Shokei Sareta Kenja wa Lich ni Tensei Shite Shinryaku Sensou wo Hajimaru

While the title is.. well... Art style, pacing and story are all great so far! I really like this one, seems to be one of these super rare, actually good revenge stories that aren't just about mayhem!

@Vofuro what's wrong with the title? I've seen a lot more titles that are much worse/longer, this title length seems pretty much a standard most of the time for these kinds of stories.

E.g. https://mangadex.org/title/48137/welcome-to-the-impregnable-demon-king-castle-the-black-mage-who-got-kicked-out-of-the-hero-party-due-to-his-unnecessary-debuffs-gets-welcomed-by-the-top-brass-of-the-demon-king-s-army

"Welcome to the Impregnable Demon King Castle ~The Black Mage Who Got Kicked Out of the Hero Party Due to His Unnecessary Debuffs Gets Welcomed by the Top Brass of the Demon King's Army~", and not joking, the characters are literally " 難攻不落の魔王城へようこそ ~デバフは不要と勇者パーティーを追い出された黒魔導士、魔王軍の最高幹部に迎えられる~"

@Ira_Acedia
It's a description. It's not a title. And yes, there are faaar worse titles out there, even far longer, but it's still not a good title in my book. Titles should be short, they should be snappy - not one to three sentences. Not sure where this trend comes from, honestly.
Also, putting that manga on my to-read-list, seems interesting, thanks.

@Vofuro Your welcome, it's also on my list.

It's probably a running trend in Japan, considering how many of the "new" mangas have this (similar to the splitting-chapters-into-parts trend)

"Ex-Sage Lich wants revenge"?

it's so stupid who'll be so dumb as to reduce their military power in world filled with monster and countries ready to invade you
not to mention the the hero and the sage are stupid dumb gullible commoners they are the most precious pawn a person could find
they could have been killed in much easier manner that won't sully the name of a hero just send them in the most suicidal military expedition and cut their supply so they'll either die or starve because after this anyone who'll sign up for the hero job would be more skeptical about revealing himself or serving the kingdom at all

@Ira_Acedia
I figure that as well, but honestly, it's such an odd trend. I mean, would I really recommend a friend "The Executed Sage is Reincarnated as a Lich and Starts an All-Out War" and would said friend really remember that in discussion?
I like your title suggestion, it's short and you can remember it. "Sage Lich seeks war" is another shortie that could work. I mean, you just need some more or less distinct keywords together that make it easy to find it on the internet and for you to remember. if you only remember sage, lich and war/revenge, you'd get it still.

"The Warmonger Lich" sounds like a better title to me, you don't need to describe every detail of your plot premise in the title lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Meh. Started as a typical revenge cliché story, without any essence or buildup. In dropped it goes.

May be nice, doesn't sound like we will be flooded by fetishes & useless love interest/sex slave.
Plus, it looks like we will have a truly evil character rather than a tsundere or an asshole.

@gamefreak2998
I agree with you, some titles are ridiculous nowadays. They are supposed to be short, not a full sentence/paragraph.

@me474
A world filled with monsters but free from the Demon Lord, in other words, humanity has a distinct edge, and heroes are no more needed.
If they are not busy hunting down the Demon Lord, they are a powerful threat for the throne (they were able to take down a powerful king after all). It is a stupid move but only from an outsider perspective. It happens many times throughout history. Lü Bu took down his own lord Dong Zhou, Akechi Mitsuhide slew his own lord Oda Nobunaga during the Honnoo-Ji incident.

Many loyal & powerful servants betrayed their masters. It is not that farfetched to anticipate and get rid of dangerous allies. (Which is why Lü Bu was executed when he swore to serve Liu Bei. Undeniably powerful but untrustworthy.)

@Chabert
yeah this happened in japan and china because there was no concept of royal blood but just the survival of the fittest as long as one has an army and a strength that back it up any random person could be asking for the right of the throne because everyone was a buddhist and christian were a minority you may think the religion is unrelated but it ties greatly to this 'cause christianity helped to establish that royal families are god messenger and their action is the will of the god on the other hand buddhism didn't do shit beside relaxing people that they'll reincarnate and their action aren't in vain but most of their god were cruel or violent or straight up sadistic scums because of this the people image in god wasn't so holly and as result religious figures had limited power to influence the people to like the king bloodline a little more
there were some people in europe who tried to take the throne but it was more done in more elegant way to appease the church unless the king screwed the people so badly to the point of starvation then people like napoleon did rise up but neighbours country took care to suppress such a movement so the same won't happen to them since they didn't have the privilege of being self isolated

Users who are viewing this thread