The Ancient Magus' Bride - Vol. 14 Ch. 66 - A small leak will sink a great ship I

Dex-chan lover
everything's definitely connected, unfortunately I'm too tired to analyze it in depth

Double-page supporter
oh man i missed silky, sad that we see her so little

Aggregator gang
I, er, wasn't expecting to be shipping Lucy and Zoey so soon.

Kitty mum is still mysterious. I wonder which life she's on.

Contributor
Heh. The Long Acre is a real place, on the corner of St. Martin's Lane and Great Newport St. It's kitty-corner with a 5 Guys.

I wonder if they know they're in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
"can I touch your snake?"
:blush "ok"
"No, I mean, your hair snake..."

M2Z

I love where this is going XD
Lots of mystery going on~
I'm shipping those two lol
TQ for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Poor Silky, having to wait again for them to come home. Elias has a friend! One he is admittedly to be called that! Progress!
Meanwhile Chise is being told to stay put and not cause more trouble like Elias knows she does, so we know this instruction is going to fail spectacularly. She's moved from throwing herself into trouble without any care for herself to throwing herself into trouble while considering the effect it has on others. Progress too but it hasn't stopped her getting involved yet, just to be more careful in doing so.

Thanks for the translation! I was just thinking about how I hadn't seen this manga update in awhile when y'all posted! 😁

Cke1M05.png

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@solchimes
I sort of expected this since chapter 55. https://mangadex.org/chapter/575634/26

@Doomroar
that was a while ago , she already apologized for taking his earmuffs, https://mangadex.org/chapter/575634/19 which he accepted since it's clear it was sincere.

Dex-chan lover
@cgr Yes that time, but of course!

She said she was sorry with a damn frown in her face, then immediately proceeded to scold him for ignoring her because he couldn't hear her due to his noise cancelling earmuff.

Then scold him some more for running away and lashing out after she took then off without permission.

And then interrogate him for being there in the first place and being found out for bullshit that she herself was the cause of.

Then mock him for thinking that his fears of being mistreated for being half human in a magic school.

What a display of sincerity. She did say the color of his snakes was beautiful, so i guess it is all fine now.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Doomroar
you're really misunderstanding Lucy:

1. Lucy was trying to get Zoey to calm down, since (other than the snakes) he was insulting chise

2. Lucy just asked Zoey a legitimate question, and she did say 'you don't have to answer me' so she is clearly not trying to 'interrogate'.

3. Lucy's expression and tone suggests skepticism, not 'mocking'. she doesn't know what Zoey's life was truly like so her skepticism is perfectly logical

although Lucy's wording/tone could have been nicer, onlookers: lian, fowler, and chise can all see that she is apologizing 'after all' and 'is definitely trying to be soft with him' https://mangadex.org/chapter/575634/18 .

Also, at the end Zoey did apologize to Chise, https://mangadex.org/chapter/575634/26 so calming him down worked.

my conclusion: yes, Lucy's sincerity did get through the entire group there; it's a major reason Zoey calmed down enough for them to all basically become friends after that incident.

Lucy had a rough childhood, and only a shady auctioner brother for a current guardian, so please don't blame her too much for not being as soft-spoken/courteous as possible: she is still learning and after her family death issues get resolved (likely this arc?) she may change a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread