Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 33 Ch. 134 - At the depths of despair

There is no debate morality wise :
Eren is in the wrong and he knows it (as shown during his flashback).
Honestly the story could go either way but I have a growing suspicion that eren wants someone to stop him.

Reminder that Eren can see the future. So however this ends, he knows if he lives or dies. The future where he is kneeling at queen Historia's feet could be a death vision or reality.

There is not a way in hell that those people don’t form grudges and return to attack the island once they can. That’s how people are.

I think the commander's spech was not that bad. They know they can't win. Both the attack and the speech is just their coping mechanism. They want to die with less regret because they 'tried' and 'see their error'

Dex-chan lover
7mc7hvipvdy51.jpg

Source

Get ready...
You know what’s coming;
T H E
P O W E R
O F
F R I E N D S H I P

The speech...doesn't make sense. Complete fantasy nonsense, no way any of them would think that way.

"lets not threat each other with hatred again" uuugh I can already feel the talk-no-jutsu coming, or even worse eren pulling a lelouch to force mankind into peace.

Dex-chan lover
The real speech:

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly genocidal acts. The victims were in their homes or in their offices: secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers, moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of genocide. The pictures of colossal titans crushing buildings, fires burning, huge -- huge structures collapsing have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Genocidal attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of Marley. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of Marleyan resolve. Marley was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of Marley. With the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the Marleyan people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance. Marley and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world, and we stand together to win the war against genocide.

This is a day when all Marleyans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. Marley has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

the edge in this comment section is so sharp someone could cut themselves.

tbh though that speech was pretty ok, and it has its critiques

@rock41t
I've been thinking about that for a while and pulling a Lelouch is so anticlimactic and unoriginal.

If it was the goal, it would be the same if he just annihilated 1/10 of what he already did.

@NGOtaku , it could be Eren's(thou it might turn into a possible plothole)
or it could just simply be the farmer's(thou Issayama should've sort of hinted it somewhat)

Users who are viewing this thread