So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 50.3

@Sacron1143 Literally nothing of this matters, novel readers always make it sound like the original story is some sort of high grade art that is above everything, the best part of this series has always been the spider doing funny shit and her reactions and thinking.

All those questions you are saying are irrelevant, people didnt start reading the manga for a "deep" story with "confusing" events, the fact of the matter is that this manga has a 8.95 rating and more than 5 million views for a reason, all that extra shit that people always tell they are missing is irrelevant because what people enjoy about this manga has nothing to do with that bs.

I have read the novel and the humans side while watching the anime, to anyone who is being tempted by novel readers to read it, ignore them 100%, its not worth it, its just childish weebs being mad their story isnt being adapted like they want, the manga is just a superior version of what it does (mainly comedy and entertainment) vs what the novel does ("deep" story with "big questions and answers")
If half your story is full worthless characters and events who people dont like but are forced to read to "understand" your story, you have failed as a storywriter, more lore =/= better story.

@Austriacus And the Light Novel is one of the highest rated Light Novels in the entire market. It is currently #1 in sales on Bookwalker and is being sold out at a rapid pace.

The manga is an adaptation that has cut 40% of the original writing. There is no argument here. The manga is fine, but it is still a poor adaptation of the source. Your argument is moot. You're also lying about having read the Light Novels beyond volume 5. It's so easy to tell when someone hasn't.

@Hurokun I hope you are not trying to imply that i think the manga is some sort high art by selecting some random lines of my post, otherwise i would advise you to improve your reading comprehension.

@NoGround My argument is not moot because you dont know how to read

If you want a more condensed version of what im saying, the manga does something different(comedy) than the light novel does (deep plot), but if one was to rate their individual performances the manga would be a 9 at what it does and the novel an 8 or so(this is obviously subjective), you are not getting that it being different and not having all that baggage that people call "plot" makes it a better at what is trying to do. Being a "poor adaptation of the source" is not an argument against the quality of the manga or for the quality of the novel, theres mangas that are better than their light novel counterparts, there are light novels that are better (or worse) than their web novel sources (the light novel is not even the source here lmao)

Im lying because i disagree with the notion that the light novel is as good as people make it out to be? Thats hilarious man

Weebs are so funny with their mediocre stories and their praise for them

@Sacron1143 good point. But in my mind, you're supposed to enjoy this implementation separately, not comparatively, so I'm still looking forward to how they will play out those sides of the story. I do think the manga's storytelling is inferior to the LN and anime, but its selling points are Kumoko's lightheartedness and comical expressions, imo.
I'm not on any KumoNani discord or reddit since I'm not on that side of the world, but I can tell you that not that many people here in the east side of asia think of the manga as terrible.

Fed-Kun's army
@Austriacus you also have to remember that in many cases, light novels arent simply adaptations of their web novels, but can be the author completely changing areas in plot or writing direction, as we see in tate no yuusha. light novels are more of an official revision than an adaptation

@NGOtaku But of course, but the act itself of changing the story from the source material is not necesarily wrong or for the better, its all in a case by case basis.

@Austriacus

The light novel is just as much comedy as the manga, and in my opinion it handled it better than the manga.

The prologue is over, and now that we actually need to have a plot this manga is going to suffer from how it did things. This is not something that "can stand on its own" anymore. Kakashi has rushed half of the entire 5th volume and all the points that readers should be able to understand are something they can't.

I call you a liar because you say "the human side isn't important" is something literally no one has the opinion of when they've actually read the book. This is not a subjective thing. The human side and additional perspectives are objectively important to the story.

You're on the mangadex comment section, your "weeb" insult applies to you as much as the rest of us lol.

You know even people who hate the human side in the beginning of the LN, and even previous manga readers who switch over to the novels. ALWAYS end up agreeing on the importance of the human chapters when reaching LN5.
EVEN THE ANIME thinks so, doing two cours is fucking risky if they dont think its worth it. And they included the skipped shit because itll be SO worth it. The fact that even people who hated the human chapters with a passion at first fucking think it's worth it in the end says something about its importance.
It's weird to judge the LN to manga adaption if you havent read the fucking novel that's stupid basing opinions on assumptions everyone who actually knows what they are saying are disagreeing with you on.

What the manga was doing is understandable, BUT, it was even said by the dude himself to not be a proper adaption because it couldnt. And now it can't continue on without needless dragging. So i dont believe any argument saying the manga is fine or that the novel really isnt that better.

What
This chapter basically skips half of volume 5.
Sooner or later we might get to the point
were Kumoko gets to have Arachne form

I get that people wanted the "humans are useless, we want spider", but it's focusing on the spider waaay to much. The pacing is too goddamn fast.

I don't really care if Kakahi is going for the timeline in a chronological way. At least put some context ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread