The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 1

@JWChibi You are correct that it doesn't make sense. The rampant illogical connections is annoying and I won't be reading this.

But just fyi, a generation is about 20 to 30 years. So 100 years cover about 4 to 5 generations.

Please, decide if it's a kingdom with a king and royal orders, or an empire with an emperor with imperial orders.
This is hella confusing, because you say Blanche kingdom with king, then throw in an imperial order 😐

And I agree with the others, 300 years may sound a lot but actually, it's not a lot in a people's history. And yeah, uh, the skin tone is one thing, but you can only have red hair if both of your parents have at least the dormant gene for that if I remember correctly. And I think it's actually the rarest. (Which might not mean much since we're in a fantasy world, for all I know, 70% of the population might have red hair. Okay, probably not, seems like only the Leta people have red hair here??? Maybe that's what the Blanches are using to distinguish them?)

I don't understand how being his vassal saved her dignity or something?

But oh my gaaaahd! Thank you soo much for the mass release!! 😍😘

Double-page supporter
@Pocky8 I assume that Imperial Order and Royal Decree likely translate from the same thing in Korean, but since I can't read Korean I don't know for sure.

Fed-Kun's army
@JWChibi
average lifespan during similar setting to our world would be 40 years. people had children as early as when they were 14, so 300 years could be anywhere up to like 20 generations

@capt_gigglepants the lifespan was that low since those times had really high infant mortality rate bringing down the average lifespan. If you lived past like 15-20 you generally survived quite a bit longer than 40 years of age.

Fed-Kun's army
@garnzlok AVERAGE, the main point being, people had kids early and even if you survived to be 60, you still had kids when you were a teenager because you didnt know if you would live past 20, and your kids also had kids when they were teenagers and so on and so on.

Knowing that we could've had a BA black female lead and didn't makes me SO MAD. Why add that the empire is racist as a side note then not explore it? I guess it is the blanche empire.

Anyway I like the fl, I'm just super sad we couldn't have what could have been 😣

does this mean Saving your tooches since 2k19 is into fury???
cause this ml is a beast and on beware of the vileness, nine is a wolf lol

While I’m really liking the art style the whole “lemme add racism towards dark skinned people but then remove all dark skinned people from my actual story” feels so gross to me. The author could’ve taken the chance to have a dark skinned FL but decided to use an issue many dark skinned people do face irl, use it as a minor plot device without giving it the attention it deserved, and then erases dark skinned people from their story. The audacity to try and convince readers that dark skin across an entire race of people can be erased over 300 years is at best absurd and at worst downright disgusting.

I wasn’t gonna make an essay but the more I typed the angrier I got.

Dex-chan lover
Sammy Sosa approves.

sammy-sosa-before-after-583x388.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that race thing ... I get that the author wasn't thinking this through and didn't mean to deliberately offend anyone, but that was sooooo awfully stupidly done. The story doesn't need this at all. Leave that part out and it still works exactly the same - gypsies get persecuted, we are all unfortunately familiar with that, doesn't need some weird racial theory - so why add this baffling backstory?

Unless the heroine "turns black" later once she unlocks her true heritage or somesuch fantasy twist (which won't happen) this doesn't add anything at all.

Double-page supporter
I start reading this because of comedy tag. But why is chapter one so depressing. I thought it would be light hearted fluff romance. Should have known i cant trust historical tag to be fluff

Fed-Kun's army
bruh author really said 'what if i use racism, genocide, and rape as a plot device? haha jk... unless???' and fuckin ran with it. like maam... i cannot even begin to tell you that that's not how race mixing and skin tone works (one can look white passing within like the next generation, but recessive genes can and will show up). also fucking what is it about the rromani that people love to romanticize? like, wow racial and ethnic discrimination, but we can dress them up in inaccurate middle eastern bellydance clothes, tie a cloth around their waist over their skirt, some gold bangles and bracelets, and that right there is a g*psy, which btw, that word is a slur :)))
this shit was dumb, i got fuckin scammed from that promo webtoon

Dex-chan lover
That is one helluva way to start... Mass genocide of a culture, racism, and rape. Author knows how to make the villain a guy we can all collectively hate.

Users who are viewing this thread