Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru

Dex-chan lover
@alpalin it's comics. they're not required to sustain your life. so even if you can't afford them, there's no reason to further damage the industry after they've been licensed.

Double-page supporter
@Galder are you even read what i say i didn't say anything like this will sustain me i was giving a perspective to how much expensive we are talking about...
it's like good for you you can buy it, but don't think everyone can afford it.
btw don't forget hobbies are only things that keeps some people mentally alive.

Dex-chan lover
@alpalin since you don't seem to get it: my point was, since it isn't absolutely necessary to live, just move on if you can't afford it.

Double-page supporter
@Galder what i am trying to say: people say ''Just buy it~'' without understanding i can't afford it, thats what pisses me of.
duh, of course i have to move on(like i did with a lot of series), what can i do... other than be sad and frustrated.
and you don't understand that a human cant live only eating sleeping and sustaining his body mental health is important too, this kind of manga keeps me mentally stable so lets fucking move on from this subject.

Thanks for all the hard work up until now, hope to see you guys on your next work!
It's sad to see you aren't finishing this but I understand your point, hopefully in the future the selling model changes and publishers learn to make them affordable. I'm not paying $2 per digital chapter that I read in 2 minutes for the fluff.

I have to say, the credits page made my day every time, thanks for the laughs :D

Group Leader
Second manga to get dropped today. Guess I’ll have to get the official volumes as I loved this story that much

Thank you to all the translators. It's a great story I would not have found otherwise

@alpalin Pretty sure we can find it in somewhere being translated, in another website. Someone will pick it up eventually. Pm me in a few months if you can't find it, I will check turkish or russian anime sites/translations and make a translation just for you if no english is available

Dex-chan lover
@Galder

Well, the main problem is there is nothing to buy. Volume 5 will be (if at all) released next year at best and honestly I don't even know if there any point to buy 1st volume now, cause personally I, and I guess most of readers as well, will forget this title by the time of vol 5 release. There are people who can't afford it, but biggest issue is not money but time

I understand but dont agree with this "drop" thing, if I want to support the manga I'll with or whitout scanlations translating. Its not like is going to sell more just because theres no scan translations. Who want to buy, is going to buy, even if they never read. I myself have a huge collection of mangas that I never touched after put in my room. I keep buying but reading only here.

Dex-chan lover
@CookieMonster the isssue here is to show support. you read it so it couldn't hurt to buy it; it's a commercial work first and foremost. so it's not just an option to catch up on chapters if the official release overturns the scanlations, but to help out the author and the foreign publishers that took the financial risk to translate it into english. that also includes the case where you can't afford it. support them by just giving it a rest and not incite other groups to take the project over. cause this clearly leaves the gray area of scanlation (if there ever was such a thing) and reduces income for both artists and publishers. this is what the other dude just wouldn't understand.

it's seriously depressing when you follow some artists and, just as an example, they complain for months on end that a fucking dog terrorizes them in their sleep. but they're apparently too poor to actually move to another residence or at least are financially limited to where they can actually move (ex kawakami masaki). or when an artist rejoices that his publication didn't get axed after the first volume (this obviously has something to do with popularity, but they're this strict in axing things because of the desolate situation the manga industry finds itself in; ex yokoyama kouji). or when an artist outright says he's poor and uses pixiv fanbox to supplement his income (ex RAN).

99 % OF THE PEOPLE HERE CLAIM TO BE TOO POOR TO AFFORD MANGA! BUT THE ARTISTS THEMSELVES WILL SOON BE TOO POOR TO CONTINUE BEING MANGAKA! SO NO MORE MANGA FOR ANYONE! GREAT FUTURE PROSPECTS!

btw this wasn't against you personally, just a little rant. mainly because of the other dude.

Double-page supporter
@Galder the thing is supporting offical translation doesn't support mangaka at all, if it's not popular in Japan there is nothing you can do it will get axed. at least say buy japanese ones to support mangaka lol
you just don't understand economically poor country problems it's not just manga everything not essential to stay alive is fucking expensive
if you gonna fight someone go fight with the ones who releases the raws on internet...

@KatilTekir
thanks man lol your nickname seems Turkish if you are; sağolasın toprağım :D

Dex-chan lover
@alpalin

dude, you completely blabbed around the points i wanted to make.
1. if it's not popular in japan, it won't get a foreign language adaption in the first place. and saying they won't receive ANY royalties from foreign adaptions is a straight lie. they may be small, but they're there. buying the japanese version is, as you said, the best course of action (which i did for some of the volumes; don't have all yet since i can't grow money out of my ass either). people that can only afford digital copies and don't want to go thru the crappy japanese registration (since amazon.co.jp only sells physical volumes to foreigners), can at least help with official translated works and know what they're gonna get.
2. regarding the continuation of the scanlation: what i wanted to say is to just let it rest and don't talk others into continuing to translate this. it may help you to get stuff you aren't even entitled to (though i feel bad for you that you can't afford it), but it also incites others that CAN AFFORD it into not buying it if free translations persist even after the official translated works came out.

Double-page supporter
@Galder
i don't say they dont get any royalties... i am saying what matters is what happens in Japan is the imported thing.
if you really care about this go bug the people who releases the raw from Japan.
and btw you can't stop piracy by attacking who can't afford it. because publishers are refusing to apply local prices at anyting(games,mangas etc.)
and your not the only one who knows the importance of supporting things even i am poor i still support any hobbie i can afford for example i buy my favorite games after few years when they have good discount.
what i am trying to say is if they not stop giving unfair prices there is always gonna be someone who is gonna pirate it.
so stop pushing your self-righteous ideals to people and try and think of their point of wiew

On one hand, i can understand why the group is dropping it. On the other hand, they might have just put a bullet in the fan following for this series. Official is good. Official taking approx 4-6 months for a volume is bad and kinda harmful to retaining any sort of readership from scanlations.

Either this series will be forgotten and the readership will wither OR someone else (or some other group) will go "hey, that's an awful long wait to catch up so we're going to pick it up and continue until/if the official releases manage to catch up. ". Personally, i hope for the second because this is actually a good series.

On the general argument proceeding me, i think sometimes some people forget to account for currency differences and difference in national or regional pricing. Stuff like Anime and manga that might be cheap in the US, for example, is usually much more expensive in many other countries around the world.

Dex-chan lover
@Galder
but to help out the author and the foreign publishers that took the financial risk to translate it into english
I don't even know if I actually want to support a lot of official English releases as how they are now: translation quality is often pretty mediocre, many months behind japanese releases for unknown reasons, publishers drop manga if it sells bad in the West but retain the rights, so sometimes we face ridiculous situations when official western releases aren't printed and scanlation groups don't touch them as well because of copyrights.
So maybe It's better if they won't release them outside Japan at all, and if I want to support author I can buy Japanese volumes or use Patreon etc. I actually did this before with other manga and bought Japanese volumes while reading English scanlations. Or for example currently I read Watatmote manga and buy its English volumes just for support, I don't care when they are released cause I can read regular scanlations. Japan has choice: read chapters right after they released or wait for volumes, digital or printed, but in the West reading official releases of ongoing manga is just pain in the ass. So now I have to buy 1st volume of Sono Bisque Doll and wait 1,5 years to know what happened next... Well, not very inspiring perspective if you ask me.

Group Leader
@CookieMonster I have to agree with you here. Ive purchased quite a ridiculous amount of drawing books, LNs, and manga even though I have most of them as pdfs or epubs because I like to try and support the authors/illustrators. Waiting 1.5 years I don’t mind buying the official release but It’s a long time from now and I doubt I will want to by that point

actually....i just realised that i may well get by quite well reading in other language, (Either Portuguese, French, Italian or Russian) So, i'm not "angry" anymore.
In this case, knowing another language is really useful 🤣 (Besides English, i'm fluent in spanish (it is quite alike to italian and Portuguese), i understand a bit of french, and i'm currently studying Russian)
(Yep. I like languages XD)

@alpalin Güzel rastlantı :D Türkçe manga siteleri vardı aylar önce girdiğim, eminim orda çevirmeye devam ederler eğer seri çevrildiyse orada. Adını falan hatırlamıyorum ama maalesef

Users who are viewing this thread