Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 101

I don't think so. He hasn't shown interest in Marin over the last several tens of chapters. It was getting to the point when everyone in the comments were like 'where is my fluff' and 'they're losing the plot of Gojo and Marin'. If anything the last couple of dozen chapters have made him almost NOT see her as a love interest. He hasn't reacted to her like he used to and doesn't get 'excited' when they are alone together. The author has been driving a wedge alright but they've been doing so by making Gojo seem distant and not interested
He decided he must make a Haniel cosplay. He wanted something from that. He needed something from that. And the cosplay came out as good as it could be.

But Gojo did not get what he was expecting.

Be it from some detail on the cosplay (which I doubt), something about Marin during the photoshoot, or about how the photoshoot happened/progressed. I don't know.
It's not about the cosplay. He was obsessed because he believed he would get The Thing he needed once they started with the photos.

He didn't.

Dex-chan lover
Come on, man. Look, I know she seems so damn far away and receding at the speed of light... but she's closer than you might think.

Marin. Please, for his own good, just storm in there - you haven't seen him for a few days, right? That was enough in the past?

I am bargaining with fictional characters. That's what this chapter did to me.

Kind of want the artist to make a actual manga with a Haniel type character... I can't get enough of her

CZ

Kind of want the artist to make a actual manga with a Haniel type character... I can't get enough of her
I'm wondering if this arc is truly about Fukuda wanting to draw serious horror stories rather than light fluffy fan-service stories.

I'm with you on an actual manga as I'd love to see a real Mandate of Heaven.

Double-page supporter
Poor Gojo. He's a bit brittle, and has lived so long in a state of rejection. Hina dolls are what he truly is about, but he's been convinced that his devotion is abnormal or sick. He doesn't want to believe that, but it's made a mark on him. When we first see him, he lives in secrecy. Not just to avoid rejection, but in a way also to keep from being an offense to the people around him. There is a lot of self-loathing in him.

He has only just begun to gain some feeling of acceptance. He sees how the other cosplayers see themselves. Some of them had been very badly rejected by their families, and then were able to gain enough independence to be themselves again. Gojo sees some of himself in that kind of life, although at least he does not need to fear his family. His grandfather is very accepting and very much likes him and supports him which is great.

But now he's really confused. His relationship with Marin is unusual because a lot of it is kind of professional. He has a great devotion to finishing the things that he starts. And he becomes very emotionally involved and invested in the costumes that he is making. That intensity spills over into the way he relates to Marin personally, but he sees that relationship with the barrier of service. He does things for her at her request. He does them very well, and the two of them work together very well. But he uses that also to keep a barrier up so that he doesn't have to have a risky close and personal relationship with her. This is quite unlike the way Marin sees him. She is very personally honest with her feelings.

But the intensity that he just experienced has broken that barrier. And that's really threatening and frightening to him, instead of being a wonderful awakening. Because the personal relationship that he had back when he was a child made him vulnerable to being very badly hurt when that girl told him that he was a strange person for his devotion to the dolls. And now the possibility of a close personal relationship has come up again, and all that he can think of it is that it is a danger to him. Because that's all he knows.

This must be an intensely frightening time for him.

Really want to know how Gojou will handle all this. Fans can be... uncomfortably intense. But it doesn't feel like the story's going to expand to professional cosplaying, does it? I would be surprised at least - it would be a drastic departure from the wheelhouse so far. It would be awesome for him to get recognition that way from a more serious audience than just a small circle of cosplayers, though. Dude deserves it after pouring his heart and soul into that costume. Kitagawa as well, but I think she has less issue taking the spotlight. Hopefully it doesn't end with a confession and short epilogue or something.
If this ever go to professional cosplaying gojo will just be out of it , I don’t think he actually want to have anything to do with this kind of world . Gojo already knows that Marin was not boxing in the same category than him but now he probably realized that she could end up in a totally different world than him . He just doing thoses costume as a hobby/to help Marin but he didn’t want to be part of a professional world like this one and just want to make hina doll . If marin accepts or even is just being proposed by some agency to do pro cosplay gojo will make himself get out of the picture for marin sake thinking that’s she will be better off with professional tailor

Double-page supporter
If this ever go to professional cosplaying gojo will just be out of it , I don’t think he actually want to have anything to do with this kind of world . Gojo already knows that Marin was not boxing in the same category than him but now he probably realized that she could end up in a totally different world than him . He just doing thoses costume as a hobby/to help Marin but he didn’t want to be part of a professional world like this one and just want to make hina doll . If marin accepts or even is just being proposed by some agency to do pro cosplay gojo will make himself get out of the picture for marin sake thinking that’s she will be better off with professional tailor
I hadn't thought of that angle, but this is a valid interpretation. Also scary for him.

Double-page supporter
That last page of Gojo oh please don't give us drama. Thanks for the chapter as usual but this chapter didn't read as smooth as your usual... :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Maaan... I want to be that guy and tell him to get over himself... but this is actually a good story beat. He just sees himself as a supporter, a regular guy, a dude who likes to paint dolls, and Marin is basically becoming an idol. Sad to see my guy Gojo but please author don't stretch this out for 30 chapters where he talks about his feelings with every character in the manga except Marin

Users who are viewing this thread