Shindou Sefiria no Gekokujou Program - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Magic Experiment

Double-page supporter
This magic-thingy is turning to a Programming Course class. lols

Okay this chapter was a sudden shift but I gotta say, the awful translation really broke the immersion and made it hard to feel the impact. Did the bandits kill the proofreader first or something?

Dex-chan lover
Well that certainly happened.

Also, was there an edit that was removed or something? I didn't notice any scanlator tampering in the chap, but maybe I wasn't paying attention because of the total tonal whiplash.

Dex-chan lover
Me: Oh this is cute.
Story:
giphy.gif

@CraniumAmbiguity there's no promise that that book would have anything healing related. So far the only spells we've seen from that grimoire have been elemental type things. Blood probably counts as water, so I guess she could theoretically put the blood back in the mommy, or cauterize the wound, but as far as abstract healing stuff, I doubt it.

Aggregator gang
wait what the fuck? did i read the wrong manga? isn't this manga supposed tobe fluffy?

Dex-chan lover
Crap. I was thinking "was that sexual violence tag always there?". Guess not. I hope they properly restrained their one invader though.

Bandits are fucked now though. Someone with a backpack loli is coming, and they've got sibling bonuses.

Jokes aside, I feel like she would be better served trying to heal mom at home than joining in the fight. Well, I guess we need more backup than a single knight who doesn't have the stomach to kill.

Dex-chan lover
@Cyansoul : From ch 1 all the able bodied men were taken to fight in a war, which is effectively a death sentence for he village since to many will die, and it leaves them wide open to bandit attacks, as well as crippling the food production from their farming due to a lack of manpower(but the taxes will only go up to cover the costs of the war, and not down). Either the war is desperate, or the nobles are self centered idiots (I am going with the latter) because they are sacrificing long term strength and production, by taking to much from a small area, for small gains since farmers are not well trained soldiers. That her brother was worried they would send a baby to war because they could use magic only
in what was translated of the web novel, shortly after this the MC has an audience with the emperor who asks if she would be willing to kill, that is kind of a bad sign for the send a baby to fight prospect

@MijMij
This magic-thingy is turning to a Programming Course class.
A DURGASOFT-tier programming course, at that. I can't tell if it's the author, group, or both that are to blame for this nonsensical programming.
Or maybe I'm just asking for too much.

Dex-chan lover
she should learn a magic that could vacuum oxygen from designated space

Dex-chan lover
It's fine and all but seriously, I swear all these amateur isekai writer think that sudden shift in tone is a good plot "twist".

I liked this part more in the novel, it had more the bandit raid felt more sudden and Sefi's thoughts and actions felt both more desperate and realistic, it was also much more brutal but that is just personal taste. Too bad that the novel translation was dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread