident. A kid doesn't know proper safety measures, neither a teacher should leave such work to children.

Dex-chan lover
For those that say that it's unrealistic that he dies for that fall, I'm sorry to tell you, people do die for falling when they're even at the same level floor what makes you think they'd survive if they had extra weight of another person on top with that fall?
This one doesn't fit the theme of the manga, it's not her fault since it was an accident. A kid doesn't know proper safety measures, neither a teacher should leave such work to children.
The problem I tihnk is the language used in this chapter it makes it sound like he didn't die just knocked out. But yes you can die from falling like 1-2inches its all about the where and how and on what.

I think this fits into the manga "Setting things straight with brats" doesn't mention what sets them straight, in this case the lucky pervert moment is what set her straight.

Dex-chan lover
The girl literally helps the guy while he just standing there not even holding the ladder.
How did author consider her as a brat?
I'm guessing it's cause her teasing otaku that causes her to have the accident?

Supporter
Yea you can definitely die from just falling from a standing position. Sure it isn't common, but it happens.
  • Could be there is an underlying condition that makes falling like this more dangerous.
  • Could be that he just happened to hit his head at the right angle.
  • Could be that his head hit something sharp like a desk corner.
  • Could be that her added weight hit him in such a way as to focus the force on his head/neck.
All in all there is a whole list of things that could explain why a fall like this could be deadly or debilitating. You can die to a lot of things that look minor if things line up right.

Shit, it also might not be that he died and just that she never got to see him. Maybe the parents pulled him from school and moved because they felt the school was negligible. Hell could be that he was going to move anyway and this just happened to take place right before then. Since this is from her POV unless she was taken to whatever hospital he was at all she knows is that her goofing around caused an accident and then suddenly he moves away, that would still be pretty fucking traumatizing.
Regardless it will be interesting to see if the author does a sequel/follow-up to this chapter.

Contributor
Maybe she dropped the fluorescent tube too and the broken shards contributed to his injuries.

Aggregator gang
Reading the comments I learned that some people have no idea how fucking dangerous a hard hit to the head is. Dude got a severe concussion, probably hit the head in some table corner too. Internal hemorrhage in the brain can get you killed pretty fucking fast, specially with the high probability of grey matter exposure since he hit his head so hard, blood flew to the girl's face like that.

Dex-chan lover
Although the weird part of "That was the last time I saw him" is the bit I don't get. I wonder if maybe he took brain damage. I don't tihnk he died cause it'd have lauded it at us he died.

I do appreciate this series attempts to show real reactions/consequences to these manga tropes.
I interpreted it as him going elsewhere after eventually recovering from his injury.

Dex-chan lover
Wow he really died from that, huh? I guess it's not impossible but damn if that's the case he was just one untied shoe away from perishing anyway.

Ah well. At least today's brat was a little more tolerable in comparison. Your standard "you pervert!" and some light teasing is on the milder side given what we've seen so far.

Thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread