Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Breakfast With The Female Knight

Dex-chan lover
Wait. Using fork for fish is like standard for the rest of the world though? And is he implying using chopsticks is easier for eating in any shape or form? Also as said above, selection of food on that table is pretty mid. Nothing to orgasm over.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Alright, seems like the author decided to make the knight from another world have a Japanese culture by default, where she blushes for no reason, bows to excuse herself and is ashamed of... not eating cleanly? Oh well, it could have been a good one but it looks like it won't...
Hey when you’re a knight on the battlefield the most important part is to eat cleanly! Peasants I say!

Dex-chan lover
We really got an entire chapter overhyping japanese cooking wit hthe bonus of overhyping japanese tableware, worse, what he cooked could barely be described as "japanese cooking" like, that's what i do in the weekends whenever i find some cheap salmon wtf, i'm glad i enjoy the art else this manga would've been dropped already
Yea I honestly don’t think this would be the kind of meal a noble from the medieval period would find incredible. Pretty sure the real reaction she would actually have is “oh he’s poor. Guess some grass and one piece of unsatisfying meat is all he can muster.”

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lol author just going hard with the superior japanese cuisine stuff, like some of its other works

This Tomato stuff, think is due to some rule in Japan because it went to court, and i think US have it too? where is if it grow in a tree then is a fruit, if it grow in a field or herbaceous, then is a vegetable, Japan count stuff like Strawberries and Melons as vegetables too

Last edited:
Wait. Using fork for fish is like standard for the rest of the world though? And is he implying using chopsticks is easier for eating in any shape or form? Also as said above, selection of food on that table is pretty mid. Nothing to orgasm over.
She just doesn't know how to fork.
Agreed it really isn't something to agonize over, but it's not impossible to eat it 'cleanly' with a fork either.

Dex-chan lover
On top of everything else, the clown-fucker writing this series insists that tomato is a vegetable.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She just doesn't know how to fork.
Agreed it really isn't something to agonize over, but it's not impossible to eat it 'cleanly' with a fork either.
She didn’t have any problem using fork in chapter 3. She questioned and didn’t understand the chopsticks but didn’t say anything about the fork and spoon and used both of them without issues. This makes the whole situation just weird.

Contributor
I'm enjoying this. If some people complaining about mundane stuff here and there still haven't realized yet, this is a slow life SoL series. It's even in the synopsis. Glorifying food and cooking in a manga about a farmer growing food in the countryside is, of course going to be a thing.

I see little point in nitpicking all the small stuff shown here, but I will criticize it for things like whiplash inducing forced drama that otherwise wreck the status of this as a comfy read, which I believe it is supposed to be, and so far hasn't happened, thankfully enough.

Dex-chan lover
I wanna see someone invert this trope. The reverse-isekai character tries japanese food and it's the worst thing they've ever tasted. An isekai'd character tries teaching the locals japanese cuisine and it's garbage. This trope wastes so many pages in so many different manga and it never has any kind of payoff.

Dex-chan lover
This trope wastes so many pages in so many different manga and it never has any kind of payoff.
At this point I say, without fear of error, that this trope and many of the others that we find in manga (such as the constructive function of alcohol and even of drunkenness) are not merely formulae used by lazy writers but are deliberate messaging to readers, beginning in their childhoods, about what to believe without second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread