Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta - Vol. 12 Ch. 102

Supporter
Girl wants to kiss her boyfriend. I don't think she's taking lessons from Anjou or anything.

I think a lot of Kaede's hesitation regarding moving forward in the relationship is due to his upbringing. He's got a single mother and we're not sure if his father died or is just a deadbeat, but it's clear it's just been him and his mother for a long time. It's obvious she loves him very much and takes care of him, but he hasn't had a father figure in his life for quite some time (if ever). He matured quite differently, likely in an effort to not make more work for his mother. It just seems like he went through life trying to cause as little trouble as possible and didn't think that he deserved all that much. But now that he has everything he could want, he doesn't know how to properly process it all. He's got a girlfriend he loves that loves him. How does he rationalize all of a sudden he's got something he may have thought he would never have?

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the subject. Like his mother always says, he's a good kid. He just seems to be a bit emotionally stunted. Meanwhile Ai has had two parents and a "normal" upbringing.
He just had this incredibly narrow definition of what constituted a "good kid" and it's long past time he shed all that. Heaven knows, his mom's been trying to drag him out of it for ages to no avail. She got help now.

Supporter
First. Kaede, explode.
Second. For real, explode.
Third. Is author saying something to the readers?
GWIpHGX.png
Way too narrow a definition of "good kid".

Sad that Vol 12 will be the last volume, which means we only have about 7 chapters left.

Dex-chan lover
So when she said she had more she wanted to do, she just wanted him to say her name... So pure.
My first thought was, it's probably something pure and wholesome like saying they love each other more or holding hands but motherfuckers on the internet are gonna be degenerates about it.

Dex-chan lover
I get bored with many sacarine series because I feel nothing is happening. So I don't get why this series never dissapoints me.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why, but her stretching on the painting page is cute.

Parents are greeting.
"Let's head elsewhere."
I feel that.

Ok I get that they're in middle school but i see this trope come up a lot with older casts as well; do the japanese actually get flustered over using first names like this? It seems odd to me, but that's probably just cultural differences being cultural differences.
I think the reactions are cute, especially the reversal, but the premise is kinda dumb, different culture or not. Not that there aren't any Western cultural ideas that I find dumber.

Dex-chan lover
Ok I get that they're in middle school but i see this trope come up a lot with older casts as well; do the japanese actually get flustered over using first names like this? It seems odd to me, but that's probably just cultural differences being cultural differences.
Using someone's first name is usually a privilege for family members and close friends of the same sex, so I imagine calling someone of the opposite sex, e.g. your boyfriend/girlfriend, means you want to get closer to them to the point of forming a family of your own in the future. At least that's my interpretation of the hidden implication, anyway, but it's definitely something within Japanese culture. I can't think of other countries that would have these same unspoken social rules.

Users who are viewing this thread