Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Dex-chan lover
Slightly concerned because there's two things I've been saving up for but I can only get one without having enough money for the other.

The issue is one is on ebay and one is made-to-order, and I have no idea how long the latter is going to last and the former ends on the 25th.

You can understand my concern.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Lack of motivation huh? That's me as well, i always want to do something but i never want to do it in the moment and end up leaving it "for later".

Dex-chan lover
I almost posted this in a comment section for a manga but decided it wasn't the place for it. Just a needless rant.

Honestly I'm at the point where I'd rather people post in their native language. Even google translate would do a better job than the grammar I'm seeing in some of these comment sections.

Someone making one or two grammar mistakes or misspellings is nothing to bitch about, but butchering the sentence to the point where you would literally(and I'm not exaggerating) fail a second grade English quiz makes me question who you're making the post for.

Of course I'm not on some crusade to stop people from posting bad English. I just have genuine concern for a person who is clearly trying to learn a second language yet also clearly has yet to "Trainee it" (bit of ESL humor there. That's not a proper turn of phrase, but let's face it most native speakers don't "Master" English which is the joke I'm making) And here they are trying to read comics... Talk about jumping the gun.

At the level they are writing, I'm tempted to think they aren't understanding everything they're reading in English. With so little grasp, do they get the idioms that come about once in a while? If they have to look up a definition for a word, do they understand the definition? And how much do they look up per chapter? It sounds tiring.

Lately I notice the manga community has a lot of apologists who say you're supposed to brush it off and wish them luck. I just dislike seeing people do futile things instead of facing their incompetence. 'Incompetent' isn't an insult, it's a reality. The way to get through it is to learn more, rather than jumping to a step you aren't prepared for and dampening the joy you'd feel from a hobby that'd surely be more fulfilling if you had some clarity.

That's something that was beaten into me as a child. Never EVER expect sympathy if you don't put in the required work for your task and get halfway results, no matter how small the task.

Contributor
@pandascepter
I'm really, really, really, really, really hoping his line, "That's something that was beaten into me as a child." isn't meant to be taken literally.

Hi, just wondering if there is a manual for the chat system, like how to reply direcly to someone with the @. Thanks in advance to note i'm not fluent in english.

Okay this is deep and horrific I warned you
My neighbour's one year old kid climbed up the railings and fell 3 floors, cracked his head, died on the spot.
Id always see their kids put their feet out of the railings and I understood that kids are a little curious. Nevertheless, we went over and warned them a couple of times.
It's horrible what happened to him and I'm still not completely over it after one week.
We went over for their kids funeral (it was very small as large congregations were not allowed) and this next part makes my blood boil.
Some of the people there told the mother of the deceased that she would give birth to another kid and that this next kid would be just like him so don't worry( these people are into some religious sh*t).
They essentially said that his son can be replaced. Like, WTH?!?
Ughhh I'm still messed up over this poor boy dying so horribly, and these ppl are not making it easier for this family.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, you're right. We need to hide it.
Please @Ivegotnolife ,use your power of Thread Killer to bury this thread.

@blackgeneral

💩I'me a messenger sent by Ivegotnolife to let you know he's working on a possible solution as we speak , and you should watch for his notifications in the near future.

(I suppose since the WAN faction's young founder hasn't been listed in this thread's topic, We are still able to further our empire without resistance from that GAOH CULT! WAH HAHAHAHA!!) 💩<WAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!

what's bothering me?
people.
judgy, entitled, manipulative, nosy people.
smart people who disguise themselves as naive fools to do/say borderline things.
stupid people who can't be better then you so they trample you down.
people that if you don't pay attention to them, they will make you pay attention.
people that bait you into arguments to have something to get back at you.
people that talk behind your back so you can't argue or defend yourself
people that use internet only to gossip.
people that are studying (and studied) socials to manipulate information trough fake news, fake comments and fake stupid conspiracies to hide the real plot/goal
politics, news, tv, socials. Only «good» books can be trusted nowadays.
it bothers me just to think about where our society is going.
i know it's not that bad, that i just need to keep on going with my life and care only about the people that love me, but it bothers me nonetheless.
2004-2015 i had high hopes for humanity, now i have none.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
It's like when you eat a lot and a couple minutes later you are still hungry but when you go to the kitchen to look for anything turns out there is nothing and you don't want to go out to buy something so you just stay there... waiting...

Dex-chan lover
it's like when you just finished a game and still want to play but there's no content to do anymore then you look through your library but you decided to play nothing and stay there staring at your monitor... waiting...

It's like when you've created a topic and a couple weeks later there are still zero responses but when you try to come up with another topic your mind draws a blank and you don't want to resort to creating sock puppet accounts to make it seem like there's discussion happening so you just sit there... waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread