Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 15 Ch. 74 - The second screening begins

Fed-Kun's army
Don't underestimate the power of boobs and scantly clad women when it comes to selling stuff.
Truth. I remember years ago my teacher in the high school psychology/sociology class I took who was also one of the school coaches remarking on that and saying even the football equipment catalogues had female models draped over the tackling sleds.

Dex-chan lover
If Fran would be allowed to choose, she'd choose the maid-kini.

They need to switch outfits, maid-kini is better for moving and speed, which are Fran's strong points.
And the eye patch girl need more armor.

It's a winwin.

Dex-chan lover
No, there wouldn't be as many deaths as you think, suspicious person in a cloak. You're in the wrong genre for that.
The heroes' lack of plan is already unfolding.

Fed-Kun's army
This series has all that gritty violence and death... and then the antagonists are all cackling supervillains who are evil because they are evil. Bit of a clash.

Dex-chan lover
Truth. I remember years ago my teacher in the high school psychology/sociology class I took who was also one of the school coaches remarking on that and saying even the football equipment catalogues had female models draped over the tackling sleds.
Hasn't there been studies disproving that, though? Or at least in cases where it's not related, like selling tools with a sexy ad (unless you're talking about the fun kind of tools). Though it absolutely works if it is related, like selling fiction or offering environments with pretty girls in (which the maids here would factor into).

Fed-Kun's army
Maid Fran was so cute (and funny, of course)! I enjoyed many aspects of this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It has been so long, why are they trying to win this competition again?
Fran is sure curry is the best kind of food. But some fancy chief disagreed. So now Fran is determined to show everyone the greatness of curry. And in particular, have him eat even better curry in the finale of the cooking competition.
Yes, Fran's motivation is about as simple as that of the arc's villains.
This series has all that gritty violence and death... and then the antagonists are all cackling supervillains who are evil because they are evil. Bit of a clash.
The antagonists are actually a bunch of different people each with their individual motivation. Which is probably why you can't figure out why they do evil.
They're still cackling supervillains, though. Just a little worse than the murderfluff protagonist. This story isn't too serious.

Dex-chan lover
Of course even in the LN they had matching maid outfits. What you've quoted is same in the LN too. I was talking about the Bikini Maid outfit and Colbert himself wearing a maid suit.
Yes, and I was confirming it against the WN, showing that it is the manga staff taking liberties in execution (though whether they are author-accepted or wholly their own, we can't say).

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, didn't expect for that socially awkward mage to wear maid bikini, also, I personally think the guy looks pretty good wearing the maid outfit

Dex-chan lover
Yes, and I was confirming it against the WN, showing that it is the manga staff taking liberties in execution (though whether they are author-accepted or wholly their own, we can't say).
Yeah... The artists really takes too much liberties. Its takes away from the wholesome/dark nature of the story.

The only thing that ever bothered me in the LN is her armour/outfit given to her by Artistea is too skimpy/bikini. I read all kinds of shit and not get bothered by it. But seeing Fran in the armour is not good imo. Maybe its just the inner Master in me. :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... The artists really takes too much liberties. Its takes away from the wholesome/dark nature of the story.

The only thing that ever bothered me in the LN is her armour/outfit given to her by Artistea is too skimpy/bikini. I read all kinds of shit and not get bothered by it. But seeing Fran in the armour is not good imo. Maybe its just the inner Master in me. :thonk:
Neh, Master's a perv too and enjoys that stuff, he just tries not to perv too much. There's always been a combination of dark, wholesome, and ecchi to the series. What made me enjoy the LN translation Cardboard did as much as I did, even with its obvious localization BS.

Users who are viewing this thread