Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Ch. 78 - Silent Anger

Dex-chan lover
"Did you even see who you gave that tone to btw? You started being an asshole first, just so you know"
i did, i even confirm who i did say that to, and no i'm not being and asshole. stop trying to dodge the conversation with this crap it' embarassing

"Your reply that I quoted was your reply towards Narha, not AnotherDuck, who YOU engaged with first"
you can't read, you absolutely can't read. how about you learn how to read ?

"I'm saying you're generally the first one to start being an asshole. You're not the one "clapping back.""
ok 101 lesson from komachi-sensei here, lesson 1 for today "LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ"

This is meant to the duck guy, because i thought you talk about him. but literally on next sentence...

i clearly know who you talking about, it's the very first guy i reply on this thread. huge indication im talking about it being sarcastic instead clapping back on rude asshole.

and dink donk, you still not apologizing to me for being wrong and dismissive.
where's your manner, boy ?
Ffs even when given examples, you reply like this.

Wtv, I'm done with you.

Dex-chan lover
I must say I'm confused as to how this is over top and cartoonish levels of evil when this is the bog standard of villains for this series. Perhaps some of you have confused this series with another one? Otherwise I'm not sure where your moral grandstanding comes from after reading this far into the series

Dex-chan lover
I must say I'm confused as to how this is over top and cartoonish levels of evil when this is the bog standard of villains for this series. Perhaps some of you have confused this series with another one? Otherwise I'm not sure where your moral grandstanding comes from after reading this far into the series
I mostly don't care, I mostly make fun of authors in a meta way, when they flup up in my eyes or for some of their readership, so this is just a summary of the discussion:

It's not about morals, it's about one-trick ponies/repetition and the weird pacing of showing non-consensual humping to death for an already irredeemable and established villain.

Also some people don't relish in negative reinforcement. Others get hyped by it, to see the villain beaten: "Jetzt erst recht! Especially (justified) now!"...

So yeah, this is not about moral grandstanding as far as I can see, "the author shouldn't write/draw this! It's wrong!". So unless you can point me to where that came up, I guess you kinda missed the point.

Dex-chan lover
I mostly don't care, I mostly make fun of authors in a meta way, when they flup up in my eyes or for some of their readership, so this is just a summary of the discussion:

It's not about morals, it's about one-trick ponies/repetition and the weird pacing of showing non-consensual humping to death for an already irredeemable and established villain.

Also some people don't relish in negative reinforcement. Others get hyped by it, to see the villain beaten: "Jetzt erst recht! Especially (justified) now!"...

So yeah, this is not about moral grandstanding as far as I can see, "the author shouldn't write/draw this! It's wrong!". So unless you can point me to where that came up, I guess you kinda missed the point.
What else do you call complaining that the flavor of how the author shows the bad guy is a bad guy specifically in a way that will put Fran in a murderous rampage? This is also the first time we've seen this guy directly do something rather than lazily giving orders behind a desk establishing that he will directly get his hands dirty rather than just use any means to get control of the city

Dex-chan lover
What else do you call complaining that the flavor of how the author shows the bad guy is a bad guy specifically in a way that will put Fran in a murderous rampage? This is also the first time we've seen this guy directly do something rather than lazily giving orders behind a desk establishing that he will directly get his hands dirty rather than just use any means to get control of the city
Complaining about writing styles or edginess is not moral grandstanding. Nobody called for the author to never write about SA and co again, nor implied that this part was morally wrong to write.
Again: You are missing the point. Critic of the complaints here is just fine, but you're attacking a currently non-existent point. Or maybe you're misunderstanding moral grandstanding... I dunno :korone:

Edit: I'm also not attacking you or your points directly, I'm just trying to clear up a misunderstanding on terminology or something like that.

Thanks for the meal!!!
If people think the this series is over the top with 'EEEEEEVIIIIIIIILLLL'; just wait till a few more arcs from now on because we will get some revelations plus we get to meet up with an overly annoying character too.

How many more EVIIILLLL skills will we see by then? :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, we are veering into comically evil territory now.
There are far more better ways to depict "evil" characters.
I'm bouncing out. Yawn. Great manga, great start. But, I'm just not interested watching Man who Kicks grandma down the stairs and eats puppies for breakfast. Tad too cartoony for my taste.

Complaining about writing styles or edginess is not moral grandstanding. Nobody called for the author to never write about SA and co again, nor implied that this part was morally wrong to write.
Again: You are missing the point. Critic of the complaints here is just fine, but you're attacking a currently non-existent point. Or maybe you're misunderstanding moral grandstanding... I dunno :korone:

Edit: I'm also not attacking you or your points directly, I'm just trying to clear up a misunderstanding on terminology or something like that.

