The Holy Grail of Eris - Vol. 9 Ch. 40 - Lily Orlamunde's Reminiscence (Part 5)

Group Leader
and that code word of the syndicate, 'killiku killi" whatever is that contain a particular reaction to their member.

That’s not magic. Daegaz has codes words to confirm their members identity without making things obvious.

However when someone who is clearly not part of their organization (ie: the orphans, Constance, etc) says it to someone who is part of Daegaz, it would indicate that there’s either a leak in their organization or that someone is onto them, so they gotta tie up loose ends by killing. That’s why Constance almost got shot for it. That’s also why Lily told the orphans that if any adult who was asking about her even slightly reacted to that phrase, they needed to silently run away within that night itself (since any competent Daegaz member wouldn’t kill an entire group of orphans in broad daylight, but they would definitely come after them soon).

The benefit of saying that code word is that it makes it clear who your enemies are. The downside is that you get bumped up to the top of their hit list.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhh, Lily Orlamunde, you were amazing. I mean, what else can be said about her story?

Dex-chan lover
Scarlet was truly loved, after all... Shame that Lillys method doesn't really seem likely to create a vengeful ghost.

That interaction with the princess was dumb as hell. "I've been hanging around the slums lately -- by the way I thought I saw someone who looks like you recently." Of course the princess would assume you meant you saw her lookalike in the slums, that's literally what you were just talking about. This wasn't a gotcha, this was a shitty attempt at being clever.

Group Leader
Damn, I chugged those 40 chapter down so fast.
I can't believe I almost missed that master piece.

That interaction with the princess was dumb as hell. "I've been hanging around the slums lately -- by the way I thought I saw someone who looks like you recently." Of course the princess would assume you meant you saw her lookalike in the slums, that's literally what you were just talking about. This wasn't a gotcha, this was a shitty attempt at being clever.
Lily said " i think i spot you the other day " nowhere in her words mention that she spot the princess in the slum. Yes, normally when you talking about some place, then you say that quote people will assume that you meant that you see them in that place. But that also doesn't confirm they see them in that exact place either, the princess only assumed. Lily play with her words and perfectly trick the princess into thinking that and slipped. You're the one that can't understand it LOL

Contributor
Lily was a great lady.
Not as much as Scarlet who would never kill herself, but still very-high-tier.

Dex-chan lover
So Lily was an absolute chad after all
Lily was a great lady.
Not as much as Scarlet who would never kill herself, but still very-high-tier.
Lily killed herself only because she knew she wouldn't hold out in an interrogation, in my opinion this was the same tier as Scarlet's execution.

Double-page supporter
one of the best flashbacks i have seen! Lily is so amazing, same with Scarlet. I cant sing these girls praises enough!

Dex-chan lover
That was excellent side character writing and adaptation and translation! 👏

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, how is it that two out of the three best girls in this manga aren't even alive?

Users who are viewing this thread