The Blade of Evolution Walking Alone In The Dungeon - Ch. 6

A great example of a great concept ruined by either the artist or author

Supporter
Can I please slap the MC? Target: Eliminate 100 Earth Elementals. A stone hand rises from the ground. MC: "What is this?"
Hmm, I guess it's a hot dog, you moron.

And just because you don't have team members doesn't mean you need to comment on EVERY. SINGLE. THING. happening to yourself.

Even worse than talking to himself, he's the kinda idiot that tests an enemy by weakening himself first instead of going full power and only dialing it back after he's confirmed he's actually able to handle it.

Not to mention how dumb it is to see a rock monster and think 'I should punch it'.

@silverlightning Yea I was fixing to say the exact same thing. Also doesn't have an ability to see how strong it is so he could have got completely crushed by it in the first hit... I'm just gonna drop this crap down now. If you want a better story with a similar concept I'd recommend Solo Leveling if you haven't seen it. The art is fantastic and it just got done with its first season a couple months ago with 100+ chapters. Only really good Chinese comic I've seen was one wear an esports pro is forced to retire and started fucking around in the new expansion of the game he plays. Can't recall the name atm.

Just look at those indifferent eyes! It's like he is a seasoned high lvl warrior who meet by chance a couple low lvl goblins during a light stroll

Fed-Kun's army
This, my friends, is an example of horrible execution of a premise.

"I don't know how strong is this mob, so I will abandon my sword and attack barehand"

What the actual fuck?

Fed-Kun's army
Dude suddenly became a completely different character. He went from depressed to so confident he thinks it's a good idea to try and punch a mob when he used to be useless in combat. His hand should have turned to pulp to keep his dumbass in check. The art is good enough to tell some of the story so him narrating everything is annoying.

Thanks for the chapters. I hope it gets back on track.

"Oh shit this guy is stronger than normal I should put my sword aside and fight my bare hands with a confidence boost coming out of nowhere then find out I'm not that strong and equip sword again."
wtf
Edit: I remembered why I dropped this manga

Fed-Kun's army
haha yeah typical mmo shenegans :D kill 100 wolfs...puh finally did it...kill 100 eagles...FUCK YOU GAME :D

Fed-Kun's army
@AmericanJedi King's Avatar probably? Got an Anime too, fun after i got to terms with the spoken chinese, really sounds different to the usual japanese :D

And yeah, incredibly lazy writing, first the "full party dead but he can just kill it" nonsense and now his personality just did a 180 "i am superman" even though it has gotten WORSE since his only friends died and bad rumors go around about him...

The author is using to much the cliches and the popular storytelling style that he is lacking in something...
It's fast and it looks like the author is "lazy" (I know it's hard work).

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wish the artist would put less on the pages, or at least make the details better so it doesn't just blend together. The way MC talks to himself is incredibly silly as well, the way he talks etc.

This was definitely a bit much, it's fine to lean towards certain tropes here and there but if you include nothing but tropes then it's just lazy. All the effort put into drawing is unfortunately misplaced.
I think the only trope I outright hate is when the MC randomly obtains a weapon or something that makes him stronger, that relies too heavily on the MC Plot, like here. I've no problem with it if it focuses on the MC, and not the weapon.

Oh and this wouldn't be a proper complaint if I didn't compare it to SL. Which I'll do. I'd say its okay if you grab some ideas from other works, but if you're gonna do that, you need to do it better. If you can nick ideas from other works, yet still produce your own unique story. Then you're great.. You just are.. But this is exactly the same as Solo Leveling.. Just worse. Its not 'similar' it's the exact same thing. If the author meant to make it the same, then he's lazy. If the author didn't mean to make it the same, then he's a fool.

Of course we've barely got into it, so I mean it could change its course next ch or something. But yknow, first impressions. If ppl don't like the start, they won't give the rest a chance.

...I'm sleep deprived and I'm grouchy..
...I regret nothing..

Users who are viewing this thread