The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

0ri

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so if the family has the connections to flee to another country in one scenario, why doesn't that apply in the others? And aren't there easier ways to lose power than get your daughter banished? Like donate half your fortune to charity?

Dex-chan lover
....Eh? That's the reason? I mean, I guess navigating political balances is tricky, but this seems like...a weird solution. Let's not forget that Mary's BFF is a long-lost daughter of the queen, so the royal family should have a pretty strong connection to the Albert house.

I guess the key point is that she doesn't mind going to the north and living a more free and mundane life. Turns out Addie is a love interest character though, so...hmm. Not that they need to worry his romantic prospects.

Dex-chan lover
@0ri Well, they get backstabbed as she said. Also, she's likely doing this against her father's knowledge. I mean, would he agree to her if she told him all this? Would he believe her? Would he be willing to lose his hard earned fortune? I'd bet no. Logically, none of that should happen. Nobody can expect any of that. Only she can since she played the game. And if she provides her theory, it'll only seem like a far fetched theory. But she knows it'll happen.

Dex-chan lover
@Red225 By knowing that they cannot be trusted, they are in a really good position to move and make countermeasures in case they try to betray them, like taking important members to hostage, etc, and then they can simply rid of them afterwards anyway. After a coup you'll always have to clean house anyway. I get it, she wants to avoid conflict, but it's stupid as well, because ultimately she'd still let others decide their fate having them under the thumb of others, mostly the royal family, when they are in a position to do otherwise.

Group Leader
@Yabaibunni

Yeah @NoSoup pretty much nailed it. And I'm gonna go off on a limb as assume that the Heroine's ending with Addie isn't as reputation-damaging because (1) she's the heroine of an Otome game. She can do no wrong and (2) Unlike our MC (in the original game, that is) she has a better reputation and stronger connections with powerful people. They'd probably agree to turning a blind eye to her marrying "beneath her".

Ultimately, the crux of the eloping issue is that our MC has absolutely no clue that Addie is in love with her, and to be honest you can't really blame her. He keeps his feelings really well-contained, and their relationship never goes further than good friends (with the constant caveat being that he's her servant and both of them are aware of this status difference). The only way she'd ever consider eloping with him an option is if Addie confessing his feelings in a very clear, direct, and non-misinterpretable manner (like her thinking he's just pretending to take care of her).

Dex-chan lover
Addie was like "The FUCK do you mean you're leaving me"

Fed-Kun's army
well I mean you can't get betrayed if you "betray" yourself
highresrollsafe.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Pacingwise, I believe the manga is still covering WN arc 1/LN Vol 1.

Bothe the WN and LN are complete at 7 arcs/7 volumes.

Double-page supporter
Welcome back!

--

While Mary is clearly smarter than she pretends to be, I feel like she hasn't thought this through that well. All the Albert House really has to do is voluntarily cede a part of its authority and wealth back to the royal family out of patriotic loyalty, and then relax and enjoy their status as the first and most honored among the royal vassals. An excuse would probably be needed, yes, but it doesn't have to be because the daughter of the house did something bad. It could be as easy as answering and supporting a royal centralization initiative, or in response to a bad harvest year, or because there's an external conflict somewhere, or it's just the jubilee and oh look what a perfect time to make a gesture of devotion.

I'm not even counting the rather obvious part where the future princess of the kingdom is already totally in love BFF with her, as Mary doesn't realize it herself.

Users who are viewing this thread