How many more EVIIILLLL skills will we see by then? :meguusmug:
'Evil' sword zombies. 'Evil' beast awakening. 'Evil' transformation from a dude that turned himself into an 'Evil' mutant hulk. 'Evil' monster armies plus many more 'Evil' monster variations. The attack of the 'Evil' sword zombies 2: Just why?. It's a never ending Evil parade featuring an 'Evil' Black Cat 'Evil priestess of the Evil One'.

Dex-chan lover

Let me join the fun since you atleast have something to say,

"I mostly don't care, I mostly make fun of authors in a meta way, when they flup up in my eyes or for some of their readership, so this is just a summary of the discussion:"
well you still need a solid argument for that, calling it over the top when it's Violence been persistence in the series and way worse happened in the series on top of something like this are not out of realm of possibilites since it's actually happened in real world.
so factually you can't call it over the top, factually if someone say it's about moral grandstanding someone can make that claim, and factually i can make fun of you for being wrong.

"already irredeemable and established villain."
hmmm you fell asleep multiple times in this series ? just my guess.

"Also some people don't relish in negative reinforcement. Others get hyped by it"
and some people make up bullshit out of thin air somehow because they just don't like it, curious.

"the author shouldn't write/draw this! It's wrong"
the language so have been like this, you wanna me quote several few ? but you are big boy enough so just scroll up and look up yourself.

"Complaining about writing styles or edginess is not moral grandstanding."
sure, but you've been proven wrong. so what is this then ? this "feeling" of yours ? care to explain ?

"Nobody called for the author to never write about SA and co again, nor implied that this part was morally wrong to write."
just don't do both, because it'll be 'over the top' amirite or amirite ?

"point. Or maybe you're misunderstanding moral grandstanding... I dunno"
i dunno, did you ?

"I'm also not attacking you or your points directly, I'm just trying to clear up a misunderstanding on terminology or something like that."
i'm also not attacking you personally, please don't be that other guy suddenly talking about my "tone" being a mean booboo when he never mentioned it until i cornered him lmao.
you seems pretty level headed, so just answer me honestly

Contributor
Because Linford appears to be the brains of their operation, I'll put the blame on him for the terribly lazy and super cringy naming sense of their moves and things that just adds "Evil" as a prefix to anything and everything. Hell, they have "Evil Water"... the last thing missing is to add the Evil prefix to a group name, like "Evil Outlaws"...

I feel like this cooking arc has gone on long enough, I'm already half-hoping Fran can simply end them in one night (if she sees what Brook did to that slave maybe she'll deal with them more quickly); they're just a terribly boring bunch of villains. Maybe a Tri-Explosion or two will do the trick. I kinda want to see her and Master move on to the next adventure soon...

Dex-chan lover
Swear, if this is another series that won't torture such horrible people for their punishment, I will be mad.

Dex-chan lover
Really? Killing female slaves while fucking them? No matter how much of a piece of shit you are... Is there really any necessity or benefit in doing that?

Fucking hell, I really hope they kill him.
Death is far too kind. Think more along the lines of Berserk :) think of all the great torture in that series that should be inflicted on people like this. That's what needs to happen.

Dex-chan lover
"This is no ordinary wound. It's an Evil wound."
Evil is bad, mmkay.

Is there any phrase relating to those people that doesn't contain the word "Evil"? Evil Smash, Evil Magic, Evil Water, Evil God, Evil Wound, Evil Skill Evil Edge, Evil Energy, Evil Art Evil Jump...
To them, "Evil" is an element. Like Fire or Lightning.
It has the disadvantage of only being usable by people who are over the top Evil, which tends to reduce their ability to act rationally. Because if they were smart, they wouldn't be Evil.

-------

Note that MC isn't some sort of paladin. In fact, even many fantasy world natives find her to be a psychopathic murderhobo. As a result, villains have to be Evil to make their fight to have meaning.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this cooking arc has gone on long enough, I'm already half-hoping Fran can simply end them in one night (if she sees what Brook did to that slave maybe she'll deal with them more quickly); they're just a terribly boring bunch of villains. Maybe a Tri-Explosion or two will do the trick. I kinda want to see her and Master move on to the next adventure soon...
Well, if I remember correctly...
The cooking arc is over. We're now in for a night of apocalyptic battles, as villains have to speed-up their plans.

Supporter
"The writing was always bad!" is not the defense you seem to think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread