Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 102

Dex-chan lover
The most obvious answer is probably that he feels that she's growing away from him and he'll not be relevant to her any more. But we've gotten jebaited before.
There's a lot of possibilities.

Perhaps he feels that they're growing apart.
Perhaps he realized that he doesn't want other people to look at her in that way.
Perhaps his poor self-image thinks she's elevating his work, and that his costumes are only impressive because of her natural charisma.

And for her part, after getting that offer to go professional, perhaps she realizes that it's something that she wants to do, but it may come at the cost of growing further from him (since we didn't see him get an offer). When she thinks to herself whether she'll be able to keep doing this with him forever, the dialogue bubble from the other person blocks out the important part of her thought.

And it's the kind of thing that could likely be sorted out by sitting down and having a single conversation. But on the other hand, they're teenagers. And perhaps more saliently, they're Japanese teenagers in a romance (or romance-adjacent) story.

Dex-chan lover
Also did anyone else notice the design on gramps and Wakanas coats? It looks like it was filled design instead of drawn. Not that I am complaining but it felt off a bit. Just me?
Probably one of those things that are lower priority and they take shortcuts for when trying to meet the regular deadlines, which they'll clean up/fix up for the volume releases (hence the hiatus)

Dex-chan lover
Gotta keep the drama going...

8RYo5aB.png
i mean yeah i don't like it either but i somehow doubt either of them would be willing to talk about what happened next to their parent/grandfather

Dex-chan lover
Trying to look at it through another perspective as well now. Like the Dad obvs doesn't have the whole context of the relation but him thinking she's taking advantage of Gojo had me for a sec like: "wait... is she actually though?"

Like she says she pays for the costumes but it has never been brought up (or maybe it was so long ago I've forgotten) it almost feels like she just pays for material costs and not the labor Gojo Puts in? And on top of that Gojo tends to go above and beyond so it'd be normal to be paying even more for these costumes for the labour and quality. They also feed her. And it's like: "haha it's fine I get experience and we are friends," but that would also theoretically not help much if you think about it. In terms of self esteem.

Like someone said he needs to confront his own inferiority complex and such with the girl who made fun if him before, and maybe that's the cousin that's coming over? But also like your work not being properly valued can be a factor in keeping some ideas ingrained in people. And again the ways that Marin has been the one getting the praise and all the attention while he sits in the sidelines. It may all have built up to that snap. She thinks he's back to normal also and just brushes I off but this chapter also felt rather distant in the atmosphere also.

Waiting will be a pain. I wanna see this progress. And again I may be misremembering if there was a chapter way back where they went over the payment rates but yeah.

Dex-chan lover
She looks pretty casual about it. But she's good at keeping a straight face.

Always apologise the first thing before figuring out the actual situation. Very Japanese. Also blaming your own children for everything and assuming the worst of them. Seen that more than enough in manga.

Just ignore his weird mood? Wasn't she, you know, interested in him? Just ask.

Angy Marin on page 9.

So she should be good at being a housewife because he wants it?

If you want homemade food, cook it yourself you lazy bum.

By the way, gramps is awesome. So chill.

He's quite tall.

Whoosh. Her father asked you to take care of her, and he wasn't just being polite. Well, that's expected.

I like this chapter. It's fresh after the recent arc.

Let's gooo, Marin's dad finally makes an appearance lol and he even approves of Gojou-kun to boot! Marriage when!?!!?
And that's about the only good thing about him.

He just finished the best cosplay ever, just for her personally, her reaction to it was rather flat and now when he VISIBLY is hurt and in pain and she knows he is feeling SOMETHING negative, she says "just ignore it, lol" "btw I got some nice offers! sheesh!"..
Yeah, that was weird. I expected her to at least be concerned but afraid to ask about it, but to just dismiss it like that strikes wrong.

It's so refreshing seeing a Dad not go insane at the mc and instead
...and instead go insane over his daughter. I'm not sure that's much better.

Younger rom-com fans have no idea how good we have it these days. In the 90's and 00's, you might never get any concrete resolution at all
Well, nowdays they just keep going until someone brings an axe, and then hack some kind of chopped ending to it. But I think it was just as much of a mixed bag back then as it is now. While there were lots of stories that never saw a proper end, a lot of them also had planned ends that didn't either drag out or end abruptly.

I too remember how every romcom was a harem and every ending was inconclusive aside from Love Hina. I remember being shocked when a couple's first kiss wasn't at the end of the entire damn series when they did finally get together. I mean...did Ranma and Akane finally kiss at the end of Ranma Half?
Love Hina had her treat him the same even after they got together. Mostly by habit, which she sometimes corrected herself. for. Ranma and Akane got conclusively together in all but form, I think. Kind of an "open end" the size of a pinhole.

I would think that was mostly because her father was around, people act differently around family.
That covers how she was acting, since she was very clearly much more restrained (and annoyed) than her normal self. But that shouldn't have affected her thoughts that much.

Users who are viewing this thread