Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari - Vol. 6 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
everyone praising mia but let's not forget she couldnt think of anything but cakes and guillotine-chan to save her life.

Dex-chan lover
The best description of Mia I've heard is, "She doesn't have a bad bone in her body, even if some of them are chicken bones."

Honestly, the fact that she doesn't want bad things to happen (to her), stays out of the way of her competent people when she gives them orders, and has the ability to know where she went wrong the last time (via her diary, but still) makes her a pretty good ruler already.

This is one of the downsides to the manga imo. The LN does say she is smart in certain regards, she’s just increased self centred that she does dumb stuff and doesn’t think things through

Mia perceives herself to be self-centered.
Mia thinks: "I was denied a second chance... but this time, I'll give it! I'll give out so many! Everyone gets a second chance!" in the context of getting revenge against those who denied her forgiveness by literally forgiving Echard. And we already know that the one who decided that she shouldn't have one in the original timeline was Sion.
Honestly, her own thoughts betray her own perceptions of herself. The only person who really knows her character well enough to asses how "selfish" she is is... original timeline Ludwig.

the manga and the LN are quite similar, but I will say the LN has much more of the narrator and some of the thoughts of the characters. You have it quite more often of the narrator going at it with Mia and the stuff she does, such as building her up as some super genius the world has never seen, to then quickly bring you back to reality. If you want to read it, I recommend J-Novel Club's translation since it's really well done

The Syosetu WN translation by Fan Translations is quite far behind too (further back than the J-Novel Club translation of the LN). The WN is already at it's 8th story arc (LN 11 is the end of story arc 4, and LN 13 was basically released a month and a half ago).

Group Leader
Mia perceives herself to be self-centered.
Mia thinks: "I was denied a second chance... but this time, I'll give it! I'll give out so many! Everyone gets a second chance!" in the context of getting revenge against those who denied her forgiveness by literally forgiving Echard. And we already know that the one who decided that she shouldn't have one in the original timeline was Sion.
Honestly, her own thoughts betray her own perceptions of herself. The only person who really knows her character well enough to asses how "selfish" she is is... original timeline Ludwig.

The Syosetu WN translation by Fan Translations is quite far behind too (further back than the J-Novel Club translation of the LN). The WN is already at it's 8th story arc (LN 11 is the end of story arc 4, and LN 13 was basically released a month and a half ago).
Had no clue that the WN was so far a head. I do want to click that spoiler, but I’ve paused reading at volume 8 so not going to open it.

Dex-chan lover
mia isnt misunderstanding the guard at all, it was his true feelings lmao

Dex-chan lover
Dion must've gotten that Miaitis good if he still hasn't figured out what a klutz she is. But then, he got infected by the dude who has it worst of everyone, lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I thought the hairpin was all just a ploy by that other noble and the kid was paid off by him or something...
No, the other noble noticed the hairpin she was already wearing and commissioned another one in an effort to get her involved.

Honestly I don't think the author is giving Mia enough credit. She is self serving but she is not stupid as the author/narrator describes her action. Just establishing contact would be enough so I don't really understand why the guard would be irked by doing "just that", also Mia knows the situation implicantion like when she apologized about the tree and how overall she behaved. No spoiled, brain rot princess would be so polite or actually proposing reasonable solution.
yeah, objectively Mia is smart and emotionally intelligent sometimes, and she would already be set straight to the guillotine if it wasn't for the fact she has been putting genuine effort into avoiding the situation

but on another hand it's funny having the narrator dissing her since in canon everyone gives her an undeserved amount of credit for everything good that happens on the planet, so having a narrator that usually serves an impartial role be so done with it all is unexpected which equals funny

but on the other hand, Mia is my favorite little gremlin and deserves praise, but since the narrator is funny I can forgive him as long as he says Sasuga Mia-sama 100 times as repentance 😤

Dex-chan lover
And caught up.

Is Mia the secret love child of Bakarina and Sheriff Evans? 'Cause honestly, that makes more sense than some of the misunderstandings in any of these three series.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I can't believe we're still in the early half of volume 2 of the LN. goes to show just how densely packed this series is that even when pictures say a thousand words, you can certainly stretch things out.
The author did mentioned that he's writing this series with each volume serves as a season/movie in mind...

Users who are viewing this thread