Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Breakfast With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
since I became self-conscious of how mangakas glorify japanese food I can't read a fucking chapter without thinking something like: ma'am you're knight not a slave there's no way you NEVER ate soup nor any fish with fat. Also miso soup is MID

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You have to remember, in her world the most common fish is apparently incredibly unpleasant, so she likely avoided eating it as much as she could. Which means she likely has no real experience with eating fish to begin with, adding onto the fact that something like salmon is very unfamiliar to her.

Dex-chan lover
"Fruit salad is a dish consisting of various kinds of fruit, sometimes served in a liquid, either their juices or a syrup. In different forms, fruit salad can be served as an appetizer or a side as a salad.

"There are many types of fruit salad, ranging from the basic (no nuts, marshmallows, or dressing) to the moderately sweet (Waldorf salad) to the sweet (ambrosia salad)." -Wikipedia.

You don't just find salads in the ground, lol. Are you maybe confusing the word salad with lettuce? Tomatoes go in normal salad, not fruit salads.
ie. ruccola sallad, or in english, arugula, is one salad you can find in the ground. Another word for salad is indeed lettuce.
but yes, I were misremembering caesarsallad/greeksallad to be called by the collective name fruitsallad (had to google the actual ingredients to find the real names).

One of the simplest sallads I know is the pizzasallad, which is made using chopped whitecoalssallads (english name for that is cabbage) mixed with vinegar, oil, pepper and salt.

Dex-chan lover
But tomato is a fruit, tho?

most ppl put tomatoes in fruit salads tho? Isn't the norm something like salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, chicken, a specific brand of cheese, and oil? Except remove the chicken to make it fruit salad instead of chicken salad.
That's not a fruit salad tho, it's just... A salad.

Dex-chan lover
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
^I read there somewhere on the internet.
A tomato in a fruit salad is just salsa.

has the author never seen how people eat fish with forks before?
what he depicted quite literally never happens wtf
I think it's adorable when easterners can't into forks. Seen that happen more than once, and it's so funny. I bet it's how they feel watching us struggle with chopsticks.

Dex-chan lover
No, a normal salad is something such as iceberg salad. Or ruccola salad. You find them in the ground, and they will reproduce if planted.

No, that's lettuce, the primary ingredient in most green salads (for anyone else that's not familiar, I had to look up "ruccola" to find that it's an alternate term for arugula). "salad" is the combination of veggies and fruits and whatnot itself. It might have lettuce, it might not. It might have fruit, it might not. It might even have neither in it in some instances.

A salad can have fruit in it, but not all salads with fruit are "fruit salads". A fruit salad is traditionally composed entirely of fruit (at least what people traditionally think of as fruit, not counting technical fruits like tomatoes)

Dex-chan lover
Alright, seems like the author decided to make the knight from another world have a Japanese culture by default, where she blushes for no reason, bows to excuse herself and is ashamed of... not eating cleanly? Oh well, it could have been a good one but it looks like it won't...

Tju

Dex-chan lover
I'm still waiting for this series to do something unique. right now its basically a clone of 'Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken' just with a different art style.

Dex-chan lover
We really got an entire chapter overhyping japanese cooking wit hthe bonus of overhyping japanese tableware, worse, what he cooked could barely be described as "japanese cooking" like, that's what i do in the weekends whenever i find some cheap salmon wtf, i'm glad i enjoy the art else this manga would've been dropped already
Just you wait until we get to the raw fish chapter. Every Japanese author gotta include that and goes that’s the best thing in existence.

Dex-chan lover
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put tomatoes in a fruit salad.
^I read there somewhere on the internet.
But what if you make a tomato salad?
Alright, seems like the author decided to make the knight from another world have a Japanese culture by default, where she blushes for no reason, bows to excuse herself and is ashamed of... not eating cleanly? Oh well, it could have been a good one but it looks like it won't...
I don't think I've ever seen a manga correctly depict foreign cultures. No, forget about correct, they usually fail to depict foreign culture at all. If you're lucky, they'll include a strange village custom, like, idk, linking arms with someone of the opposite sex = marriage proposal or something like that.
Worst offender to that are mangas that have their setting in a different country than Japan, real or fantasy alike.

Dex-chan lover
If it's solid enough to be eaten with chopsticks, you can also scoop it with a fork. That's why they're curved. Author's tripping balls.

Or maybe "Random Japanese farmer has absolutely negative clue about anything not to do with farming or Japan" is what they're going for.

Dex-chan lover
No, that's lettuce, the primary ingredient in most green salads (for anyone else that's not familiar, I had to look up "ruccola" to find that it's an alternate term for arugula). "salad" is the combination of veggies and fruits and whatnot itself. It might have lettuce, it might not. It might have fruit, it might not. It might even have neither in it in some instances.

A salad can have fruit in it, but not all salads with fruit are "fruit salads". A fruit salad is traditionally composed entirely of fruit (at least what people traditionally think of as fruit, not counting technical fruits like tomatoes)
I already mentioned this, but I were mixing up the words caesar/greek sallad with fruit sallad.

ps: lettuce is just another word for sallad, it's why both lettuce and sallad translates to the same word.

Users who are viewing this thread