Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Aggregator gang
I loved this series. Thank you translators.

I'll keep hoping you change your mind about dropping, but respect your decision as stated.

Good luck on whatever you pick up next.

Ganbatte~

Dex-chan lover
Welp, thanks translator for all this time but until someone else decides to translates this, this will be the ending for me. Thanks for ending it on a high note I guess

Fed-Kun's army
@ribbitribbitsaga

I'll reads this in aggregate sites then fuck "official" translations. Anybody worth their salt knows the author (and the artists, the assistants, etc) get a small cut.

Just to preface what I'm going to say, I don't pay for manga or anime.

While I am with you on reading in aggregate sites, you lost me on the small cut thing. Isn't getting a small cut from an official publisher better than getting literally nothing from scanlators? We're all thieves, what scanlators are doing is much worse than what official publishers are doing.

Not trying to put publishers on a pedestal, but scanlators shouldn't be either if we're considering what profit the original author gets from each source.

EDIT: I should also note that I have no idea how international publish (or any publishing for that matter ), royalties, licensing, etc. works. I'm just assuming that the author gets some sort of payment through official publishing.

Aggregator gang
@princeofcups

Well, if that is how you feel I suggest you never buy anything ever. This is how capitalism works. Do the engineers/programmers that did all the work designing your iPhone (or whatever) get a cut of every phone sale? No, they don't. I guess you shouldn't buy food either, because it doesn't directly support the farmer. The farmer sold their crops to some entity. That entity took that crop and then made it into something else which you then bought. So what? Like fuck grocery stores, man?

Awww official translations are so fucking slow. Thank you so far regardless. The art and story are godly as f

Dex-chan lover
@gartender
Difference being that scanlators get the same amount as the author (nothing), while publishers make big bucks.

Aggregator gang
@SleepyAbra

Don't worry about it. It doesn't have to make sense. People want manga, and don't want to pay for it. Therefore, they are directing their anger at the publisher while pretending that they have some kind of noble ideology in mind.

Although sometimes, publishers do a kind of "meh" job of translating things. I was reading the scanlations of Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, and then when I saw that there was an official English version so I switched to that. The scanlation has more in the way of translation notes and preserves the goofy-sounding names of the attacks (which I believe use English words, but sound silly if your native language is English—kind of like how Nissan has the "Fairlady Z", but in the English world it is just a "Z-car" because I think most people who speak English would find "Fairlady" a pretty weird name for a sports car). I prefer how the scanlators handled stuff like that, but the official translation isn't bad by any means.

Aggregator gang
FUCK 🥺 Im gon a miss going on here and discussing with everyone, thanks for everything translators 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
Man... Why can't you guys be based and translate it anyway? Why bro?

I hope some other group picks it up quickly. I'm not going to pay for an inferior product that will take over a year to become relevant to me.

Aggregator gang
Thank you Moe Panda.

I already bought volume 1, and I'll keep buying them as they come out. Maybe if it's successful Square Enix will get off their lazy asses and translate faster!

inb4 the official release uses this scanlation's dialogue

Either way, in this comment section, salt is a way of life. Thanks for all y'all's hard work, and I hope to see you in another series!

Gal gohan ends.
This one is dropped.
Fuufu ijou takes months to update.
I AM QUARANTINED BROS I NEED MORE NOT LESS ;-;
REEEEEEEEEEEE
Btw any good recommendations for this kind on mangas?

I actually want to buy this Manga and continue the story but I'm probably not going to because it's going to be a long time for the official English release to catch up. I don't have the attention span to reread and wait months for the next volume. I would rather just read something else. If there was something like bookwalker but for weekly/month Manga chapters, I would do that for sure.

All the people whining, wow.

Preordered the first 3 volumes already, Vol. 1 was great to reread.

Thanks a lot for your work, scanlators! You did a great job

Dex-chan lover
Lmao it’ll be funny if the next chapters begins with him quickly opening his blood shot eyes and did hear

Oh well too bad

お疲れ様でした!

I have physical copies of the raws (plan to pick up volume 5 when it comes out later this month), so I don't feel the need to get physical copies of the translation, but I'll definitely pick up digital copies if they decide to do Kindle & comiXology bundles!

Users who are viewing this thread