Group Leader
@blackgeneral
That feels, hit me so hard.
ead8c771ad7048a85b918be44d7ad8d7.gif

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@BlackGeneral
You better be crying wolf, or i'll buy a ticket to France and smack you with a baguette, because i can't tell when it's a shitpost and when you're serious. Even if we're just strangers on the internet, i can assure you that nothing is lost, interesting things will only happen if you set them in motion, not the other way around, the proability of that happening is too low.
Want to share with me some Gao?

@2252020 High fives are given for achievements otherwise they are just a hand clap, they have no meaning. What you @BlackGeneral need to do right now is try hard to earn that high five and then it will feel amazing. Look at the good part, in your situation it doesn't seem you have anything else left to lose. Therefore, you can do anything.
So why hesitate? Just do the first thing you wanted to do. If you fail you will lose at most your life (if you were to do building parkour or stuff), but it doesn't seem like you would particularity care anyway.

In my case I could never risk as much, since I still want to live at least 50 more years from now on. I have so much stuff that I still want to do and I haven't done yet. And I am terrified that when my time comes to die, I will still want to live since there is so much stuff left to do or experience. 😥

Staff
Super Moderator
@2252020
they posted on the "Your firsts" thread that they tried to recruit you into his cult with a friend invite and you rejected them. It was pretty funny.

Staff
Super Moderator
This isn't a shitpost.
I think i'm suffering from burnout, it doesn't help that my perception of time is a little warped, because i always feel like the next event are right at the corner when in fact there is plenty of time to prepare, this happens a lot, "Oh, you have to enter the school platform at 9:00am? Fret naught, for I (my body) will wake up at 6:30am, what's that? You went to bed at 11:30pm and now your head hurts because you didn't get enough sleep hours? Silly boi, that's nonesense" and so, i live in constant anxiety over the approaching events, it doesn't matter what it is or even if it's important.

The reason of why i think i'm exhausted is that i've been preparing for my university entrance exam since september of last year, i went to cram school every weekend and to school in the afternoon, not bad at that point, i'm used to it, but then, 2020 strikes, everything is good the first few months, you know, US almost goes to war against another country, Amazon and australian fires, that new virus that totally will not be of concern... Until march arrives and as a birthday present, the world decides i should stop going out of my house, quarantine is in session.

From this point onwards i'm like "Welp, nothing i can do about it", luckily i was also in an online course for the exam, so i'm not that worried, the school homework was done with my team and it wasn't that bad, "when we get out of quarantine, the exam will be easy!" I thought, that is until the quarantine extends, and the exam gets delayed... and again, and again and again. I've lost the count of how many times the exam has been delayed, i think it has been 4 times, it is now on August and hopefully it will stay there. I've been sitting in my ass for the past months attending online class, doing mock exams, failing 2 subjects, having to run through them again with the risk of not making it and wasting all of my effort.

My mom told me that she would give me 2 weeks free once i pass those subjects, that i'll be able to do anything i want, play games, burn my eyes on youtube, whatever, and then prepare myself for the exam, but i am not excited for it, i'm not motivated, i just want time to stop, i want everything to end and to get reeincarnated as a tree or whatever so i can live in peace.

She asked me "Do you want to stop studying?" and i said yes, but i don't have any other choice, what am i supposed to do if i don't go to uni and finish and get a job? Live like a parasite for a year and try again? I don't want that, even though i wish could do something else, it is impossible for me to try. My father is staying with us and i hate that even though i barely interact with him since he has meetings pretty much all day, he always finds something to complain, when he stays in my room more than 3 minutes i excuse myself and leave because otherwise i have to hear him talk, i've been irritable for the past weeks, any noise that i can't control annoys me beyond belief, every time i wake up and hear my parents footsteps i get annoyed, every time they knock on my door, when someone calls, when someone rings the bell.

I made my parents cry during the last 2 months, i feel terrible about it, i absolutely despise myself, and the reason it happened is because they keep worrying about me and my grades and future, and i keep pushing them away because i don't want to burden them, i can't tell them. I've been becoming angry with ease this months, when i used to be a calm person who didn't get angry, only midly annoyed at problems, now i've raised my voice against my mom and dad without reason when they are only trying to help me, and i hate it.

I don't have friends i talk to, i've stopped talking with my best friend since we went to different classes at different times, i hate all of my classmates and the ones i don't, i barely spoke to them. The only human contact i've had has been with either old friends of my parents that are akward to interact with or my childhood friend who i also barely talk with, and now even less so because her mother is in the hospital now.

I think that's why i've been very active here on MD this past months, because i have nothing else to do, my games are becoming stale and since i have no friends to play with, i've stopped enjoying most of them; youtube hasn't been any good either, it's just noise i forget about after a few hours; i rather be reading manga than doing anything else, although that sounds super lame, but the forums are really fun.

If i had to rest for 2 weeks and do whatever i want, i would like to go into hibernation for those 2 weeks, to sleep, to do nothing, only my thoughts, the only proof of my existance would be my body on the outside world.

It's time i return to my homework, i think i'll finally log off for the first time since weeks, i don't want to be refreshing MD expecting notifications, i'm taking a break from escaping reality, if i don't, i don't want to know. See you guys on sunday, you're the best.
-Richman

Dex-chan lover
@2252020

Taking initiative, going out of your comfort zone, and saying "hey I think you're pretty swell, let's be friends" can be daunting, as it requires a person to let themselves become vulnerable. Vulnerable to rejection from the other party. However, that vulnerability is only in our minds. If we allow ourselves to shy away from situations in which we become vulnerable, or where failure is possible, then we deny ourselves the opportunity to grow and become stronger people. Rejections of me or my values only affect me if I allow them to affect me, and the same goes for everyone else. Whether or not you accept any friend requests, I'll at least leave you with this quote by the great philosopher Marcus Aurelius:
“I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinion of himself than on the opinion of others.”

As well as a quote from me:
"I liek big anime tiddies"
lOAsZim.gif

Group Leader
@richman
Feels bad man, i hope you okay there, and please dont make your parent crying again, its hurting me 2. Dont go burnout again, i hate that thing now, because of that i am failing on some subject.

Resign from humanity just to be a tree is cool, meanwhile here i am, wanting to become a rock or a floor tiles.
Ganbatte richman
-pandascepter

@2252020 okay

Contributor
@Richman
Sounds like you have a serious case of [Adolescence].
Saying it can be tough is an understatement, but despite how isolated you feel from your family/friends/peers, you are not alone.
I won't claim that online friends are a suitable replacement for face-to-face interactions, but current circumstances obviously severely limit that anyways.

We'll be waiting for your return, but take all the time you need to gather yourself.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz Something's bothering me.
How do you attach an image that was obviously created by yourself, and is a file on your computer? I only know how to attach an image by using a link to the image, which I usually just find on Google Images. Do you upload an image on your computer to Imgur or something and then use the link to that image?

Also, how do you make a url out of words or phrases of your choice, instead of just having the url be the actual url? All I can do is this: https://mangadex.org/

Users who are viewing this thread