Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Vol. 18 Ch. 81 - The Wight King

I love all the fanboys screaming about how tempest translation is so much more accurate and superior but little did you all know

TEMPEST TRANSLATOR ANNA TRANSLATES FROM KOREAN RAWS

That's why they can't release so quickly cos they haveta wait for Korean raws to come out

I'm laughing you're a bunch of clowns, go keep reading your Japanese>Korean>English translation and pretend it's better

Thx for the chapter m(_ _)m

wow, definitely first time I'm meeting a situation where comments is moderated🤣

Dex-chan lover
@uzushio
Tempest may translate from JPN > Korean > English, but they also use the light novel as reference to ensure accuracy of the translation since there are some nuances that can easily get messed up if improperly translated, something the other group did not notice (until a bunch of people fussed about it).

The other group (Pair of 2+ with their 10+ members) doesn't really even know the story that well (as they didn't know it was the ogre village that was attacked, not the orc village for one of many such examples). Plus, they seem to jump around from series to series simply sniping whatever is popular at the time, so if you think they will stick around for the long haul, you are going to be sorely disappointed when they abandon this series.

@uzushio There are currently two groups who translate this. Basing on their work, Tempest is a much better group. Stop embrassing yourself, clown.

Group Leader
Can anyone tell me, does the fact that Clayman isn't a real demon lord ever come to light to everyone? He and everyone else keeps referring to him as a demon lord, but its obvious from the previous chapters that he isn't a true demon lord.

I dont care what's better, this one had short and nicely framed sentences and they were pleasant to read.

Dex-chan lover
@KazuyaKan

To answer your question:
Based off of my knowledge from the web novel (which may differ a little from the light novel):
Yes, Rimuru is among the group of "awakened" demon lords, like Milim, Guy, Leon, Ruminas, and technically the little fairy, Ramiris, used to be one too. Draguel and Dino are unique cases. (Draguel moreso than Dino).

Clayman, Frey, and Carrion are basically just really strong humanoid monsters. (can't call them demons, cause that diablo and his type exist as the official demons of the story). Most, if not all, of the awakened demon lords were already aware of this. Rimuru picks it up quickly (partly due to super computer skill: Raphael).

Dex-chan lover
@KazuyaKan

I think it was explained in previous chapters.

There are two types of demon lords. There are the demon lords that become demon lords through evolution, referred to as true demon lords. The number of true demon lords is very low. I believe the only ones we can confirm as true demon lords are Rimuru, Guy, and Milim. Other demon lords are ones that possess power that far surpasses the norm of their race. This is basically every other demon lord.

Double-page supporter
@Temchie Well here you go then
Milim is not actually brainwashed and is fooling Clayman trying to figure out who his boss is. In an interlude chapter before the Walpurgis one in the novel Guy Crimson explains that people with Ultimate Skills cannot be affected by someone who dosen't posess an Ultimate Skill. Clayman definitely dosen't have one and demon lord Kazalim/Kazaream, whose spell supposedly brainwashed Milim, didn't have one either. He is Claymans old boss and the guy Leon killed as it has been mentioned in a recent chapter.

TL;DR Clayman didn't have a chance from the beggining and Milim played him like a damn fiddle.

Well that was a pretty cool chapter. I want to see Rimuru 1v1 Clayman and see him destroy

@HUNRonin So Milim destroyed a whole country Yurazania just to not be suspected of faking being brainwashed ? Isn't that extremely fucking non-sense ?

@Nago Well, yeah sorta. Demon lords (strong beings) pretty much do whatever they want. Remember when Veldora attacked someone's nation for fun?

Double-page supporter
@Nago I think you should spoiler that
It is nonsense but not to Milim. Carrion chews her out for it in the end, and he and Frey make her take responsibility by taking charge over the entire region south of Jura and not just fuck around endlessly.

@xboxbam that's fine you enjoy your Japanese > Korean > English checked against LN trash, I'll enjoy my sniped Japanese > English translation in the meantime, thanks

@ApolloMR based on what? Your imminent blindness? Objectively po2 editing/type is much better, and the fact that it's not a retranslation of Korean makes their translation automatically better. Sit down fool

@uzushio lol I’m laughing at you clown. Supporting snipers. Even though they translated from the Japanese scan, they still messed up the basic parts of the story yet you couldn’t notice? Stop pretending to be a know-it-all when you ain’t.

I'm laughing you're a bunch of clowns, go keep reading your Japanese>English translation from snipers and pretend it's better

Users who are viewing this thread