The Hunter

Fed-Kun's army
Chapter 30 now and its like... "Oh, you are ready fucking this one up? Here is another one you can beat to a pulp... done? Well, here are more to punch..."
Literally 30 Chapters of pissing on anyone he meets... :D its funny tho :D

Dex-chan lover
I found this series below average, but still kinda entertaining. This mc kills on a whim, way beyond revenge or self-defense, using a near invincible dagger of Doom that his parents "coincidentally" happened to own before disappearing.
Now chapter 29 comes out and piles up the stupid.
The mc gets enraged at people targeting his family despite he himself starting the cycle of violence.
That's it for me.

Fed-Kun's army
Ninjascans said they are dropping this series because some 'legit' site decice to translate it

Dex-chan lover
@DonutsOnly but Solo Leveling has a better story, better fights and basically anything is better

this is just a fun read to kill some time if you're bored imo

Double-page supporter
And another series going to the non-existant site of wecomics... Seriously do the scanlators of manhuas have even a little backbone? Tencent hasn't even asked you to drop it, but you all go ahead and do so anyways... Tencent created wecomics and it doesn't even work worldwide, but for some reason all scanlators have tucked their tails in and dropped all manhuas tencent put up on that shitty site. Well thanks a bunch...

Double-page supporter
@Solemmaru Yeah they are dropping it like the scanlators of other interesting manhua too, all in favor of a site that tencent created, but that doesn't even work in most cases even in the US from what I've heard, not to mention here in the EU where we get 403 Forbidden messages... Starting to think maybe all scanlators are conditioned somehow to fear tencent even before those guys ask them to drop a series.
It's really funny though as many other manhuas have official releases on other sites, but they are way behind and neither tencent nor other Chinese publishers have ever asked the unofficial scanlators to quit doing it.

Group Leader
Works for me, and I live in the UK, but from what i'm seeing it doesn't allow you to access the site via search results, but direct links work.
(https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/96)

wecomics doesnt work in all of EU.
Switzerland and Romania shows 403 msg.
Netherlands, Germany and Norway works.
that's all I could check

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeAssassin278
From their discord accnouncements:
It has come to our knowledge that Tencent is officially releasing a licensed English version of The Hunter named as Dark Hunter
You can find them here
https://m.wecomics.com/comic/index/id/96
Go support the official release.
We will drop hunter after we release the chapters that are already done.

@RetR0_321
Works fine in "the EU", maybe your ISP is blocking it?

@Vengeance22
Also talking about backbone, would you risk your future to provide free entertainment to ungrateful pieces of ...? I think not.

lmao the official translation is actually worse than the fan TL
that's embarrassing

Double-page supporter
@yldDavid Your point being? They drop series like crazy in favour of a site that doesn't work everywhere and to my knowledge they haven't even been ordered to do so, thus in my eyes that's at least wierd. It's like they are conditioned somehow towards tencent. Maybe it's that communist mindset that has been grinded into Chinese people for the past 3/4 of a century I don't know, but I find it wierd that they are so obedient even without an order. Also no it doesn't work in the EU anywhere. I've spoken with people in several other countries in the EU and this shitty site doesn't work anywhere, so not an ISP issue. If you are from the EU and it works for you then you must be using some kind of payed proxy or what cuz otherwise that shitty site doesn't work, period.

@Vengeance22
Works for me, works for my friends I asked to try. No proxy no VPN.
Point was, even if they didn't get a cease and desist order why risk it? Why would they possibly risk getting legal trouble just for the privilege of working for free?
Too much entitlement in your comments dude.

Many scanlators make it a point to drop anything that has an official release. You can go on other aggregator sites that rip it from the official if you wish to.

Double-page supporter
@yldDavid Oh really they are working for free huh? I can casually mention several groups that continuously beg for donations and several even have donation counters on their sites, so that argument is out the window I guess. But all this doesn't matter at all, what I do find offensive is that they are dropping series for this shitty site. If they were doing it for some other site that actually works I wouldn't have a problem with it. If they got an order to case and desist drop the series no problem, but why drop when they never got the order and they say they can make better quality translations anyways? Why not instead keep going and make an appeal to the official publisher that they can do better and they should let them be the providers of the translation instead? Makes no sense that they just drop like robots without even trying to fight back for their own sakes. This is what I find wierd and why I said it's like they are conditioned towards tencent. Some groups managed to get to become the official translators and they at least csan host on their own sites too. That would be most welcome in these cases too, not this unilateral dropping frenzy.

@Vengeance22 if they continue to do hunter then Tencent ( a billion dollar company) will DMCA and get them into legal trouble . The entire group ( along with all their projects) will be in serious trouble. They don't want to take the risks, and no, they don't like how little the official translators care about the project either.

@Vengeance22

Oh really they are working for free huh? I can casually mention several groups that continuously beg for donations and several even have donation counters on their sites, so that argument is out the window I guess.

$20 says you know literally nothing about their finances outside of a counter on their website, like 99.99999% of the people on this site that start bringing up donations.

But all this doesn't matter at all, what I do find offensive is that they are dropping series for this shitty site.

What I find offensive is you. Everything's about you, and your needs. Rather than the needs of the publisher, the artist, or the author. "The site doesn't work for me", oh well. That's honestly completely unimportant. Hop behind a proxy or a VPN.

"Keep giving me my free entertainment because the official site is crap!"

No.

Users who are viewing this thread