Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari ~Dantoudai kara Hajimaru, Hime no Tensei Gyakuten Story~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Fed-Kun's army
@OraOraApril19
I meant the way the author is making her "get" everyone on her side. If she is merely being herself and not pretending and is just expressing her interests then why didn't she do these things in her past life ? in her past life she didn't connect with anyone via her hobbies and now all of a sudden she is interested in so many things and everyone likes her? It's too much into the cliché "heroine is spontaneous and everyone loves her and she doesn't even realise it"

@akera93 Well the main reason is just because of the hobbies she would of had back then. During her time at school she simply wasn't interested in books because at that time she hadn't read any story books since she had yet to be put in the dungeon. One can assume her main hobby in the first timeline would be that of eating sweets and such, and in that case the people who surround her simply because she's the princess, (fake friends basically) would be the majority of the people who surround her since it's a much more superficial hobby in comparison to reading books. There's also the fact that her reputation was absolutely abhorrent in timeline 1 due to the events at the ball and the suspicion over her kidnapping the "heroine" which meant nobody really decent would want to be her friend outside of people vying for power. As for other events like her saving lives and helping people it's stated directly in the manga that it isn't simply her "being herself" but her "running from the guillotine". There are events like when she condemns people for ganging up on an individual but even that is directly caused by her first life, where she experienced that sort of abuse, rather then something that she always had. Outside of that though for the most part every person she directly helps such as the heroine for example is due to the fact that her maid views her as a saint, and as such she would feel incredibly guilty due to these high expectations. Similarly the plague prevention along with helping the poor was directly due to wanting to avoid the guillotine. In her first life she had absolutely no motivation to help people and as such got a horrible reputation, meanwhile in this one she has a direct reason to help people, which in turn causes more people to like her, making her very popular

MD@Home
@akera93, it because in her previous life, her hobbies are tea party and spending like crazy, she picks up reading and stuff after she was in prison, maybe the manga doesn't touch on this but it was laid out in the LN, she only takes up reading after reading the maid's sister story when she has nothing to do in prison, then fall in love with reading, she took up horse riding because, in case of emergency, she can get out of dodge, also because her love interest is in horse riding club.

can someone tell me what volume and chapter of the light novel comes next? I really want to read ahead.

Dex-chan lover
Can't get over how Mia is still selfish and all about her own benefit and happiness while inadvertently saving herself through that same selfishness that got her killed because she's picking better hobbies to be selfish with XD

@8yuri8 I don't remember the precise chapter but we're still in volume 1. I believe that we're at roughly the halfway point? Maybe a bit after that. We've still got at least one more 'arc' so to say before we hit the end of Volume 1. An official translation of Volume 3 is going to be available in less than a week too, so look forward to that (even if you get it with the help of a personal jolly roger :p )

@Akera93 Oh she did connect with other people via her hobbies in her past life. The problem is that until she was in prison (by which point the only friend she got to make was Anne who visited her) her hobbies were bullying the out-baron girl, having people flatter her, getting everything she wanted, and not putting any thought or care into things other than her. The sorts of friends she made as a result were the people who were only her friends because of her position, something that a revolution in your country kinda makes a problem with. Heck, I can't remember if it's been discussed in the manga yet but
during the revolution not only did all of her 'friends' abandon her, many of them even ratted on her for their own personal gain
. Another thing to consider, the people who Mia spent the most effort trying to be friends with were Shion and Rafina, both of whom were put off severely by her actions (bullying) and inaction (letting other nobles get away with bullying). Heck, Mia didn't care to get to know Abel in her first life because he was the 2nd son (so less influential), had a shittier personality (since he wasn't trying to better himself for Mia), and was a farther off country so she didn't put a lot of stock in him.

Double-page supporter
Mia is still a stupid, selfish little scamp. She's just doing what she can to avoid Robespierre.

Though I think with Abel and now Chloe, she is showing some signs of growth.

Contributor
@FStubbs
While the road to hell is paved with good intentions, it's my belief that a good life is built on good actions, regardless of their intention.

Double-page supporter
Wow, for once her motivations are completely in line with what the person's impression of her is.

her "acquiring allies" feels so natural, I love it :D She's pretty stupid but her actions are all good and kind, so she's attracting the right type of people

Group Leader
@konaka mentally i’m imagining that dry, old japanese narrator-uncle voice, intoning those snippets punctuated by a shishi-odoshi

tumblr_o4vy10I7HK1ta9suso1_500.gifv

@FStubbs she's stupid but she was never evil. She's just spoilt and ignorant. Which was pretty realistic for a princess unfortunately in the previous timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread