Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Breakfast With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
Man I love this forum. Someone literally ask the important question and the whole forum starts discussing about it :kek:

Dex-chan lover
She's almost having an orgasm cuz of eating white rice, Fish soup, Onions, Garnish, meat and veggies?

Dex-chan lover
Nowadays all the fiasco about "Japanese food" feels like a secret propaganda program to brainwash people into believing japanese culture is the world's finest /s

Dex-chan lover
I don't even like fish and can eat it cleanly with a fork. It's really not that hard... Author, wtf?

Dex-chan lover
since I became self-conscious of how mangakas glorify japanese food I can't read a fucking chapter without thinking something like: ma'am you're knight not a slave there's no way you NEVER ate soup nor any fish with fat. Also miso soup is MID
Miso soup is MID
YOU'RE MID
It's decent, not mid nor great

Dex-chan lover
They need to go to the other world or she needs to start doing some heroics in MCs world. Otherwise, she might as well just be a neighbour or co-worker or classmate. So generic.
The point is that she is someone who doesn't know anything about this world and is discovering everything for the first time. That kind of thing wouldn't work with a neighbour/co-worker/classmate.

Dex-chan lover
People talking about the cliche of an isekai character raving about how japanese food is god tier.

It's a good thing the first thing this character didn't eat was shiokara

(FYI Shiokara is fermented fish guts and or squid. Smells to high heaven, tastes like salt and death, and is only consumed by the most hardcore Japanese)

LMAO

Dex-chan lover
Nowadays all the fiasco about "Japanese food" feels like a secret propaganda program to brainwash people into believing japanese culture is the world's finest /s
It absolutely is. Another series I'm reading had an entire freaking volume dedicated to acclaiming ramen as the greatest food there could ever be in any country in any world. The whole fantasy and exploration ceased for an entire. Freaking. Volume. I hope the author got paid well from Japanese Tourist Board for that very long advert.

Dex-chan lover
It absolutely is. Another series I'm reading had an entire freaking volume dedicated to acclaiming ramen as the greatest food there could ever be in any country in any world. The whole fantasy and exploration ceased for an entire. Freaking. Volume. I hope the author got paid well from Japanese Tourist Board for that very long advert.
Even Yakitate Japan doesn't do this

Dex-chan lover
I wish us Vietnamese can do the same, but it's just a dream.

Supporter
No, a normal salad is something such as iceberg salad. Or ruccola salad. You find them in the ground, and they will reproduce if planted.
Lettuce is a component of salad, not a salad itself. Next you'll tell me arugula is a rocket.

Dex-chan lover
Please, don't lump feha with those shaved apes unless you have solid proof.
Haha, okay fair. I relent.
Coming from another language (which was why I know it under the name "ruccola"), I had no idea what that referred to and even missed that it was a reference to anything and thought he just picked some random word xD
But googling I get loads of results, including wikipedia explaining that it's supposedly the same plant, one being "commonwealth english", and the other american? and fun fact, apparently the name "rocket" derives from the Italian word "ruchetta" or "[B]rucola[/B]", which in turn is apparently a diminutive from the lating name ("eruca"). (and no, I'm not italian)
TIL

Didn't manage to find any references to why rocket is considered an inferior name, though? Would love any explanations regarding that rivalry (or if it's a meme or whatever).

ps: @elan, already mentioned it higher up, but salad and lettuce are homonyms/synonyms. Somewhat unsure if that holds true in english too (google does suggest so at least (ie. "salad greens"), which is why I keep using it. But few 'official' dictionaries confirm, particularly if I remove(#2) the word 'green'), but it does in a fair number of languages at least.

Users who are viewing this thread