Since I Became a Saint, I'll Do Whatever I Want with My Second Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia seeing her just up and explode so big a guard came running from a different area, they were alone after all, is especially cathartic because she has never stood up for herself thus far if I am remembering correctly.

I hope she exploded with a "you abandoned me" instead of a "don't fwm" so they could at least talk it out

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it's just a misunderstanding, everything will be xplained in time
If you read the first couple page of chapter 1, you can kind of guess what happened. or who's causing all of this misunderstanding to happen

It's not the dude's fault

Dex-chan lover
@Astraea Forgive her for something she didn't do, like I said. If you want me to lay the thought process out...

1. Cecil never met Eugene since he left to see the noble house.
2. She never got to hear from him personally when she was told he was breaking off the engagement.
3. She got sick and died before seeing how anything else played out.
Therefore, Cecil doesn't know what exactly happened or why Eugene left her. Following so far? Next:

1. Keefa acts like Cecil did something wrong.
2. He mentions treasuring both their current lives.
3. He doesn't get why she's so angry at him.
Therefore, Keefa's understanding of what happened in their past life is very different from Cecil's. Furthermore, Eugene's life after he and Cecil parted ways wasn't necessarily pleasant either.
This either means that Eugene doesn't know the full story of what happened either, or he somehow twisted the truth in his own head to delude himself. If it's the latter, then he's an idiot and the logic train ends here. If it's the former:

1. Lizz doesn't fully know what happened in her previous life.
2. Keefa doesn't fully know what happened his previous life.
3. All nobility so far have been shown to be arrogant assholes that think nothing of commoners.
4. Cecil and Eugene were both living as commoners up until the incident.
5. Keefa assumes that Lizz doesn't want to see him.
Therefore, it's a likely possibility that Eugene's noble house lied to both of them to split them up for their own convenience and Eugene was told that Cecil did something akin to abandoning him. Again, assuming this is the case and he isn't just super twisted by nature:

1. Keefa sees his former lover in this new life.
2. He assumes Cecil abandoned him because of lies he was told in the past.
3. He says he wants things to just be water under the bridge and hopes for the two of them to live separate but happy lives.
In conclusion, he feels wronged by her, but wants to prioritize their current lives. And so, he's trying to "forgive" her for whatever wrong he was told she did in their past life so they can both live in peace.
Did that clarify things?

Aggregator gang
That prince didn't know what he did. fucking idiot and ignorant piece of shit

Double-page supporter
First thing come to my mind after this chapter is both get set up by someone on the girl was told he not care about her anymore while on boy side is she cheating on u or something like that but man if u were told like that go check her once u dumb mtfk
PS.pls don't end up with him pls let priest boy be the protagonist if possible no male protagonist is ok

Dex-chan lover
uh, she died before she could hear his explanation so we can't say anything for sure. Well, maybe we'll learn what really happened in 6 months or so :|

@twgok13
Story spoilers
From what I can tell from the web novel, they are both deceived. Eugene believes he is sending letters back and forth to Cecile and he gets delayed in meeting her due to the servants in the noble house. and eventually he gets a letter saying that she has decided to marry another man and to not look for her so that she can have her happiness. he goes looking for her at all the places she would be associated with, but everyone he comes in contact with tell him she got married. He's heartbroken and never marries, he adopts someone who is a distant relative of his father and that person inherits the household when they come of age. and Eugene dies in his 30's. he's pretty shocked to find out that Cecil died and those letters were forgeries. this gets found out pretty quickly in the web novel. Ch.2 here corresponds to ch.5 in the web novel, and this is sorted in ch.13-16 in the web novel.

Dex-chan lover
That smile the prince has on the panel when he arrived speak miles about how his character is going to be written as.

Fed-Kun's army
Ugh it will all be a misunderstanding and then they reunite, doesn't seem interesting I think I will just drop it.

Contributor
I was thinking that rather that reincarnating he just got some of the memories of his past life rather than all of them making him a different person.

but looks like that isn't the case, would have made for an interesting dynamic though.

Double-page supporter
This isn’t why you think calmly folks. If you just scream about it before anything actually gets explained then it’s over lmao

Dex-chan lover
@MrBiggMan66 : Went to check the manga RAW and was about to post that exaclty :v it's ch 6 in the manga for the explanaiton.

So, out of curiosity I tried to look for the RAW, but the bits I found were in the middle of the part so I might've missed out some stuffs.

But here's some spoilers on the male lead side for people desperate for it.
He got tricked by...well, I'm guessing the 'for the FAMILY' butler.

He went to see his father, then the butler kept him delayed asking him to stay with the sick dad for a while, and promise to try to help him out the best he can.
Eugene's first request is to find a ring, the engagement ring he promised to Cecyl.

Well, long story short that butler is a fucking monster.
1. He faked letters from Cecyl so Eugene thought he was kept in contact with her, and in fact one of the letter is 'Cecyl' saying she's going to marry someone else.

2. He threatened everyone in their home village, so when Eugene actually went back personally, everyone just repeated the fake story of Cecyl left to capital to marry someone in fear.(even handing Eugene a fake goodbye letter)

Then butler be like "well, I believe that thot lady have good status and would make a good marriage partner"
Eugene "Fuck no, Cecyl is the only woman I love, and I will not marry anyone ever"

And then he did, he basically adopted a kid (Theo) to be his successor and never marry even to the day he die.

Back to present, he tried to give the ring that's been held onto be that family to Lizz, who returned it to him and say "let's just go with what you said before, we're different people now, so let's forget about our past lives"
Well, he's a devoted man so he swear to at least be of help to her this time, even if they can't be lovers.

He goes back to palace, accidentally drop the ring, and some guy who may or may not be THE butler reincarnated was like "WHOA IS HE EUGENE!?"...said man is also trying to ship the current prince with the thot lady of this era.

Users who are viewing this thread