Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Ch. 32

Double-page supporter
This chapter is currently partway through volume 4 of the light novel. For those who want spoilers about the fate of Nina and ballrabbit, feel free:
Nina and Ballrabbit end up safe and alive by the end of the volume, but Irushia/Illusia (The dragon) has to leave them. Nina does not go back to being a slave.

Dex-chan lover
I need spoilers, thank you. heavy spoilers....
I don't care what kind of ass pull you have to do MAKE SURE THE CAT LIVES OR WE RIOT

Spoilers ! :nyoron:

The cat gets banished to the shadow realm.:notlikethis:
She does survive but is forced to leave the MC and never show up again, she does become a free woman however.

its been a long time since i put the novel on Hiatus.
And she won´t be around for at least 3 major arcs. so the risk is that we never see her again after this arc. :meguuusad:

Want some more Spoilers ?:finnawoke:

MC is going to fight "the hero" with the same name as him and the guard captain that follows him.

In the process its shown that "the hero" is mega evil, and also the one who killed the guard captains family for money.
MC beats his ass and "the hero" attempts to murder the guard captain to silence him, but he fails thanks to the dragon.
"The hero" instead kidnaps the kitty cat and threaten to kill her if the dragon does not kill the guard captain.:worry:

After some talk jutsu / power of friendship they team up to take down "the hero" and show his true colors to the world.
The Dragon goes on a power leveling spree and gets a new evolution that MASSIVELY changes things for the story.
And once they get to the city, "the hero" rallies the town against them for an epic showdown.:thumbsup:

MORE SPOILERS ?!?!?:wtf:
Once they show proof that "the hero" is a giant piece of shit it becomes a 1 vs 1 between "the hero" and the dragon.
The hero is obviously upset about this and becomes even more deranged because he knows he lost the last time .:smugnako:

MC also finds out that "god" or whatever is behind the system itself is supporting "the hero" to make it more interesting.
"The hero" does a "this is not even my final form" and basically becomes a monster. :shamihuh:
"The hero" starts soul draining women and children and using them as Mana batteries with his new powers from "god"
But the dragon eventually manages to win and gets a "tiny/small hero" tittle from saving the town.:salute:

MC leaves the fluff ball and the kitty cat together and leaves for the next arc which takes place in a giant forest.
Which is where he meets up with some new companions that are going to stick around longer.
He also murders like 1000+ people in classic high-jinx fashion and becomes even more "evil" in the eyes of the world.
All with good intentions ofc because the dragon is a nice guy after all.:slap:

But that is spoilers for another day.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
OH NO.... WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT SHITTY PORT TOWN???? Anywaysss.... THANKS FOR THE CHAPTER!!!!!
I doubt it exists, she knew she was dying, she told him to not go over the hill. She was trying to get him to leave her to walk there without looking over the hill and confirming the town was there. Her hope was he wouldn't realize he left her in the middle of nowhere and went on his way thinking he delivered her to safety.

Dex-chan lover
Man this is just getting so boring, This arc is way to long, and nothing is happening even, is just a slow trek through a desert while feeding two characters that its clear wont stick around. The enemy is just blatantly evil with no interesting twists, just get on with the confutation. Random monsters are getting so old as its just the same thing over and over. The whole cursed flakes thing is just killing the series, as it prevents him from interacting with towns and others so much. Him earing trust and building a home was where this was fun, but now its just dragging on and on with no developments.

Dex-chan lover
Man this is just getting so boring, This arc is way to long, and nothing is happening even, is just a slow trek through a desert while feeding two characters that its clear wont stick around. The enemy is just blatantly evil with no interesting twists, just get on with the confutation. Random monsters are getting so old as its just the same thing over and over. The whole cursed flakes thing is just killing the series, as it prevents him from interacting with towns and others so much. Him earing trust and building a home was where this was fun, but now its just dragging on and on with no developments.
FYI, a major turning point in the story is about to happen over the next few chapters, starting next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'll put spoilers in several parts as it reveals more of the story and you can decide where to stop.
Thats a great idea, I will probably have to steal that next time. Good mix of detail while not spoiling too much.

I did not expect people to be that starved for spoilers though, wow.

I can't wait for the next dragon evolution when it occurs, as well as the new partner to join the group in the manga. (Those who know, know.)

I hope you don't lie. It's exactly what I had in mind.
Spoiler

He isn't lying unless manga is changed VERY differently for no reason.

Double-page supporter
-spoily stuff-
spoilers regarding Nina after this arc: she actually comes back WAY later in the story (as in literally in the latest web novel chapter). the story hasn't continued yet but i speculate she and ball rabbit will play an important role.

as xboxbam said, you should stick around for the next arc.

Thats a great idea, I will probably have to steal that next time. Good mix of detail while not spoiling too much.

I did not expect people to be that starved for spoilers though, wow.
thank you! feel free to use that format haha. Nina is too precious~

Dex-chan lover
dropped, not interested anymore with this series... ugly tensura wannabe, just like the other reincarnation as a monster or object that evolving, this one too much bullshit like that Vending machine. the Sword reincarnation much much better than this shit even tho i already dropped that one too
dont let the door hit you in the ass, bye

Dex-chan lover
The hero sounds like the kind of person who wont kill her but use her as a hostage to make irishu get rid of people he doesnt like. Nothing better then blaming a monster right?
Yeah he definitely feels like the kind of guy to do that. Though, with the way things looked this chapter, she wouldn't survive long enough to be any good as a hostage. It looks like she's hours away from dying.

Dex-chan lover
FYI, a major turning point in the story is about to happen over the next few chapters, starting next chapter.
I am sticking it out through this arc at least, though man do I just not care about it at this point, Whether I drop this or not will be decided by the start of the next arc and whether or not he starts interacting with the world more than just feeding a pet and a girl who is even more isolated than him. This arc was just so bad, all the relations he made, all the worldbuilding it all just got cut loose and he become so much more isolated, you want the world and story to expand not shrivel down to nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I am sticking it out through this arc at least, though man do I just not care about it at this point, Whether I drop this or not will be decided by the start of the next arc and whether or not he starts interacting with the world more than just feeding a pet and a girl who is even more isolated than him. This arc was just so bad, all the relations he made, all the worldbuilding it all just got cut loose and he become so much more isolated, you want the world and story to expand not shrivel down to nothing.
tf you want him to do? he literally is a monster. if he even tries to communicate with other people they will try to kill him, with some exceptions. there is literally people trying to kill him rn.

Dex-chan lover
tf you want him to do? he literally is a monster. if he even tries to communicate with other people they will try to kill him, with some exceptions. there is literally people trying to kill him rn.
Jeez take a step back. Yes he is a monster, and yes he is fighting a uphill battle of interacting. The problem I have is with the story direction that the author went, deciding to make it worse with this stupid passive ability that curses any he interacts with over weeks. Its such a stupid "power" with no benefits whatsoever. And was a forced reset of all plot development. He lost all connections he made, both human and monster. And then got swept away to a new land where once again he had to start from near the bottom of the food chain. Rather than build upon any of the last arcs plots they were just flat abandoned. And now he has a curse preventing him from trying the same things again and forcefully keeping him isolated. The author wrote him into a corner and made it so that till he evolves and ditches the curse he has no options other than roam and level up. This entire arc was just a total reset of the series so far and prevented anything that made the first arc from being fun from happening again. So yes if next arc starts and he still has the curse and the author does another reset, then I'm dropping this and treating the end of the previous arc as the ending as it should have been.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez take a step back. Yes he is a monster, and yes he is fighting a uphill battle of interacting. The problem I have is with the story direction that the author went, deciding to make it worse with this stupid passive ability that curses any he interacts with over weeks. Its such a stupid "power" with no benefits whatsoever. And was a forced reset of all plot development. He lost all connections he made, both human and monster. And then got swept away to a new land where once again he had to start from near the bottom of the food chain. Rather than build upon any of the last arcs plots they were just flat abandoned. And now he has a curse preventing him from trying the same things again and forcefully keeping him isolated. The author wrote him into a corner and made it so that till he evolves and ditches the curse he has no options other than roam and level up. This entire arc was just a total reset of the series so far and prevented anything that made the first arc from being fun from happening again. So yes if next arc starts and he still has the curse and the author does another reset, then I'm dropping this and treating the end of the previous arc as the ending as it should have been.
I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle.

Yes, on a meta level the author did give him the plague scales. But on a narrative level it is something so much better. It actually creates stakes in dragon evolution choices. Where instead of boring generic isekai with system with no drawbacks, he has to make hard choices to become more powerful and protect others from threats, despite it having hard consequences(like poisoning human friends who stick around too long).

Irushia made the hard choice, choosing an evolution that would get him ostracized by necessity, in order to gain the power to protect his friends and comrades and survive, rather than the evolution he would've wanted(noble dragon form). He made that choice without guarantee, but with hope that he could continue to evolve until one day he could evolve away from such a disastrous type of dragon into a more heroic/non deadly one that can live freely with others.

Him making that choice is what makes him heroic.

This isn't just some "I was reincarnated as a dragon, so I will live my life peacefully in a backwater village with my human friends and monster buddies as king of the mountain" series. Nor was it ever meant to be, nor was it building to. It's building up more than that.

The author wrote him into a corner and made it so that till he evolves and ditches the curse he has no options other than roam and level up. This entire arc was just a total reset of the series so far and prevented anything that made the first arc from being fun from happening again.
I really can't say much without spoiling stuff directly. Suffice to say you are giving the author WAY less credit than they deserve. You are looking at the short term, when the author is making a much larger story.
(Which I don't blame you, this manga progresses very slowly with its release rate(not the fault of translators), which makes everything feel way more dragged out)

We know factually that characters can acquire skills from repetitive exposure/ practice, why can't something like that happen for companions over time, or why can't irushia gain companions immune to his scales?
(A rhetorical question, I am not implying any of that does or does not happen)

And was a forced reset of all plot development. He lost all connections he made, both human and monster. And then got swept away to a new land where once again he had to start from near the bottom of the food chain. Rather than build upon any of the last arcs plots they were just flat abandoned
Did he though? Did he really lose those connections, or are they just separated for a period of time before possibly reconnecting in the future? How might those characters react and make choices to Irushia going missing? What would irushia do if he could neutralize his ability and could learn where he had been born(and thus find his way back)? What would he do in the meantime?

It's like saying because the strawhat pirates were separated at Saobody, or because the straw hats moved on from Alabasta, that everything was just reset with Vivi. Or that goku was reset because there were some stronger fighters in the world/universe that he meets and finds may be stronger than him at first.

You may still decide this story isn't for you, that you wanted "slow life after being reincarnated as a dragon" or whatever you had in mind. My point here is just that some of your perspectives seem to be way off, in a way completely unfair for any series. Like this
Its such a stupid "power" with no benefits whatsoever.
Where you missed the entire point. Not all abilities are going to have "benefits" one would use. One Piece has devil fruits give all their users the ability to become completely weak in water. It's a package deal, for the other powers that come with it. If I became a mutant where my body is covered in porcupine/tarantula spikes, it's a "stupid power" that keeps me from being able to embrace or touch other people. Same if the ability made my skin excrete toxic mucus like a poison frog.

Or beast or mystique in x men, getting stuck with blue/scaley/hairy bodies for their abilities to teleport or shapeshift.

Plague scales, absolutely can be useful. The ability to passively poison enemies and armies just by flying around would be devastating for any enemy that had to confront irushia and could not finish him off quickly. And it should becomes even more useful when leveled up and it becomes more fast acting. It's why the nearby city wants Irushia hunted, because it is a dangerous power.

The problem is it is not a power irushia wants to have or use. It's a power he accepted in the bundle of powers for this evolution. One that limits his interaction with others currently.

Irushia is a frog in the well, a big fish in a little pond. One who continually is reminded of that fact, but who manages to make progress and become something great due to his tenacity, creativity, and by choosing the harder more uncertain path.

Dex-chan lover
yk the ability to curse things slowly makes sense right? it’s because of the type of monster he is and it wouldn’t make sense for him to have something that passively negatively effects other living beings. most monsters have low intelligence and out mc used to be a human. if a normal monster had it they would be positively effected by it, making it so if they settle down somewhere, the curse could possibly build up helping them be protected from certain beings.
it also makes sense as most monsters are aggressive against each other, it wouldn’t make sense that a monster would just have prey by them for no reason. and the curse ability probably also stays around the body even if it dies and the ability makes sense for the monster because it is directly related to the evolution that he chose which involves things that effects someone’s status which is what we are seeing right now

Dex-chan lover
yk the ability to curse things slowly makes sense right? it’s because of the type of monster he is and it wouldn’t make sense for him to have something that passively negatively effects other living beings. most monsters have low intelligence and out mc used to be a human. if a normal monster had it they would be positively effected by it, making it so if they settle down somewhere, the curse could possibly build up helping them be protected from certain beings.
it also makes sense as most monsters are aggressive against each other, it wouldn’t make sense that a monster would just have prey by them for no reason. and the curse ability probably also stays around the body even if it dies and the ability makes sense for the monster because it is directly related to the evolution that he chose which involves things that effects someone’s status which is what we are seeing right now
also it lets him fight enemies that are stronger than him to a certain degree because the power lets him either force them to retreat or die because of them slowly dying due to the scales. it’s not meant to keep beings near them because it’s not very beneficial to them if most monsters have less intelligence and acts based off their instincts

Users who are viewing this thread