Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 193 - Operation's End

Dex-chan lover
I also thought this chapter felt quite rushed.

And the mystery that i chose from this chapter... is why shirley looks so terrified with Anthony?
It's because Shirley saw that the "dummy" is an actual corpse. A kludge of pig and chicken into decomposed remains isn't going to have a hand flop out like that.

Dex-chan lover
If I had to guess, it was probably Maggie's body. She was literally killed by Anthony, after all.
Of course, that makes total sense and also adds a bit of an extra dark layer to "we should be grateful to her too" :(

Double-page supporter
Recent new reader to this series!

But both of the different Resistance powers got something here as well. Anthony got information and access to a chunk of the Unification catalyst. What plans he has for that will no doubt be a major part of his strategy. He's not stupid, and is taking the darker (but perhaps justified even) path. If he himself is, or he's figured out, what effectively is a "reverse Unification" where they unify but the human consciousness is the one that stays in charge of the final body, that could be the army he thinks he needs. All the raw power to go against the adult Shadows, but on his side.
Reminder that the effects of the Fragments of Favour aren't just limited to increasing the success rates of Unification. As shown by the Soot Ivy Incident, it can also amplify a Shadow's Soot Power, which under the right conditions can lead to them going berserk and self-destruct. In short, a suicide bomb agent in the hands of Anthony.

---

Good thing we've got Patrick to dispel that haywire union of Louise and Lou. As I looked upon the feat, it clicked to me that if John is a Shonen protagonist, then Patrick is Magical Girl: after all, shooting heart beams in order to purify/cleanse the corrupt monster of the week is THE most classic of classic Mahou Shoujo beats!

I know that Louise's rampage felt really rushed (the extra speculation time from the recent break doesn't help), but objectively speaking we really couldn't have her wreck chaos in the Great Grandfather's Wing just yet. After all, if the adults discover her, the girls will be marked for extermination and there'd be no chance of saving them, which will demoralise all of Kate's faction (among other effects).

That, and we don't know if the two have escaped unscathed, biological and mental ramifications and all that. Incentive to bring Evelyn into the fold perhaps?

Then if the rampage is so brief, why introduce it at all? Possibly to show us readers what Anthony is up to maybe? Obtaining more Fragments of Favour aside, it is very strange that he was able to forecast when exactly Louise would faint down to the second. What's the formula at hand here, and how will it be utilised down the story?

In the days since the raw released, I've seen readers wonder if Louise and Lou can perform a more controlled fusion, and that's when I thought of another possibility. Shadows receive their influence from their Dolls, but is it possible for the Doll to actively outright achieve a "sync" with their Shadow, particularly when they access their Soot Power? Would it be stronger that way?

Candy's group already feels less the usual master-servant relationships and more Digimon-like partnerships, so can we go one step further for a "hearts as one" stunt?

For now, let us be glad that despite derails by two factions, the operation was successful, and the kids earned a resounding victory.

Dex-chan lover
Patrick saves the day! I am glad this arc got a happy ending. But that said, we don't know how Louise and Lou are just yet. And seeing Patrick manage to seemingly reverse the effects of the failed unification makes me wonder...

Can his powers have any effect on a fully unified adult?

Group Leader
There's a typo on page 2: Fragments of Flavor (I wonder if it's as yummy as it sounds)
Also, I think "the words of the religion of Christopher" doesn't sound right. Perhaps "the words of the Christopher cult" would be better?

YESSSSSS THEY'RE BOTH ALIVE!!

Also, Was that an actual dead body that Anthony put in the unification box?
Where the hell did he get that from???

Double-page supporter
by the power of LOOOOOVEEE~~~~
Thanks for the translation!! I was dying to read this again. I wonder if the corpse is Maggie (was that how Margaret's "doll" was called?) OR maybe one of the Belle twins..? We know one is deceased, and that corpse looked VERY malnourished. It's just a theory tho. A shadow's house theory.
More likely Maggie, Belle died too long ago to have that freshness. And Maggie was next to Anthony so it's quite convenient to collect the body

Double-page supporter
Oh that's cleared up why ram met anthony. It was Kate's idea, not because ram was double agent.

And the mystery that i chose from this chapter... is why shirley looks so terrified with Anthony? What has he done? This is still make the hypothesis that ram knew anthony before kate left unconfirmed. Before we knew that the faceless doll that wandered the children's building was maryrose in disguise and ram was usually punished to clean the place overtime by barbie before emilyko joined. What was maryrose or Anthony doing before?
She saw the corpse, that's all. The corpse is not in the plan, so seeing Anthony having a fresh child corpse is not a good thing. I guess this can show Kate how cruel Anthony is.

Double-page supporter
More likely Maggie, Belle died too long ago to have that freshness. And Maggie was next to Anthony so it's quite convenient to collect the body
Good point, I just figured that because the body looked ultra thin. Must be because it's a literal corpse lmao

Dex-chan lover
Big W for the team, Patrick's ability is so powerful it will surely become a keystone of many operations from here on... which is why I'm worried for him. If the adults or Anthony learn of his ability, he will 100% be targeted.

Dex-chan lover
Anthony dies on his way to his planet
This chapter was kind of sloppy Like seriously, the mangaka can't even show one panel of Anthony hiding with the rest of the faceless dolls? This is probably the first time I've seen in this manga such a lazy approach.

I'm actually surprised by this.

That was emotional rollercoaster but somehow I didn't expect for good ending so I'm happy with it hell yea
Still worrying about Shirley after seeing (most likely) literal corpse darn

Users who are viewing this thread