Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 13 Ch. 53 - The Spirit Turtle's Familiar (Human Form)

I'm completely lost on what's happening now. I think I started losing track of what was happening after the big battle during the last wave.

Dex-chan lover
@eahthatsright33 You and me both. I mostly read it because Naofumi shitting on other heroes is still entertaining.

Dex-chan lover
Nani? Have this character appeared before or their first meeting was off screen?

@Xystus She showed up and fought the MC and other heroes back during that sea invasion that had ships n stuff.
Basically showed the other heroes that they were worthless and Naofumi was the only one actually doing something.

Group Leader
Just FYI for the translator it's "Zwei" and not "Zewi". It was probably a typo but I just felt like being a GN.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, thanks guys. It was ch48 where she made her first contact. Quite brief, no wonder I don't remember much 😅

Can someone please explain what's happening?

I lost track of the story after the last wave

Dex-chan lover
@Gabcro03 Basically, the other heroes got really pissy that they are such useless heroes, but they refused to accept they themselves are the reason why they suck ass. On some level, the last wave did give them a humble pie and they were willing to train... but they trained the same way they did before(i.e. level-grinding), rather than getting proper weapons training. When they were told otherwise by the Queen and the old Martial Arts lady, they got pissed and wanted to be free of their obligations to Melronmarc so they can go elsewhere. She gave them a deal... help them deal with this parasitic threat(which were familiars spawned by the spirit turtle via those cores you see on their bodies) and they are free to go where they want. However, instead of ACTUALLY helping by letting the Queen know of their knowledge, they decided to continue their belief they can win because they are sufficiently leveled.
That woman who is telling Naofumi to kill her? She is basically a human representation of the Spirit Turtle. If the Spirit Turtle dies, so does she.
Spoiler territory now
In the games they played, there is an event which consisted of a giant turtle that would rampage through the countryside. Normally, such an event is easy to win because they were higher level than the characters they used in the game(lvl 70 vs. lvl 80), so why wouldn't it be easy with THREE chosen heroes? It wasn't. They released the turtle by destroying the three other sealing stones and got their asses completely handed to them. This event basically broke their minds/sanity. So, for those who truly wanted to see Karma hit the other heroes like a freight train? This is the start of it all.

Double-page supporter
@Gabcro03

So, after last wave, all heroes but shield were seen as useless. Rishia, the bookish girl that wears the animal costumes, joins the shield hero party after being kicked out of bow part by bow hero via an elaborate frame up that he was aware off all bc he was being petty she was being recognize for helping more during the wave then he. Everyone was told to train with trainers, this where granny and Eclair come in, rather then simply rely in just their weapons, shield agrees, Rishia is noted for being weak but having talent in grannies Chi martial arts. the other 3 are haughty about training and after trying a few days grow annoyed and want to quit, queen gives ultimatum follow country policies or do your job then leave/cut all ties if u want. Having grown petty and jealous they break out of the country and go towards the turtle using game knowledge in order to subjugate it and gain recognition, they fail drastically. shield is tasked to investigate the then unknown turtle familiars (parasites that use others being to incubate more familiars) monsters and disappeared heroes. As he sets out, Ost; the turtle familiar lady, ask shield to take her down and then promptly disappears. Turtle fully awakens, destroys a few countries on its way to Melromac. Shield catches up to turtle and investigates.
Light novel differs a little from the manga here, in the LN shield fought the turtle and with his party they were the ones that decapitated turtle getting even more recognition and praise from the coalition army they also show more of his abilities, shields and spells he has mastered alongside the growth of his party
manga they simply find it already decapitated, whom did it is hidden in an earlier chapter and can be missed if one doesn't pay attention.
once turtle is down they decide to form different search parties and investigate the turtle inside and out looking for a direct route inside.

P.S:
the heroes IN THE WEB NOVEL were the ones that unleash the turtle in order to be the ones to solve the problem, however in the LN and manga this is not the case for the turtle moving, in the earlier chapters the turtle had already began to move before the 3 heroes began to move. As to what happens to the rest of their parties, some run away, some die others betray their hero. Ost, the turtle familiar, can be thought of us the Soul of the turtle in human shape that helps fulfill the role of the turtle, that being collect souls to power itself in order to protect the world, passively or directly. this goes on hand with the message left behind and what Fitora says. However something has been done and she can no longer fulfill her role so she instead ask shield to take her out

More spoilers after the Spoilers, how the arc will likely go based on Light Novel not Web Novel.
Turtle, if based out of the Light Novel and not the WN as it has been following so far, will be controlled by a guy named Kyo, a hero from another world, has taken over the turtle to collect energy for his own plans, the power of the turtle once it reaches a certain point would have otherwise stopped the waves completely, her power being used up for something else is the reason Ost ask to be taken down.. as the Shield hero is investigating the turtle Regens its head and begins marching/fighting again. shield party decapitates it a few more times until they can make it stick long enough to go into the turtle and kill it in 2 places at the same time, heart and mind. in there they find Glass's group, almost fighting they explain their weapons spirits asks them to take out Kyo as his actions are deemed unlawful via their weapons. having the same goal they team up, fight inside the turtle to get to Kyo, Find the the 3 heroes bound and used as batteries while unconscious. Protags cant beat kyo as he is using the energy siphoned from the turtle, that is until Rishia fully takes him on using the chi martial arts she has been learning from granny. Kyo is defeated but he escapes with the energy of the turtle to his own world, Ost dies but she is sucked into shield unlocking a new shield. Energy is needed in this world so Shield, Raph, Filo and Rishia go trough the wave into Kyo's world with Glass's party, as it is Glass's party original world. Shield hero isnt allowed to leave but is granted especial permission via his weapon to do so. and end arc/ Start of new Arc

side details after reading the second spoilers with spoilers for future Ars.
Side details u may be curious about, bow heroes party leave him in a silver platter in order to cover their own escape, Swords party flat out dies following Ren, Spear's party simply leaves him when they realized it was suicidal, Bitch will be alive and continue to use and manipulate the other 2 heroes as he did with Spear and by doing so will betray all 3 so harshly that all 3 fall into such despair that they all unlock their own curse series aside of Wrath. In Glass's world it is learn that the waves are the result of 2 worlds merging together plus both worlds not being able to sustain the increased mass and leads to both worlds collapsing under their own combined weight. there were theories that the by killing the holy heroes one can hasten and kill their wold assuring the other world surviving, glass and Larc belong to a subset of heroes were anyone can become a hero as long as the weapon tied to that world chooses them to be so but are also weaker then the main holy weapons however these have the liberty to move trough the wave into another world as they are not linchpins as the holy weapons are they also exist in both worlds just in different names, Fitora is the hero of the Cart, Raph becomes a hero in the other world katana hero, Hammer hero in WN.

So, let me see if I understood correctly: the gal that gave the heroes so much of grief in the 2nd wave was just trying to get a suicide by cop... er, hero? That is a interesting twist...

That said, I assume that the 3 stooges, after releasing the turtle, were given a nice trashing by the turtle ( turtle form ) ;) .Most likely they haven't died, but I can't see them taking this defeat lightly. But that said.... who defeated the turtle ( turtle form ) ?

P.S Now that I read a previous post, I think I remember who decapitaded the turtle ( turle form ). But there is still a lot to explain about all of this ...

Users who are viewing this thread