Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 100

Dex-chan lover
This might be me projecting my own past experiences with what is happening but, I cant help but feel a “relatableness” with Gojo: you felt like an outsider, you wanted to inspire your loved one (even if you werent aware of your feelings for that person) and it ends up biting you back, your loved one ends up garnering the attention of others and enjoys her time to the fullest, while you stayed outside, unable to join in, unable to enjoy with her, are you even wanting to join in? Is what she does what you truly wanted to happen? You wanted her to shine or you wanted her for yourself? Did you like her being loved by others? Was she even thinking about you in any point of the whole time you spent on your own, while she enjoyed herself? Are you fine with how things are going?
I feel seen. I'm not happy how I handled this when it happened to me but it was a learning experience for sure. You don't know yourself until you're conflicted with stuff that your mind can't really deal with. I knew that I was quite insecure but I didn't know it was that bad.

Dex-chan lover
Marin still doesn't really understand Gojou's personality and the burden, or weakness, he's carrying. They are so different personalities, as well as they do work together for the sake of cosplaying. Naturally it also goes without saying that Gojou definitely doesn't understand Marin, but one might say expecting him to would be almost unreasonable; he's so introverted and socially isolated. Marin, however, is a social person, so her chances of comprehending Gojou's inner workings shouldn't be that insurmountably unlikely. I suppose it's basically her young age that doesn't give her the perspective to start to unravel his psyche to the degree she would need to. It would be nice if someone older could give her valuable advice. Gojou could also use advice, but he's not interacting with pretty much anyone, so who would he talk to?
Maybe his Grandpa would be able to help him out? While his Grandpa seems similar to him, he also seems a bit more knowledgeable in terms of socializing too. After all, he did somehow manage to have a child and a wife, so he at least has some experience in romance.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe his Grandpa would be able to help him out? While his Grandpa seems similar to him, he also seems a bit more knowledgeable in terms of socializing too. After all, he did somehow manage to have a child and a wife, so he at least has some experience in romance.
Perhaps, if Wakana actively sought advice from the granpa. But as it is, they are living in the same house, yet the grandpa hasn't even noticed the boy has social problems/insecurities. Now that Marin is visiting every now and then, the grandpa probably believes Wakana has everything under control and will be married young, without needing help from anyone.

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps, if Wakana actively sought advice from the granpa. But as it is, they are living in the same house, yet the grandpa hasn't even noticed the boy has social problems/insecurities. Now that Marin is visiting every now and then, the grandpa probably believes Wakana has everything under control and will be married young, without needing help from anyone.
I think the granpa is aware of Wakanas issues, after all he specifically told Marin to give him a lot of validation for this cosplay in the christmas chapters. And they had the talk about art and the way one can get lost in it.

Dex-chan lover
This might be me projecting my own past experiences with what is happening but, I cant help but feel a “relatableness” with Gojo: you felt like an outsider, you wanted to inspire your loved one (even if you werent aware of your feelings for that person) and it ends up biting you back, your loved one ends up garnering the attention of others and enjoys her time to the fullest, while you stayed outside, unable to join in, unable to enjoy with her, are you even wanting to join in? Is what she does what you truly wanted to happen? You wanted her to shine or you wanted her for yourself? Did you like her being loved by others? Was she even thinking about you in any point of the whole time you spent on your own, while she enjoyed herself? Are you fine with how things are going?

As I said, I might be projecting but I cant condemn Gojo. Dont get me wrong, Marin is 100 % a victim of Gojo’s bitterness and she is totally confused as to what is wrong with him to the point she doesnt want to approach him, and that makes her feel like complete and total shit, ruining her day, thanks to his behaviour.

Hopefully we can get more details by next chapter and not the writer getting Marin’s photos or some crap like that…
Oh, I don't wanna be pessimistic but that author is 1000% getting those photos and becoming obsessed with Marin, like that dumbass photographer

Dex-chan lover
I know this is stupid saying it here.....but I really wish the cosplay would take a backburner. I'm getting fed up with all this crap. I really liked the lets say first 15 chapters....then it when down hill from that. I know its more about cosplay......but I really REALLY dislike cosplay. And yes then I shouldn't read this manga but I just can't help myself.

Also I said it before, when is Gojou going to cut of his own ear? Not sure what it is with the really good artist/craftsmen but they are always so bloody mentally unstable 😑 then again being obsessive is a perk when making stuff... probably.

Dex-chan lover
did I miss a page? why gojo kun become gloomy like that
this is the person who wants to recreate haniel the most. he did it. he win the gold prize. man I don't understand how a winner of life thought. guess suffering from success do exist.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I must admit that it confuses me when people complain about chapters like this.
After a great arc of a craftsman making pretty much his Masterpiece, now we have an arc of the craftsman having to face for the first time the reality that people will not appreciate his efforts. The Model will be praised and beloved, but nobody asks for the Craftsman, and how that affects the relationship of the Craftsman and the Model.
It's quite an interesting and powerful subject to touch, and it'll be fascinating to follow.
But I guess people simply want quick and cheap romance...
ngl, I dont see gojou as a guy who wants to be recognized. he is the guy who see doll as beautiful and I am sure not a lot of people agree to what he likes on his entire life. and right now as this moment, the doll/dress he created shine the brightess with the woman he finds beautiful. I dont see him suddenly got all gloomy when his greatest work got recognized the most. I am more lean into something along like "he doesnt like his work" despite him giving the best.

but this is just me not understanding the pov of craftsman. since I always follow him around and this is not the first time people complimenting marin and only marin.

Dex-chan lover
c'mon man gojo my man. you arent those type of guys who would feel gloomy due to low self esteem right? well I dont mind you to be like that since you are human.

but you gotta know your worth. you are one of the capable MC, most romance mc out there only have "kind" as his traits. you on the other hand have this amazing dream, backing, and skill. you are the winner in life. stop with the self doubt and stand proud.

be the hero heck, it would be better if you act arrogant and haughty like "mwahaha my dress is the best and I make the beautiful girl become perfect!" its WAY BETTER in my book and you deserve to do it.

I am tired seeing this self esteem trope all the time. and I wish people with real skill dont have that. hey you, every one of you who has skill and have time to read this ramble comment. stand proud. I dont want you to get dejected by something irrelevant like low self esteem or overthinking about something unrelated to any of your works. if you think your skill is lacking, do it better. if you know someone skill is better than you, learn from them. good luck. I believe in you all to be the winner in life.

Dex-chan lover
I read it as 2 things.

1 he's upset because he feels as though his clothes and the effort he put in to create something he feels is great pales in comparison to Marin's charisma, which is understandably pretty crushing.

and 2 he's upset at his self perceived arrogance when he said he needed to make the costume "pretty enough so people still fall in love" with Marin's portrayal. Whereas now he feels disappointed in himself for thinking that way, because to him people will love Marin no matter the costume, resulting in him feeling angry at himself and feeling his efforts are wasted because Marin could make any costume shine.
this, I agree on point 2. I re-read chapter 99 and I see how he realized that people will still flock to marin even without his costume. but he didnt realize that marin wont be haniel at all without his costume. and I really didnt get how this blatant fact just goes away outside his brain. Man really need to be even more arrogant than he was, cause his skill checks out.

Dex-chan lover
oh anyway, kinda tired reading low self esteem mc. anyone know a series where the MC act like Zich from The Regressed Demon Lord is Kind? or Lloyd from the Greatest estate developer? thank you in advance.

Dex-chan lover
this is the person who wants to recreate haniel the most. he did it. he win the gold prize. man I don't understand how a winner of life thought. guess suffering from success do exist.
I'm not sure of the actual term for this, but it is really quite common. When you make something, you always try and make it better the next time. Well, Gojo just made his first magnum opus. It's literally the best he or anyone has done for this specific cosplay, and Marin played her role perfectly on top of that.

I bet part of his issue right now, is him questioning what happens from here? He already did something amazing, so he probably isn't aware that he still can improve more just yet. He feels like he completed everything, and now has nothing more to do. So will this partnership just end? Will Marin move on to bigger, professional stages?

Now don't get me wrong, this kind of thinking is 100% incorrect. He hasn't done his absolute best that he will ever do in his entire life, he just did his first. Second, it's his work that is being displayed, Marin is just the model here. But as she is also the face attached to the work, it is why she is (currently) getting all the attention.

He probably thinks that he is replaceable, which isn't exactly wrong if you go about it logically. Marin has a unique face, while his contribution is materialistic. But he is forgetting the other half of it, the emotional side, which isn't replaceable. He and Marin know each other well enough now to know what the other is more or less thinking about when it comes to cosplay design. No other person has that. So I would be shocked if Marin just ditches him for some studio that she isn't familiar with.

On the plus side, this is actually a pretty easy fix. If Gojo wants some recognition, then Marin can easily open that door for him. But what he really has to do is just keep doing what he does best, and always do his best without comparing it to his past works. Always trying to outshine past performances is one of the fastest ways to kill your desire to continue doing something artistic. Having some of it is good, as it stops you from getting stagnant, but having it be your only focus is toxic.

Great... Gojo being a massive downer after his girl's big event because of some unspoken nonsense. Somehow they wrap up the event and spend an entire train ride home without even acknowledging each other let alone having a conversation to clear up doubts.

So instead of a confession we get failure of communication/misunderstandings drama. I don't know why Japanese audience tolerates this trope. It's such a transparent way of dragging a story out and revolves around the characters being too shy and stupid to just have a freaking conversation. I get it, they're awkward teenagers. But didn't we do this arc already?

I give a romcom 100 chapters to cut the crap and make some genuine relationship progress, this one has failed to meet the bar. And it doesn't feel like a romance or a comedy any more in the recent chapters. I'm not going to bother continuing to read.

Users who are viewing this thread