Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 100

Dex-chan lover
Gojou you fuck don't fuck this up

Please be a fake-out, I'd hate for this to turn into an arc where they grow apart because he misunderstands her and thinks she's just interested in cosplay, instead of cosplaying with him.
It's not about misunderstanding.
Gojo is trying to see whether he can actually fit inside Marin's life, but because both of them are so far apart in character, he feels that he is holding her back or doesn't belong with her.

And whether Marin rejects or accepts the offer, it is going to affect their relationship. Since Gojo would feel that he is holding her back, if she rejects. And, the chance of Gojo being able to work with Marin would reduce if she accepts the offer.

Dex-chan lover
I doubt he'd listen to Marin at this point unless she confesses. Gojou probably needs to get advice from his grandfather, but I do hope he realizes that he can make dolls and make cosplay costumes. Besides it seems pretty clear that his cosplay work has improved his doll making skills.
But would her confession really work?
Wouldn't Gojo feel that because Marin is in love with him, that her feelings towards him had become chains which is holding her to achieve her dreams, especially if she ends up rejecting the Pro offer.

As for continuing working as Cosplay-maker, would it really be possible for Gojo to work for her, if Marin ends up joining the Pro-agency, since they would already have pro-makers who are far more experienced in making cosplay, and probably wouldn't want to hire someone who works part-time Cosplay-maker and full-time Hina Doll maker.

Double-page supporter
Everybody is getting too carried away. C'mon, its Gojo. He's probably just realized he doesn't have all the ingredients he needs to make Marin something good to eat afterwards. And Marin's always getting carried away seeing him like that, thinking its the end of the world.

It better be like that anyway!

Fed-Kun's army
It's a good & needed chapter for both characters to progress. She seriously has to think for herself from now on instead of "living in the moment" with her cosplay work. That moment she frantically searched for Gojou because she realized she completely forgot about his physical presence & than seeing his completely lone, distraught & tired face right after spotting him was well made.

What i hate about this chapter is the absolute dumb decision to make a timeskip here. Was that yet another stupid way of cutting out really important conversations just to make them reappear later on?

Can't tell me they didn't have anything to say to each other for multiple hours + the whole event right after that shoot & her getting scouted, especially considering her character & nature.

Dex-chan lover
Another chapter where out of 30 pages, only like 5 pages aren't filler. And it was supposed to be special chapter, delayed to add more stuff. They also introduced another character most people don't care about, because this "super cool and edgy manga" they are making cosplay of doesn't exist and people obviously cannot relate to it.

What i hate about this chapter is the absolute dumb decision to make a timeskip here. Was that yet another stupid way of cutting out really important conversations just to make them reappear later on?

But author absolutely had time to spend like half of chapters panels explaining cosplay stuff. Amazing, isn't it?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh here we go. Mr. inferiority complex ruining the day for her because has below zero confidence in himself or anything he does, denser than a fucking neutron star, and pretty much just blind. I hope he either develops and matures as a person and can drop this whole "Art Critic perfectionist syndrome" along with the "I just make her cosplays, we aren't even friends" thoughts or just fuck off for good. I know the latter won't happen (unless the author is bold, which she isn't) but I honestly cannot stand to look at this chud anymore. Some 100th chapter this is

Group Leader
Welp guess we have our next story arc. See y'all in 2025. Maybe we'll get some romantic development then?

Though seriously Gojou? Marin's and your moment of triumph and you have a resting bitch stank face? Can't even give her a smile, thumbs up, good job? Something? Anything? Give the bro some Prozac or something.

Dex-chan lover
Welp guess we have our next story arc. See y'all in 2025. Maybe we'll get some romantic development then?
Romantic development is clearly in plans for 2026. /s

But forget romantic development. Where are comedy elements, jokes, ecchi stuff, fun interaction with side-characters? How long people going to pretend that this manga become popular because of Gojo angst, neverending gushing over Marin cosplay by random people and long awkward explanation of cosplay related stuff?

This manga rise in popularity because it had so much fun stuff in one package, even before actual hint of romance appeared. And now there is nothing, aside from attempts into drama and cosplay guides. Sure, i understand that cosplay is important for mangaka, but where is balance?

Dex-chan lover
Who knows any more with this guy enough with the emo stuff he should be happy at how much attention his costume got instead of whoa is me
Compare ch.99 p.15-16 when he is thinking "It needs to look enchanting enough that people will still want to fall in love with you" followed by "I shouldn't have said that". He is feeling that people are falling in love with her, while his work goes unappreciated. Part of it is jealousy too, he's begnning to realize he is in love with her.

This is the moment when Marin should have pointed out what a fantastic job Gojo has done so that he could get credit too. Back in ch.94 during Christmas Gojo leaves the table to continue working, and Grampa tells Marin "I want you to praise his work". I sure hope she remembers that now!

Dex-chan lover
I doubt he'd listen to Marin at this point unless she confesses. Gojou probably needs to get advice from his grandfather, but I do hope he realizes that he can make dolls and make cosplay costumes. Besides it seems pretty clear that his cosplay work has improved his doll making skills.
At this point Gojo is so far up in his own ass that i doubt anything would actually work. Author wrote herself in to a corner here, character wise. Whether Marin accepts the job or not, both decisions will result in more angst for Gojo. Right now we are just waiting for some magical solution.

Dex-chan lover
At this point Gojo is so far up in his own ass that i doubt anything would actually work. Author wrote herself in to a corner here, character wise. Whether Marin accepts the job or not, both decisions will result in more angst for Gojo. Right now we are just waiting for some magical solution.
This happens if you suddenly decide to make the person who's the driver in relationship to act out of character. With how pushy Marin is, her dragging the confession or even just proper talk with Gojo for so long doesn't make sense. Ebem if Gojo was busy with making a costume, it never really stopped her before, until it just does for some reason.

On the other hand Gojo just have no reason to expect their relationship being anything more than friends and partners in cosplay. And with how good Marin is, him feeling like he's not needed anymore is more than expected. Dude always had low self-esteem.

Dex-chan lover
Yes but no. He'd have to identify what he feels for Marine to really be jealousy.
That said, this might be the kick in the nuts he needed to finally realize she's not just a classmate/friend for him.
Gotta see how the manga author of Haniel is gonna interact with him.
With him? It's probably Marin who he'll be interested in, no? I doubt his editor called him out of nowhere because of Gojo, he probably saw her and got transfixed like all other bystanders.

Ps: this arc reminds me of the ending of Perfume, which only irritates me even more. What a shit movie

Dex-chan lover
Aaargh! This chapter has so many dangling plot threads in it! It's great stuff, but at this rate of release it will be months before we get a conclusion on single one let alone all of them!

finally this overly stretched arc ended.

i still don't understand what is goujou's problem?, can someone explain to me why is he essentially throwing an emo-tantrum and looking like ass the entire time?

Hormones... He's a teenager who thinks he is not good enough

We had 3 chapters of photoshoot just because they don't know how to end a circle shoot hahahaha

Group Leader
I disagree. It's a cosplay manga, with a romance subplot. It's not a romance manga with a cosplay theme. The plot revolves around cosplay. The fact that romance is put so much on a backburner clearly emphasizes that too. Even before the last 30 chapters, there was barely any romance in it.
Wrong way around. It was a clear old-school romcom manga, with cosplay being the plot device used to push the romance along (bringing them together, keeping them in close proximity, etc). At some point, the author decided he was going to switch genres and just dropped the romance and comedy from the series entirely. Now it's a series dealing with a 15 year old boy's depression, where he takes cosplaying far too seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread