Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

@TDSgaming
dragon boi will gain permanent traveling companions eventually, none of them include lizard girl (she will eventually reunite with MC, but it'll just be temporary and they'll get separated again b-coz PLOT)

Group Leader
Regarding companions after this arc:
*N 100-200 (approx) is one arc with a decent handful of new characters.. and he only keeps one companion with him moving into the third arc: One of his evolutions gives him a second head.

After reading further into the webnovel, I must retract my previous declaration of the "Best Girl" title. Although the character I mentioned was certainly both deserving and worthy of the title, a later character by the name of Alo easily outperformed all previous candidates. (Future plot spoiler:)
At one point, even though it is a relatively short time, when Alo appears to die, I actually experienced a slight feeling of sadness, rather then the usual feelings of nothingness, even when a favored character of mine dies.
Therefore, Alo is the new "Best Girl"

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is that river supposed to do to the slime? Wash him away or something? Maybe he would need to spend a whole day to run back to the village? I thought there was a river of lava available, as that would surely do something, but since the MC is stupid enough not to use fire against a slime, I don't know why I expected anything.

@depzdai
Oh you poor, poor little summer child.

You do not know of the unboundless assery and disgustingness of a very, very certain brave man with a flower for a name.

Does anyone have a source that is constantly updated with the Raws for free? I would like to try to translate this on my own.

@Vizieti Even if you find a source, you wouldn’t be able to translate it simply because there’s nothing to translate. Dragon egg is currently on hiatus until further notice

Dex-chan lover
Ah, they updated the page; next chapter on Feb 11, it seems.

JK, that's chapter 20. 19 released on the 24th; apparently, there's no hiatus.

Dex-chan lover
Why would the river do anything?
Seriously. It is just a river.
This really is just a lengthy sequence of bad choices now.

Dex-chan lover
Alot of people wondering why target the river.
One of the panels has the slime saying "this height. Ill die!" Right before dive bombing. So perhaps that was his plan of attack?

Him not even trying his breath attack was definitely dumb though.

Edit: ahh. Ok. Read the WN part of this. It's very very briefly paneled in chapter 16 i think that the slime has 4 different skills that all boost his recovering capabilities. This is more clearly noticeable in the wn. He uses breath attack with full knowledge it wouldn't work, but hopes it'll restrict its movement, then proceeds into the flight drop combo, which the slime spider transforms.

Further reading. The dragon intends to body dive the slime into a spire rock in the river. The 2nd to last page does actually have the rock in its panel. I believe that's what the page was intended for, but failed me and others in drawing focus to the rock in particular.
By using his own weight + flight dive. He'll maximize the damage of the cliff height. Furthermore. Wn implied that should he fail to kill the slime, the river should at least wash him away from the village. Mc put more thought into it.

@Lyohzeed Hey man, I don't know if your reading this, or if your account is deactivated, but every time I think of this series, I remember the complement you gave me. It stuck with me for a long time, and as a person who usually doesn't get complimented, it was extremely refreshing to hear that someone appreciated something that I had done. I hope you are doing fine, and thanks for the compliment. It really means a lot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread