Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Ch. 78 - Silent Anger

Supporter
The writing was never bad. It just appeals to common people like me, and not to fancy-pants critics.
"common people like you?" LOL, let's not act like reading isekai manga is mainstream. What we are looking at right now is wish-fulfillment for the lowest common denominator of an already niche subculture. And yes, heaping evil onto the villain-of-the-week with a trowel just for the sake of giving the protagonist someone to brutally dismember is bad (or at least lazy) writing.

Last edited:
Supporter
"I'm too dumb to stop reading a series I think is bad!" Is not the counter point you think it is
There is a difference between "the writing is bad" and "the series has literally nothing to like". Maybe try projecting a little less, life's a lot more fun when you can both acknowledge that something has flaws and still derive some enjoyment from it, rather than trying to convince yourself that everything you like is beyond criticism...

Dex-chan lover
There is a difference between "the writing is bad" and "the series has literally nothing to like". Maybe try projecting a little less, life's a lot more fun when you can both acknowledge that something has flaws and still derive some enjoyment from it, rather than trying to convince yourself that everything you like is beyond criticism...
Saying the writing is bad with no answer as to how it could be better is lazy criticism be sure to keep polishing your mirror you've done an excellent job with it so far

Dex-chan lover
Okay, you know who was legit evil without being cartoony?
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame's Frollo. He was grounded in reality. Powerful politically, calculating, army at hand, and had a religious zealotry to justify his actions. He had no magic powers at all and still made him one of the most loathed villain's I can think of.

Last edited:
Supporter
Saying the writing is bad with no answer as to how it could be better is lazy criticism
Just because you don't understand what people are saying and brush it off as "moral grandstanding" doesn't mean it's "lazy criticism". Try responding to what people are actually saying if you want them to bother giving you more detailed responses in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Just because you don't understand what people are saying and brush it off as "moral grandstanding" doesn't mean it's "lazy criticism". Try responding to what people are actually saying if you want them to bother giving you more detailed responses in the future.
Ah so you finally come out with what really had you ass mad. Moral grandstanding. You are ass mad about me calling it moral grandstanding and you took this many messages to say it. Even though it was not directed at you since you had not even commented on this thread until well after I had. Since I have sincere doubts you will take an actual crack at "fixing" the issues you personally have with this series I will do the work for you.

"I feel like this manga is too on the nose about showing the bad guys doing bad things too much" "I think it would be better if they waited until the final moment to reveal just how bad they are so that you are questioning whether or not this really is the bad guy or not" "I think this would add to the mystery and suspense of who the bad guy of the arc is" "I hope with this kind of different variety in approach to the villain of the week will remove the staleness I see in the bad guy of the series"

I feel this is a poor example but given your zero input on how to "fix" the issues you personally find with this manga you claim has some enjoyment to derive from it I think that it is fine to leave it at that workshop level. This of course is under the belief you were not just arguing in the comment section for the sake of arguing in the comment section

Dex-chan lover
"Try responding to what people are actually saying if you want them to bother giving you more detailed responses in the future."
you saying something ?i thought you got mental episode there

Dex-chan lover
Ah so you finally come out with what really had you ass mad. Moral grandstanding. You are ass mad about me calling it moral grandstanding and you took this many messages to say it. Even though it was not directed at you since you had not even commented on this thread until well after I had. Since I have sincere doubts you will take an actual crack at "fixing" the issues you personally have with this series I will do the work for you.

"I feel like this manga is too on the nose about showing the bad guys doing bad things too much" "I think it would be better if they waited until the final moment to reveal just how bad they are so that you are questioning whether or not this really is the bad guy or not" "I think this would add to the mystery and suspense of who the bad guy of the arc is" "I hope with this kind of different variety in approach to the villain of the week will remove the staleness I see in the bad guy of the series"

I feel this is a poor example but given your zero input on how to "fix" the issues you personally find with this manga you claim has some enjoyment to derive from it I think that it is fine to leave it at that workshop level. This of course is under the belief you were not just arguing in the comment section for the sake of arguing in the comment section
lmao, i proved it 3 times already this group of brain damage can't actually think or have actual criticism.
i'm almost convince it's just one moron using different account everytime they got cornered.

And here I am simply enjoying the catgirl and the sword as I wait for the next arcs and anime.

Just a word I want to say and I do hope to not offend anyone, but if you would like to fix it, firstly I think you should remember thst Fran is simply 12 years old, give her a complicated villain and she may even not want to hurt them.

Give her a over evil villain, and she will mincemeat them.

I overall came for Fran since the firsts chapters and I will stay for her. It does bring me a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread