Shujinkou Janai! - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
It was good while it lasted. A fun series with good art and likeable characters. A pity its run ended being so short.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this to the end. like the author's other work, this isekai is one of my favorites of all time. I really need to get on the LNs but can't always keep up with everything, sad to see the manga adaptation go in that regard. Ended in a decent enough place and shows how much more the story still has to go. Another time, another place, I hope to meet the author in their next work.

Dex-chan lover
thanks a lot for translating this, since ive discovered the manga, i begun to read the WN ver and i have to say, the way they combine meta-gaming and min-maxing to the story, is what i enjoy most from this story

i reccommend to read the WN/LN if you can

if you curious if rex is even be able to get stronger...

he finally achieved his target in min-maxing his stats, like all of his stats are 1, but his Magic is maxed out
however his mp is 0 so he cant use any magic, so he have to resort on using consumable staff to use magic, with deadly result
and since his hp and vit are the lowest, he become a glass cannon that also cursed himself to avoid leveling-up

the way he succeed in min-maxing is also quite ridiculous involving manipulating game event and increasing favor with the new dlc girl
since he also finally found out mana is the main character and the isekaid high-school girl, he can even begin manipulating the game event since the event only progress if mana is in the event location

tough i have to say, the way the author write and narrate his stuff is kinda mean for the reader, its quite unique for me
i have to admit, his april fool chapter is mean for the reader lmao, the author really got me there
and i cant count how many time i smacked the table due to the twist lol
was there anything before that indicated Mana is a isekai'd person? I don't remember seeing anything like that in the manga

Dex-chan lover
was there anything before that indicated Mana is a isekai'd person? I don't remember seeing anything like that in the manga

Read Chapter 1 and watch her behavior now that you have hindsight. Even if you ignore the bonus chapter at the end as non-canon, she still knows too much, and she's too excited. This is the definition of a plot twist; when a new piece of information re-contextualizes what you've seen up until that point.

Dex-chan lover
Was a nice ride but it feels like they were planting seeds for future plot points hopefully the light novel continues and follows through

I promise you that it's as close to what she says, word for word, as I could manage.
By the way, in case anyone is still wondering about this particular line, that kanji for "official" basically means "canon" in English fandom speak, so she is really happy that (her ship, Ain and Rex) is having a moment in canon... yes, she's a fujoshi.

Dex-chan lover
Too bad the LN basically ends at the same point and still no volume 4 to continue the story, so you'd have to go after the WN instead.
I'd say that's the most likely reason this ended where it did, no LN content to continue. The next arc in the WN is when the goblin demon lord gets killed, but he already had his part in the LN and manga. The LN turns that arc into a side story to finish volume 3 told from the perspective of a completely new set of characters, with a different ending since the goblin is already dead.
If volume 4 ever comes out, at least there's a chance for a sequel manga to continue the story. The side story would probably work as a good refresher/introduction for the sequel too.

No idea about the japanese for Mana's line at the end but if the translated line given is as straight as possible with no interpretations to try and understand what she's saying, it makes perfect sense
when you find out way later on that she's the protagonist Rex has been looking for, also reincarnated into the game world just like him.
What about the WN’s situation? Any hope there?

Group Leader
35kso0.jpeg

It means she wants to see them have say gex
8ano1u.gif

Anyone know which chapter on WN should I read to continue this ?
*Edit : Chapter 78

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wish we could reverse this with chapter 32 being "I'm NOT the final chapter", but Axe-kun is real, and Chapter 32 you can find in the LN :(

Dex-chan lover
i really hope it gets a sequel manga someday since they even gave ains a cameo in the end. incase people are wondering this is actually where the ln3 ends off, and the ln is on hiatus, the wn is much further ahead though so i guess it kinda makes sense for the manga to end here since they can't exactly adapt stuff that's not even out in the ln yet.

Supporter
wait ? did they just drop Rex's best friend who never show himself anywhere else(iirc) except the epilouge ?

BROOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST DO THIS. GIVE US A SEQUEL LIKE MAOU SAMA RETRY.

Well, I guess I gonna try reading WN, LN later if there is. the story looks cool enough.

Dex-chan lover
Ehhh, if it was axed either way then they could have at least ended it with incest end.

Dex-chan lover
When it ended with Rex going "but the main character's not here!" and everyone else went "what are you talking about? He's right here", I thought for sure they were setting up a title drop with Rex going "I'm not the main character!!!". Very surprised they didn't go with that.

Users who are viewing this thread